Fan Reprimanded?

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
I heard from a drug rep today that a lady was on the Sports Animal this AM claiming that she had received a threatening letter of reprimand from UT for cheering too loudly.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Or is this officially "Alienate Your Own Fans" week?

I heard from a drug rep today that a lady was on the Sports Animal this AM claiming that she had received a threatening letter of reprimand from UT for cheering too loudly.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Or is this officially "Alienate Your Own Fans" week?
I have heard this. It was also mentioned in the dreaded G-10 thread. I really hope that this is not true. If I was that woman I would be making noise like they have never heard before. I think the Univ. should have told the person to complaining to wear ear plugs. You are going to a stadium with 106,000 fans you have to expect it to be loud.

yeah, and i got a letter from UT thanking me for my support from my living room.

I have heard this. It was also mentioned in the dreaded G-10 thread. I really hope that this is not true. If I was that woman I would be making noise like they have never heard before. I think the Univ. should have told the person to complaining to wear ear plugs. You are going to a stadium with 106,000 fans you have to expect it to be loud.

There was a family infront of me and the wife last week. The girl, probably 18-23 yrs old would hold her ears when my wife and I would scream behind her. EVERY PLAY.

We just laughed and got louder.

They left at halftime, and didn't come back.

We yell EVERY defensive play, so if you're sitting near us, you better be ready for the noise.

There was a family infront of me and the wife last week. The girl, probably 18-23 yrs old would hold her ears when my wife and I would scream behind her. EVERY PLAY.

We just laughed and got louder.

They left at halftime, and didn't come back.

We yell EVERY defensive play, so if you're sitting near us, you better be ready for the noise.
Preach it brother!!!

Maybe instead of cheering her for her team she should do a West Virginia thing and throw batteries at the other team? Would that be better?

Maybe instead of cheering her for her team she should do a West Virginia thing and throw batteries at the other team? Would that be better?
It would be better than screaming. How dare her to raise her voice in support of her team at a sporting event. The nerve. I have people tell me to sit down and shut up all the time. The following that comes out of my mouth I shalln't type on this board due to fear of being banned.:)

Why do you even have to ask?

Even if the fan was a season ticket holder, the university would have no way of knowing if she was in that seat for the game. They would NOT send a letter to a donor telling them to not be loud at an SEC game.

Why must anyone even ask if this is true?

I don't doubt someone called into the radio show saying it happened, but there's 0% chance it really did.

Why do you even have to ask?

Even if the fan was a season ticket holder, the university would have no way of knowing if she was in that seat for the game. They would NOT send a letter to a donor telling them to not be loud at an SEC game.

Why must anyone even ask if this is true?

I don't doubt someone called into the radio show saying it happened, but there's 0% chance it really did.
I wouldn't put it past them.

If this is true I'm embarrassed to be a VOL fan.

Maybe the blue-haired brigade has more political pull than we thought...

To show the stupidity of WVU fans, they also throw half-empty beer cans. That really shows idiocy; why would you throw a beer can that still had beer in it?!

Anyway, I can't imagine a fan being told they were cheering too loud at a football game, but when I was living in California I went to several rock concerts where we weren't supposed to stand up.

Yeah, because everyone wants to sit quietly for the duration of an Eagles concert (you try keeping your butt down during a song like "Rocky Mountain Way" :))

As to the validity of the report, it was being discussed again during my ride home. I was (and still am) skeptical that this is true, or at least I sure as heck hope it isn't true, but I'm hearing that she has proof that it is. Someone even told me that the Sports Animal was trying to get the administrator responsible on the air, but that UT declined comment. I guess we'll see. . . .

I'm thinking that if something like that really did happen,there's more to the story than she was just cheering loudly at a game... :zeitung_lesen:

VN Store

Back