Facts about NIL at UT?

To quote Texas coach Darrell Royal, "It's not the X's and the O's but the Jimmys and the Joes"

We will not return to consistent success without the elite players that NIL funds provide, no matter who is coach.

BTW, Do you donate to the LVBHC? or do you just like to be a fan board critic?

Winning cures all

To quote Texas coach Darrell Royal, "It's not the X's and the O's but the Jimmys and the Joes"

We will not return to consistent success without the elite players that NIL funds provide, no matter who is coach.

Quoting a national championship coach also goes to the stance …get the leadership right the rest takes care of itself. Do you ask a lady how much she weighs or your neighbor how much they make?

Reactions: T_Vol376
The complaining about Kellie’s recruiting is probably misplaced. Need to look at ourselves if other collectives are giving more. Everything about collectives is so secretive it is hard to tell.
I don’t want to know how much a particular player is receiving but would like to know how much the various collectives are giving out at our and other universities. I guess I am just a nosey body.

Facts are verifiable.

Facts have sources.

Those sources have histories suggesting that they are, or are not, credible.

“Everybody knows…” usually indicates an absence of facts.

Have you ever seen a verifiable fact about what other schools offer as NIL or nil-like signing payments?

When someone, however loyal and well-meaning, says we are being outbid for top recruits,
unless they provide verifiable facts to support the assertion, we have just as much reason to
think that the statement is true as we have to consider it untrue.
Top 10 women's basketball On 3rd valuations ahead of 2023-2024 season tipoff by Jeremy Crabtree. 11/06/23 LSU tigers had three of the five top NIL players earning money . One thing for sure money flowing vin LSU. ON3NIL site is tracking NIL deals.

Reactions: brittannica
I will repeat AGAIN, if you truly want the Lady Vols to be able to get the recruits they need to be successful, instead of complaining, criticizing or blathering about it on social media and fan boards, give generously and often to the Lady Vol Boost-her Club!

The complaining about Kellie’s recruiting is probably misplaced. Need to look at ourselves if other collectives are giving more. Everything about collectives is so secretive it is hard to tell.
I don't disagree, it's now the way our world works and others seem to be doing it better.

However, we gotta give a little grace for those of us who are a little taken aback by the new reality that what's required of us is not just to show up and stand and clap til the first basket. And maybe even buy season tickets. Now we also have to pony up to pay the players to come take their scholarships. It's a bit of a jarring notion.

Also, I continue to maintain that while donating to the Booster club is great and I do it, individual monthly donations will not get the signing bonus done. It enables some fan events where Sara and Karo pick up some legit NIL bucks and that's great. But in order to quit getting beat on the upfront stuff we need big, deep pocketed donors.

Earl I know you've said local money bags are reluctant to buy unproven hs recruits no matter how highly ranked. But that's what a good development director overcomes. We need one.

I think this is all about to change anyway. Between the NCAA's proposal for a super league with official player pymts from the institutions and the lawsuit challenging how collective funds are distributed, some clear lines should at least be drawn. Not sure the current wild west of college free agency, esp in football, is sustainable.

I will repeat AGAIN, if you truly want the Lady Vols to be able to get the recruits they need to be successful, instead of complaining, criticizing or blathering about it on social media and fan boards, give generously and often to the Lady Vol Boost-her Club!

I donate thousands every year. That stopped this year. Until we have new leadership I’m done.

You have enough money to subscribe to Volnation, you should have enough disposable income to contribute the LVBHC. Numerous small contributions do make a difference!

Quoting a national championship coach also goes to the stance …get the leadership right the rest takes care of itself. Do you ask a lady how much she weighs or your neighbor how much they make?

Reactions: Knoxvol14
I'm not asking the details... but, I think your non-answer is telling.

How many of you 'experts' and 'fans':

1) Have attended games this year. If so, how many?
2) Have season tickets. If so, how many?
3) Donate to the LVBHC?

I'll hang up and listen.

Who said I didn’t? Just not sure one has to discuss how one spends their time and money with a complete stranger.

Many (most?) have more important things to do with our (my!!) hard earned money than line the pockets of college athletes who are getting a free college education. Nobody wants to say it but that is the truth.

