Fan Reprimanded?

Yeah well also remember she is on the Westside with those losers who ask you to sit down and keep the noise down. Most of those on the Westside are the worst fans.

It's called a vendetta. A toilet paper dispenser could run out in Thomspson-Boling Arena and 67 would call for Hamilton's head.

Its called not being lulled to sleep by one good decision out of 20

I think the problem was as much thin skinned fans around here, as her repeatedly yelling the same cheer loudly.

The AD shouldn't have gotten involved, it sends a bad message. It gets interpretated as the AD asking fans not to cheer too often or too loudly, Thats the kind of publicity the AD needs to avoid.
I agree with that... good post, okla.

I'm trying to figure out if it's good or bad that the majority of the complaints after the game aren't about the game, but instead about loud fans, tailgating, and running through the T... :wacko:

I disagree with the AD not getting involved, I just think Hamilton should've shown the talent that got him hired. Instead of a letter asking her to be less annoying and on the Department's letterhead no less, he should have sent her something like the following from a fictional independent alumni organization...

"Dear Mrs. Schatz,

Every year the Athletic Department reviews tens of thousands of fan comments to choose a select number of loyal Vols for a highly specialized Spirit Campaign. We are pleased to announce that you are by far the most popular candidate ever nominated! Many of your fellow fans not only nominated you, but in the spirit of true Tennessee fans actually offered to pay the cost of your participation themselves.

We hope that you, clearly a truly massive Vol athletic supporter, will participate in this important and secret campaign. Enclosed you will find a variety of jerseys and hats for the various teams on the Tennessee schedule along with free tickets in the 5th ROW of the visitor's section. Your mission will be to attend every home game dressed in the opponent's colors, sit in the visitors' section, and cheer for them in exactly the same manner as you are used to doing for the Vols.

As you know, fan support is especially important on the road and in close games can have an incalculable effect on team morale. Your fellow Vol fans- and we whole-heartedly agree- firmly believe that you can help us break the visiting fans' spirits, and in that way best help us lead the Volunteers to Victory!

Yours in Orange,
Morey Caughbelle

Go Vols!! "

Yeah well also remember she is on the Westside with those losers who ask you to sit down and keep the noise down. Most of those on the Westside are the worst fans.

As a resident of Section S, I take exception to that. I am a member of the class of '98, and I have yelled myself hoarse in every game this year except Saturday. I was in FL at my brother's 40th birthday party/re-release post-divorce party... I am hoarse yet again, but go figure.

This lady goes WAAAAAYYYY beyond standing up and screaming for the Vols. She is loud, obnoxious, and apparently afflicted with a full-body Tourette's spasm for the ENTIRETY of the game; on offense, during injuries (i.e. Inky), etc. It is only by the grace of the Almighty that she apparently goes to take a whizz at halftime. I sit MANY rows in front of her... and it gets on my nerves. Look at the video for pete's sake! Take that 5 second clip and multiply it by 2,160. That is what she does over the course of a 3 hour game. (less 20 min for the aformentioned halftime whizz break)

She has spirit in spades, and God love her for it. You gotta give her that. But to quote Nigel from Spinal Tap, "Take it back down from 11".

She is loud, obnoxious, and apparently afflicted with a full-body Tourette's spasm for the ENTIRETY of the game; on offense, during injuries (i.e. Inky), etc. It is only by the grace of the Almighty that she apparently goes to take a whizz at halftime.

:lolabove::lolabove:
I feel for you man.

That being said, maybe we should invite her to Athens for the UGA game!! I thought I was going to be an proud, obnoxious Vol with my orange pants and Gator skin shoes!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

PS- go Buffs!! :birgits_giggle:

maybe someone should tell her to yell only when UT is on defense and explain to her why.......

YOu mean actually try and educate your neighboor.....nahhh much easier to write a letter to the ticket office.

I've had both experiences. I've sat through routs of ole miss from nose bleed and had a great time. I've sat through major trouncing on the gamecocks from under the overhangs off the 20 yard line corner and had a great time. I sat in the lower section against KY when Couch was a soph. and was just down from one of the most obnoxious fans I've ever seen. Beyond cheering and standing and yelling, etc. Nothing but kill, the SOB, kill the ***, kill the ref, kill KY, kill kill kill. It was unbearable. It was actually hard to enjoy the game. Even though it was KY.

maybe someone should tell her to yell only when UT is on defense and explain to her why.......

Maybe that same person can explain to the rest of the crowd that Wilhoit lining up a FG is NOT cause to start the wave?

Let's be totally honest here KD. Is ANYTHING cause to start the wave? :lol:

I just thought it was CLASSIC that the wave actually passed right behind the uprights as the ball was snapped.

Maybe, next year, we can start handing out those noodle-thingys that they wave behind the backboard at NBA games.

There was a family infront of me and the wife last week. The girl, probably 18-23 yrs old would hold her ears when my wife and I would scream behind her. EVERY PLAY.

We just laughed and got louder.

They left at halftime, and didn't come back.

We yell EVERY defensive play, so if you're sitting near us, you better be ready for the noise.
We need more of that !!!

This is all I needed to read:
It's more the timing than the volume that annoys fans, Arnold said.
"She was yelling when our offense was out there - 'Go all the way, all the way.' - That's not the appropriate time to be cheering."

Most likely, she also involved herself in the wave while we were on offense and while Wilhoit was kicking FGs. Maybe, instead of the Asst. AD trying to tell her to tone it down, they should have invited her to a one on one meeting with Fulmer who could instruct her exactly why we do not want fans cheering while we were on offense. I think that would have been a good way to get her to stop cheering while Ainge is at the line, as well as she would have gotten to spend time with the Head Coach and the team.

VN Store

Back