Favorite TV announcer

Always thought "the Mountain Man" had lots to add to the presentation. I would tune in just to hear his commentary. Too bad I hate the NBA.
839ad754de38b658e9d03c435d102cd9.jpg

Reactions: Big Al Orange
what the hell you talking about?
You invoked Gordon Solie, but you apparently don't remember him well. His two favorite things to say in interviews with wrestlers was "Interesting words indeed" and "that remains to be seen". That's what the hell I'm talking about, scooter.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Curt Gowdy - Jets football back in the 60’s and 70’s. There were only two broadcast at that time doing NFL. Curt was also on ABC Wide World of Sports…

You invoked Gordon Solie, but you apparently don't remember him well. His two favorite things to say in interviews with wrestlers was "Interesting words indeed" and "that remains to be seen". That's what the hell I'm talking about, scooter.
I remember the call of the action in ring the unt uh phrase is classic to me,Solie and the Fabolous Freebirds were Georgia Wrestling even though there were other great characters I tuned in to see Terry Gordy and Micheal Hayes Buddy Roberts was just a third wheel

I'm not a big hockey fan, but I was in awe of Doc Emrick. His ability to accurately keep up vocally with what was happening on the ice was nothing short of incredible. Doubt there will ever be another who can call a hockey game like that man. I put him up there with Madden and Jackson as the GOATs.

Currently- Sean McDonough
All time- Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried
Same, McDonough & Blackledge are the best currently but no one will ever top Franklin, Gottfried & Adrian Karsten on the sideline eating a chicken leg or something.

Dizzy Dean (with Pee Wee Reese) "Oh, he had a there, notion, fans!! He was swinging for the Downs right there!!"

Yankee batter walked and Mickey Mantle is next up with bases loaded.

"Brother there ain't no worse place you can be than this!

Loved Diz, stopped at his Rest Area in Wiggins, MS., coming back from Biloxi.

My favorite wrestling announcers were always the heel announcers.
That role was innovated by Jesse "The Body" Ventura, and perfected by Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.
Jerry Lawler was the only reason I watched any wrestling in the early 21st century. He was highly entertaining, and was the perfect sparring partner for JR.
Lance Russel was always welcome to my living room on Saturday morning from @1978-1985.

VN Store

Back