Favorite fast food hamburger.

Favorite fast food hamburger joint

• Total voters
Here are five of my favorite hamburger chains(Not necessarily in this order)

Checkers-Rallys
Jack in the Box
In N Out Burger
Harvey's(Canada)
Whataburger

Reactions: MAD
Always wanted to try Whataburger, legendary Texas franchise. Haven't they expanded into Tennessee? Any reviews?

They're fine/average, nothing to write home about. They have them in the Destin area. You're not missing out on anything special.

Reactions: feathersax
I went to Culver's recently for the first time really to get some cheese curds since I hadn't had them before. Had to go through the drive thru since the lobby wasn't open so I quickly just ordered whatever looked like one of their fancier burgers (didn't want to keep the line of cars behind me waiting while I putzed around trying to read the menu board). My take on the burger (whatever their double bacon cheeseburger deluxe thing) is it seems like it was pretty good quality ingredients but the meat patties were not overcooked but tasted sort of charcoalish which just muted the taste of everything else on the burger.
It was ok, but it was like $18 for the burger, curds and a milk shake for one person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Border Vol and MAD
I went to Culver's recently for the first time really to get some cheese curds since I hadn't had them before. Had to go through the drive thru since the lobby was open so I quickly just ordered whatever looked like one of their fancier burgers (didn't want to keep the line of cars behind me waiting while I putzed around trying to read the menu board). My take on the burger (whatever their double bacon cheeseburger deluxe thing) is it seems like it was pretty good quality ingredients but the meat patties were not overcooked but tasted sort of charcoalish which just muted the taste of everything else on the burger.
It was ok, but it was like $18 for the burger, curds and a milk shake for one person.
I had the exact same experience and outcome as you.

I went to Culver's recently for the first time really to get some cheese curds since I hadn't had them before. Had to go through the drive thru since the lobby wasn't open so I quickly just ordered whatever looked like one of their fancier burgers (didn't want to keep the line of cars behind me waiting while I putzed around trying to read the menu board). My take on the burger (whatever their double bacon cheeseburger deluxe thing) is it seems like it was pretty good quality ingredients but the meat patties were not overcooked but tasted sort of charcoalish which just muted the taste of everything else on the burger.
The big things on Culver's menu are butter burgers and frozen custard

Got two Culver's Double Butter Cheeseburger Value Basket meals tonight.
BOGO by logging on and getting a Culver’s account.
Best of all was getting three free Pup Cups for the dogs.
1617930228452.jpeg

Reactions: Border Vol
I like Culvers. Not the cheapest. We go whenever a BOGO coupon shows up in the mail. I like their burgers and the sort of grilled/charred taste.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I used to go to the first Five Guys location off Columbia Pike in Arlington, VA. I actually knew the “Five Guys”. This was before they franchised and went national.
You should have talked them into letting you be the sixth guy.

You should have talked them into letting you be the sixth guy.

FYI: There is a sixth guy...it’s the fifth son who wasn’t born when they started the original joint.

And a good friend of mine who I used to go to that original five guys with bought the rights to the first franchise. I used to always have free burger coupons he would give me. Good guy to know!

Of the ones listed in the poll:
1. Wendys - tastes very similar to Whataburger to me
2. Krystal
3. Sonic
4. McDonalds
5. Burger King

If we are talking other chain drive-thrus:
1. Pal's
2. Freddy's / Steak n Shake
3. Checkers / Rallly's
4. Cookout

FYI: There is a sixth guy...it’s the fifth son who wasn’t born when they started the original joint.

And a good friend of mine who I used to go to that original five guys with bought the rights to the first franchise. I used to always have free burger coupons he would give me. Good guy to know!
I’m sure he is a great guy to know!😄
1619139292333.jpeg

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

VN Store

Back