Fandom Points

macrovol

tbh

Heh...you said Member
wonder why Atlanta want able to keep their NHL team, do you see them getting one again?
I have a sneaky feeling that they'll probably not see (at least for another 5-10 years) another NHL franchise after whiffing on the Flames a long while ago and then the Thrashers more recently. If/when the area has more folks moving in from up north and the upper midwest, then there may be another push for an NHL team.

Tampa Bay and Phoenix are fairly solid proof that an NHL-level franchise can survive outside of the traditional markets, but it has a lot to do with transplants (at least until a natural, native following can be established with a successful team, like in Tampa Bay's case).

mad4vols

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
I have a sneaky feeling that they'll probably not see (at least for another 5-10 years) another NHL franchise after whiffing on the Flames a long while ago and then the Thrashers more recently. If/when the area has more folks moving in from up north and the upper midwest, then there may be another push for an NHL team.

Tampa Bay and Phoenix are fairly solid proof that an NHL-level franchise can survive outside of the traditional markets, but it has a lot to do with transplants (at least until a natural, native following can be established with a successful team, like in Tampa Bay's case).
You are 100% right, I live in Tampa Bay, they are hockey crazy down here.

ArdentVol

70% Vols FB
10% all other Vol sports
20% STL Cardinals (season ticket holder since 1982)
0% Rams (was a fan when they were in STL but, no more, since Kroenke bought & moved them to LA)

40 years w/card tickets -- that's heaven;
I've been sentenced to 40 years in the other place (tideland)

... Kroenke ruined my ram fandom

VN Store

Sponsors