Have you seen the money Power 5 schools make from TV contracts? Memorabilia sales? The money is there to put money in the pockets of the athletes but it certainly doesn’t have to come from the blue collar fans. We are paying through the nose already and it is just going to get worse. See season tickets prices for the baseball team for proof.

1) Have attended games this year. If so, how many? (I've been to all home games & Huntsville)
2) Have season tickets. If so, how many? (I have 19, including courtside seats)
3) Donate to the LVBHC? (I do personally and professionally)

I'll hang up and listen.
There it is! Super Fan humble brag.

No to one question. I’ll let you decide which one.

1) Have attended games this year. If so, how many?
2) Have season tickets. If so, how many?
3) Donate to the LVBHC?

I'll hang up and listen.

I donated to LVBHC up until this season. I have also purchased thousands in individual gear and items supporting the players NIL opportunities. Least they could do is play hard for the fans but even that has stopped.

I do not attend games because I live across the country. It’s silly of you to expect people to continue to pay to see a poor product. Supporting a sports team is often conditional. If the product isn’t fun to watch, people tune out. That’s how the fans signal it’s time for a change.

We have a coaching problem and its very apparent this season. Rickea is unlikely to be the lone savior and it’s absurd to expect her to be so, especially coming off an injury. It’s a lot like when Rae was out and the team struggled. Everyone acted like her return would magically solve it all but she was never close to 100% the rest of that season. Thankfully our schedule wasn’t as idiotic that season. It’s going to be a long row to hoe for this team to make the NCAA tournament even with a 100% Jackson.

Last edited:
I'm of the "if you win it, they will come" mindset with regards to moneyed interest in the Lady Vols program. With that said, if the structure of the women's side of the university's NIL program is a hindrance, that's also something Danny White needs to address ASAP.

All 3 also have an exciting product and connection to the fans. Winning solved all of it.
Winning plus connections. I don't think she has any connections they have to get money for players. Until she or we get someone who can do what they are doing Lady Vols basketball is going nowhere. Both Heupel and Vitello started strong in the very beginning and now have the winning resume to make it even better. Barnes was already established when NIL began. Kellie may have already waited to late to get herself established cause she is not going to win enough with the group she has now. Just not enough talent. Even if she somehow survives this season 2025 better be some kind of elite recruiting class or it is over for sure.

I'm of the "if you win it, they will come" mindset with regards to moneyed interest in the Lady Vols program
It's hard to win big games without big time players. And can't get those players without the big wins, which in turn brings the fans back. Viscous cycle. Was supposed to be able to break the cycle and get some big wins now that she has an actual big time player, but instead KJH is cursed by the stars.
Winning plus connections. I don't think she has any connections they have to get money for players. Until she or we get someone who can do what they are doing Lady Vols basketball is going nowhere. Both Heupel and Vitello started strong in the very beginning and now have the winning resume to make it even better. Barnes was already established when NIL began. Kellie may have already waited to late to get herself established cause she is not going to win enough with the group she has now. Just not enough talent. Even if she somehow survives this season 2025 better be some kind of elite recruiting class or it is over for sure.
I don't think the universities and coaches can have a direct hand in NIL. But I'm sure the mens' staffs make sure strong structures outside the uni are in place. I think the Lady Vol collective needs a big time development director with professional training in that area.

I don’t want to know how much a particular player is receiving but would like to know how much the various collectives are giving out at our and other universities. I guess I am just a nosey body.
The problem existed before NIL was a thing

Other schools with almost no support and NIL are recruiting far better than we are.

As has been cited before, we know every South Carolina player is added to an existing NIL deal that gives each participant 25,000 dollars in exchance for their rights. That is factual. We know this because South Carolina has, through channels, made that publicly known. Repeatedly. There are articles written about it. Almost as if they want people to know it's a thing.

What's that, you say? You've never heard of a similar deal for Tennessee's players?

View attachment 601108

And just to be clear, I do not in any way hold that against anyone. I don't blame the BHC, I don't blame the sponsors, I don't blame anyone who is or has been a supporter of the program. No one should be under an obligation or burden to be Mr. Moneybags for this stuff.

I'm only pointing out that we do, in fact, know some facts.
The SC players do not give up any of their NL rights, that is factual.

VN Store

Back