Fan Reprimanded?

Evidently it is true...here's the link to the article in today's News Sentinel:
KnoxNews: Govols

The story sounds a little surreal, but though she is probably a very nice person, I am imagining she is just simply a really annoying fan (yelling while we're on offense, yelling as a Inky Johnson lay motionless on the field etc.) and after 3 games in 3 weeks, the people sitting around her had enough.

Danny Arnold of LaFollette sits about three rows behind Caldwell. He was surprised by the call from UT to Caldwell but not surprised by the complaints. "I thought she was drunk the first time I saw her (at the season opener against Cal)," said Arnold, who has been attending UT football games for 34 years, since he was 6. "But she wasn't."
Maybe the complainers overreacted, maybe they didn't, but we've all sat near people like that who have no clue what to say or when to cheer (They typically are also the ones who like to try to start the wave :p ) . . . Just imagine having season tickets and her being there every single game??

I gotta say Im pretty disappointed in the fans when I have sat in season ticket sections. Ive been asked to sit down numerous times. Not even yelling, just standing to watch the game.

I gotta say Im pretty disappointed in the fans when I have sat in season ticket sections. Ive been asked to sit down numerous times. Not even yelling, just standing to watch the game.

I've seen that happen too. But this situation seems to go a little beyond that.

LOL

Welcome back.

Glad to see you only show up to call for someone's job. Especially someone that is doing a pretty damn good job.

Based on the article in KNS, serious error in judgement by the AD.

Do you really think so? It's tough to make much of a judgement from the article, but it sounded to me like a group of fans who were at the end of their rope with somebody acting like an idiot.

There are plenty of annoying people cheering for UT. Like I said, it's tough to make much of a judgement based on the story, but I do think one of the most telling quotes from the article is from a guy a few rows back who didn't complain, but thought she was drunk.

She is elated with UT and she gets a rush out of watching the team. Let her cheer, she paid her money. Hell she can come sit with me.

is she cheering, or just being an obnoxious ass? there is a difference. i don't sit near her, so i don't know... i'm just asking.

is she cheering, or just being an obnoxious ass? there is a difference. i don't sit near her, so i don't know... i'm just asking.

That's the question I've dared to ask as well. People are jumping on this like the AD is completely in the wrong and not seeming to leave any room for the possibility that the woman is truly just unbearable.

Heck, I even think being an obnoxious ass is okay... In that it's not something for the AD to take care of.

Acording to the article she yells the same thing over and over and over and over.......

"All the way (not just for a touchdown but to the SEC championship)" and "Take the lead (when the Vols are behind)."

Heck, I even think being an obnoxious ass is okay... In that it's not something for the AD to take care of.

Granted, it would have to get pretty bad for me to complain as well. But none of us were there. :dunno: It just sounds to me like they took it for 3 games and got fed up with some of her antics.

Do you really think so? It's tough to make much of a judgement from the article, but it sounded to me like a group of fans who were at the end of their rope with somebody acting like an idiot.

I think the problem was as much thin skinned fans around here, as her repeatedly yelling the same cheer loudly.

The AD shouldn't have gotten involved, it sends a bad message. It gets interpretated as the AD asking fans not to cheer too often or too loudly, Thats the kind of publicity the AD needs to avoid.

kind of like fire fulmer, or mike hamilton. over and over and over and over and over and over. Maybe we should get the freak to call them.

I think the problem was as much thin skinned fans around here, as her repeatedly yelling the same cheer loudly.

If you want examples of the "thin-skinned fans," read through the comments in her KNS website poll. There is even one that says we should: "cheer, NOT stand and scream."

If you want examples of the "thin-skinned fans," read through the comments in her KNS website poll. There is even one that says we should: "cheer, NOT stand and scream."

That's a tough one. There are definitely times when I've seen people get ticked at others who are just being fans, but at the same time I also see plenty of frustrating instances where people are being idiots with no clue what is happening on the field.

VN Store

Back