Face it, we still don't know if we are good or bad.

SEC play starts vs. Florida. We left at least 20 points on the field vs. BG and Pitt each. Scored and shutout a really bad team by close to 60 points. In the meantime, Florida loses by 2 to Bama. The Battered Vol in me says we are in for yet another bad day in the swamp. Am I right? Or could these first three games be enough to get some kinks out. If for some reason we do pull it out there, and win - will it be a "signature win" for Heupel? Is Bama down this year? Their defense gave up a LOT.

Let me clear it up for you, we are awful.

Reactions: goldvol
We are not awful, we got room for improvement but we play hard. Our defense did all everything it was supposed to do today. You can say it's tech blah blah but when you pitch a shutout you are doing something right. Our offense needs to get cooper back and our OL needs to get all it's people back in their natural positions. We are much better when Cooper is at center and Carvin can go back to his natural spot. But I am glad we got to play a ton of people, we scored 56 points we did what we were supposed too. We still got a ton to improve on but alot of positives too. Folks on here either look at all the good our all the bad. We have had both in all 3 games but we have fought all the 3 games and as long as we do that we can get better. GBO!!!!!!

I don’t think Heupel is very interested in getting Bailey reps. He didn’t recruit him and he’s not the ideal qb for his offense.

Unfortunately Bailey would probably be better off transferring to a school where he will be valued.

I think it is a sorry move and has already turned me against Huepel.

There is good news, bad news and the worst news.

There is plenty of room for improvement.

Let’s keep improving and take our shots. Gamble to win. I like our chances.

We drove down yesterday and are going to enjoy the beach this week, then head on over to Gainesville on Saturday.
Swamp Stomping:

When I get what I want there’s gonna be a gator stomp.

Reactions: ptcarter and Freak
I think you are right. This team hasn’t played anywhere close to its best football.

We are exactly where we should be. We are beating the teams we should beat and losing to the teams we were supposed to lose to at the margins we’re supposed to lose to them.

I don’t know what everyone expected or why they expected it, but you don’t have the level of attrition we had last year AND a staff change and go from bottom of the SEC to perennial powerhouse.

This staff has to coach guys up, recruit better guys, coach them up, and then after a couple years of proving to get the most out of talent we can start recruiting like UT should and competing at a higher level.

Next year, it’s likely we win 7 or 8. This year, 6 wins has always been a stretch,
Not really sure what your expectations are, but in my opinion pitt and tennessee football shouldn't even be in the same conversation, so in that sense, we are bad. Florida will hammer UT.

Not really sure what your expectations are, but in my opinion pitt and tennessee football shouldn't even be in the same conversation, so in that sense, we are bad. Florida will hammer UT.

Care to point to me why you believe Pitt and TN shouldn’t be in the same conversation?

SEC play starts vs. Florida. We left at least 20 points on the field vs. BG and Pitt each. Scored and shutout a really bad team by close to 60 points. In the meantime, Florida loses by 2 to Bama. The Battered Vol in me says we are in for yet another bad day in the swamp. Am I right? Or could these first three games be enough to get some kinks out. If for some reason we do pull it out there, and win - will it be a "signature win" for Heupel? Is Bama down this year? Their defense gave up a LOT.
Honestly I think we’re just eh this year. We weren’t supposed to be great or even good. We are what we are. We’re young, short on scholarship athletes, working with leftovers from other teams. We’re exactly what we were predicted to be. Let’s just hope we’re competitive this year, don’t get spanked by uga, Bama and Florida and maybe find a way to a bowl.

Yes, we actually do know. We are clearly a bad team. Our qbs can’t consistently make the passes, wrs drop issues, our offensive line can’t get push on one of the worst fcs teams, our Dline doesn’t get much pressure, and on and on. We are going to get destroyed by all the teams that matter. The game in the swamp will be ugly.

Probably right. I don’t know why coaches even have practices after fall camp… No way the players will improve.

Yea... we're not good. Pitt should have been a blowout. They suck. But TN sucking is as consistent as death and taxes. We now have an admin that is also committed to destroying the house Neyland built while tearing down our history and traditions as well. The dismantling of TN, brick by brick, is almost complete.

TN football is dead, May it R.I.P.

It's called "denial".

I think mediocre is the word you’re looking for

Bahahahaha! Would it be a signature win?? Too funny my man!! It would be the biggest miracle ever if coach JH took our vols into the swamp and came back with a win. I don’t think people actually realize the shape our program is truly in, we have lost half of 2 recruiting classes and they were the top half of those classes. This is coach of the year type stuff if he pulls it off, don’t think he will but if he did it would be a “signature win” throughout all Tennessee history

VN Store

Back