Fandom Points

Reactions: kcvols1 and MAD
wonder why Atlanta want able to keep their NHL team, do you see them getting one again?

I have a sneaky feeling that they'll probably not see (at least for another 5-10 years) another NHL franchise after whiffing on the Flames a long while ago and then the Thrashers more recently. If/when the area has more folks moving in from up north and the upper midwest, then there may be another push for an NHL team.

Tampa Bay and Phoenix are fairly solid proof that an NHL-level franchise can survive outside of the traditional markets, but it has a lot to do with transplants (at least until a natural, native following can be established with a successful team, like in Tampa Bay's case).

Reactions: MAD
I have a sneaky feeling that they'll probably not see (at least for another 5-10 years) another NHL franchise after whiffing on the Flames a long while ago and then the Thrashers more recently. If/when the area has more folks moving in from up north and the upper midwest, then there may be another push for an NHL team.

Tampa Bay and Phoenix are fairly solid proof that an NHL-level franchise can survive outside of the traditional markets, but it has a lot to do with transplants (at least until a natural, native following can be established with a successful team, like in Tampa Bay's case).
You are 100% right, I live in Tampa Bay, they are hockey crazy down here.

Reactions: tbh
70% Vols FB
10% all other Vol sports
20% STL Cardinals (season ticket holder since 1982)
0% Rams (was a fan when they were in STL but, no more, since Kroenke bought & moved them to LA)

40 years w/card tickets -- that's heaven;
I've been sentenced to 40 years in the other place (tideland)

... Kroenke ruined my ram fandom

70- UT football
10- Braves
5- UT round ball
5- Colts
5- Browns
5- Any native OH/PA NCAA wrestlers

100 percent Tennessee Vols!!!! If I have extra sh!t points, then Lady Vols. Screw them Yankee teams.

Some of you didn't read the rules and are just trying act like you literally watch nothing but UT sports.

Redoing my fandom points since it’s more enjoyable watching Tennessee again.

Here’s a fun exercise: if you had 100 “fandom points” to allocate to the teams you root for across all sports, giving more to the ones you care most about, how would it go?

I’d go:

80% University Of Tennessee Volunteers (All Sports Teams)
9% Arsenal FC (Mens & Women)
9% Detroit (Professional Teams including Lions, Tigers, Pistons & Redwings)
2% United States National Soccer Team

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Here’s a fun exercise: if you had 100 “fandom points” to allocate to the teams you root for across all sports, giving more to the ones you care most about, how would it go?

I’d go:
*50 Tennessee Volunteers Football
15 Detroit Lions
15 Arsenal FC
5 Tennessee Volunteers Basketball
5 Tennessee Lady Vols Basketball
5 USMNT
1 Tennessee Volunteers Soccer
1 USWNT
1 Detroit Pistons
1 Detroit Tigers
1 Detroit Redwings

*At one time Tennessee Football would have probably been 70-80% but it’s dropped over the last 15 years unfortunately.
I thought you were mad for the Vols. You're only half assing it 😜

Reactions: VolFaninFla and MAD
I thought you were mad for the Vols. You're only half assing it 😜

Been a lifelong Tennessee fan but the last decade has been tough, especially starting from around 2016 until recently.
I posted this when we were rock bottom, Cornbread had just been fired.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Tennessee Football 25
Carolina Basketball 25
Braves Baseball 25
Colts Football 25
And with my extra 25 points, I’ll use that for the BaseVols 😏

VN Store

Back