Face it, we still don't know if we are good or bad.

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
SEC play starts vs. Florida. We left at least 20 points on the field vs. BG and Pitt each. Scored and shutout a really bad team by close to 60 points. In the meantime, Florida loses by 2 to Bama. The Battered Vol in me says we are in for yet another bad day in the swamp. Am I right? Or could these first three games be enough to get some kinks out. If for some reason we do pull it out there, and win - will it be a "signature win" for Heupel? Is Bama down this year? Their defense gave up a LOT.

SEC play starts vs. Florida. We left at least 20 points on the field vs. BG and Pitt each. Scored and shutout a really bad team by close to 60 points. In the meantime, Florida loses by 2 to Bama. The Battered Vol in me says we are in for yet another bad day in the swamp. Am I right? Or could these first three games be enough to get some kinks out. If for some reason we do pull it out there, and win - will it be a "signature win" for Heupel? Is Bama down this year? Their defense gave up a LOT.
No. We are bad this year.

Yes we do know...some of us just don't want to face it.

We are exactly where we should be. We are beating the teams we should beat and losing to the teams we were supposed to lose to at the margins we’re supposed to lose to them.

I don’t know what everyone expected or why they expected it, but you don’t have the level of attrition we had last year AND a staff change and go from bottom of the SEC to perennial powerhouse.

This staff has to coach guys up, recruit better guys, coach them up, and then after a couple years of proving to get the most out of talent we can start recruiting like UT should and competing at a higher level.

Next year, it’s likely we win 7 or 8. This year, 6 wins has always been a stretch,

Yeah we know.

Yes, we actually do know. We are clearly a bad team. Our qbs can’t consistently make the passes, wrs drop issues, our offensive line can’t get push on one of the worst fcs teams, our Dline doesn’t get much pressure, and on and on. We are going to get destroyed by all the teams that matter. The game in the swamp will be ugly.

I'm pretty sure we aren't "good". It remains to be seen if we are "bad". I've thought this year was about being decent whatever that means. After 3 games, we are living up to that term.

Reactions: VOLNPA
The OP is right. We have basically had two scrimmages and one game against a decent team where we didn’t really execute to our ability. Florida is a measuring stick. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised by either a win or getting destroyed. We truly just do not know. But always always have hope. Out day wil come again. It would be nice if it were next Saturday

We are awful at almost every position that matters we will be lucky to finish better than 4-8. Once SEC starts play next week we are in for a long and rough ride till the South Alabama game.

Reactions: Pickle1
We are not a good team. 6 wins was always gonna be our absolute ceiling this year. Florida UGA Ole Miss and Bama is gonna curb stomp us but maybe just maybe we will get better as the season goes. We can beat USC Jr Mizzou and Vandy. I think we have a chance at Ky too.

The OP is right. We have basically had two scrimmages and one game against a decent team where we didn’t really execute to our ability. Florida is a measuring stick. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised by either a win or getting destroyed. We truly just do not know. But always always have hope. Out day wil come again. It would be nice if it were next Saturday
. We lost to a crappy Pittsburg team that lost to Western Michigan today we are a bad team.

Yes we do know. We are a really bad football team. We will get destroyed by UF, Bama, UGA, and OM. We have 71 scholarship players right now. We will be lucky to win 4 more games.

We don’t have a good QB. Overrated WRs. Overrated OL and a subpar D. The days where a head coach at TN is judged by their success against UF, UGA and Bama are long gone. Now a TN coach is judged on how they do against UK, SC and Vandy.

VN Store

Back