Fandom Points

TN football 50
TN basketball 30
TN baseball 15
Preds 5 .. now I’m 100 percent lol

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
Some of you didn't read the rules and are just trying act like you literally watch nothing but UT sports.

It said FANDOM not WATCHDOM. My only allegiances are to UT sports teams. There is a pecking order if games are in conflict taking into account the sport and the significance of the event.

I watch a lot of Braves due to the ability of having continuity due to being able to see a lot of their games, but would be lying to classify myself as a fan. Did buy a hat at a yard sale once. Attended a few games with church groups years ago. I do enjoy watching pro football, but my attention follows teams of interest not A team. Right now KC and Buffalo who just replaced NO.

Too many folks interpret the word fan differently. To me, fandom is a passion, not a preference. I was born at the old Baptist literally in sight of Neyland. Leaving the hospital we drove across the Henley bridge, turned left on Cumberland, continued down thru the strip to Kingston Pike till we reached our home in Bearden. Shortly thereafter Dad called Coach Neyland and requested a good season in my honor, and you guessed it, it was June 1951. So how can I be a fan of any other team. I will not bore the board AGAIN with my lengthy list of VOL kid blessings.

I needed NOT to go to UT for a couple of reasons, and chose Belmont. Partially picked them due to them being NAIA and not even have a football team to divide allegiances with and for having access to UT radio and replays. Supported and attended Belmont sports, but was always a UT fan and it was noted by anyone who was not blind. Just never entered my mind. Too late in the game to start dividing fan points now. So I will stick with my100% UT answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD and vol66
It said FANDOM not WATCHDOM. My only allegiances are to UT sports teams. There is a pecking order if games are in conflict taking into account the sport and the significance of the event.

I watch a lot of Braves due to the ability of having continuity due to being able to see a lot of their games, but would be lying to classify myself as a fan. Did buy a hat at a yard sale once. Attended a few games with church groups years ago. I do enjoy watching pro football, but my attention follows teams of interest not A team. Right now KC and Buffalo who just replaced NO.

Too many folks interpret the word fan differently. To me, fandom is a passion, not a preference. I was born at the old Baptist literally in sight of Neyland. Leaving the hospital we drove across the Henley bridge, turned left on Cumberland, continued down thru the strip to Kingston Pike till we reached our home in Bearden. Shortly thereafter Dad called Coach Neyland and requested a good season in my honor, and you guessed it, it was June 1951. So how can I be a fan of any other team. I will not bore the board AGAIN with my lengthy list of VOL kid blessings.

I needed NOT to go to UT for a couple of reasons, and chose Belmont. Partially picked them due them being NAIA and not even have a football team to divide allegiances with and having access to UT radio and replays. Supported and attended Belmont sports, but was always a UT fan and it was noted by anyone who was not blind. Just never entered my mind. Too late in the game to start dividing fan points now. So I will stick with my100% UT answer.

As a person born at the kick off of the UT/Bama game, I understand where this comes from and am very much looking forward to this years game which falls on…you guessed it!

Oh, yeah born at the old St. Mary’s Hospital off Broadway.

GBO!!!

I would reserve my decisions until the games are underway. I would make 1 defcsion in the first half and the 2nd in the second half. I would award a total go 10 points in the the 10 football games with that decision coming before each games Total of 10 games would be made and no points could be given after the regular season in completed.

50 Vols football. (my law school)
20 Vols basketball
10 WVU football (I grew up in WV)
10 King Tornado any sport (my college)
5 Vols baseball
4 Bluefield Beaver any sport (my high school)
1 any team my daughters play for

50 Vols football. (my law school)
20 Vols basketball
10 WVU football (I grew up in WV)
10 King Tornado any sport (my college)
5 Vols baseball
4 Bluefield Beaver any sport (my high school)
1 any team my daughters play for
I wouldn’t show this list to your daughters.
🤣😂🤣

Great thread idea. I’d have to go with
90 Tennesssee Volunteers
10 Tennessee Titans

Here’s a fun exercise: if you had 100 “fandom points” to allocate to the teams you root for across all sports, giving more to the ones you care most about, how would it go?

I’d go:
*50 Tennessee Volunteers Football
15 Detroit Lions
15 Arsenal FC
5 Tennessee Volunteers Basketball
5 Tennessee Lady Vols Basketball
5 USMNT
1 Tennessee Volunteers Soccer
1 USWNT
1 Detroit Pistons
1 Detroit Tigers
1 Detroit Redwings

*At one time Tennessee Football would have probably been 70-80% but it’s dropped over the last 15 years unfortunately.
UT Football 90
UT other sports 7
USA Olympics wrestlers 3

How long have you been an Arsenal fan?
As long as I can remember (I'm 39). I actually lived in north London for two years and saw one of the last games at Highbury (Henry scored a hat trick) and first games at the Emirates.

Great start this season! Big test tomorrow. COYG!

As long as I can remember (I'm 39). I actually lived in north London for two years and saw one of the last games at Highbury (Henry scored a hat trick) and first games at the Emirates.

Great start this season! Big test tomorrow. COYG!
Wow, that’s incredible you got to see a match at Highbury.
And yes, most optimistic I’ve been since 2016.

Reactions: KnoxKid

VN Store

Back