Expectations for BJ Edwards?

Zeigler is a true PG. BJ Edwards is a CG. What aren't you understanding about that?

If we whiff on Collins (not likely) I promise you we will sign another PG. They aren't going to rely on ZZ as the start and BJ as the backup.
What if I disagree with your assessment and believe Edwards is a proven PG? Would that be understandable? How are you able to PROMISE stuff? You more important than you show on this board?

What if I disagree with your assessment and believe Edwards is a proven PG? Would that be understandable? How are you able to PROMISE stuff? You more important than you show on this board?

No. It tells me you have no idea what you're talking about and don't understand where Barnes and staff want Edwards.

We are bringing in a transfer PG for a reason. We played Vescovi at PG because we had to. We will play Edwards at PG if we have to. That's not the plan though.

No. It tells me you have no idea what you're talking about and don't understand where Barnes and staff want Edwards.

We are bringing in a transfer PG for a reason. We played Vescovi at PG because we had to. We will play Edwards at PG if we have to. That's not the plan though.
Sounds like an opinion. Are you presenting yourself as an insider close to Barnes?

It seems like BJE has been described as much more of a PG than most of the recent combo guards. Bailey. Powell. Vescovi. Springer. Johnson. JJJ. Bowden. Darrington. Daniel. Punter. Maybe even Turner. Perhaps only Bone, ZZ, KC, and Kwe Parker were more true PGs than BJE is expected to be. It’s a long way away, but IMO BJE could be THE primary PG in his senior year. Earlier if ZZ transfers before his senior year (But ZZ might LOVE us as much as we love him. He could be a multi-generational, all time favorite at TN).

Reactions: butchna
Sounds like an opinion. Are you presenting yourself as an insider close to Barnes?
No I’m presenting myself as someone with common sense who can read between the lines. You act like this is some ludicrous take when it is shared by many people close to the program.

The staff doesn’t want to start ZZ. That’s why we are pursuing a transfer PG and we will sign one. BJ Edwards is highly thought of by the staff. As a combo guard. Bailey and Vescovi were also CGs.

It seems like BJE has been described as much more of a PG than most of the recent combo guards. Bailey. Powell. Vescovi. Springer. Johnson. JJJ. Bowden. Darrington. Daniel. Punter. Maybe even Turner. Perhaps only Bone, ZZ, KC, and Kwe Parker were more true PGs than BJE is expected to be. It’s a long way away, but IMO BJE could be THE primary PG in his senior year. Earlier if ZZ transfers before his senior year (But ZZ might LOVE us as much as we love him. He could be a multi-generational, all time favorite at TN).
He certainly could. That’s not where he projects right now. I personally wouldn’t want any of those CGs running the point primarily otherwise it’s a miss in recruiting a true PG IMO.

But yes, **** happens, and unfortunately when it does you end up with 2019 and 2020 team PG troubles. Even with Turner running it before the injury in 2019 it was still going to be a struggle.

No I’m presenting myself as someone with common sense who can read between the lines. You act like this is some ludicrous take when it is shared by many people close to the program.

The staff doesn’t want to start ZZ. That’s why we are pursuing a transfer PG and we will sign one. BJ Edwards is highly thought of by the staff. As a combo guard. Bailey and Vescovi were also CGs.
How do you KNOW it’s “shared by many people close to the program.”? I think you’re dispensing a quarter ton of hot air whilst between those lines. They ALREADY STARTED ZZ last season alongside Chandler…to some pretty decent results. READING that? TWO POINT GUARDS were on the floor at the same time! Plenty of minutes to be had even if ANOTHER point guard joins the mix.

He certainly could. That’s not where he projects right now. I personally wouldn’t want any of those CGs running the point primarily otherwise it’s a miss in recruiting a true PG IMO.

But yes, **** happens, and unfortunately when it does you end up with 2019 and 2020 team PG troubles. Even with Turner running it before the injury in 2019 it was still going to be a struggle.
Cuz Turner was a CG…or straight up shooting guard with some handle skills. Totally different player than Edwards.

How do you KNOW it’s “shared by many people close to the program.”? I think you’re dispensing a quarter ton of hot air whilst between those lines. They ALREADY STARTED ZZ last season alongside Chandler…to some pretty decent results. READING that? TWO POINT GUARDS were on the floor at the same time! Plenty of minutes to be had even if ANOTHER point guard joins the mix.
Lol.

With the current roster, I would project at least 15 minutes per game. With transfer portal, remains to be seen what our roster looks like come fall 2022. He can play both guard spots so there are minutes to be had even with possible incoming transfers.
I agree. Unless something changes with a proven playmaker in the portal, I see him getting 15 minutes per game primarily at the 2 with ZZZ playing point alongside Yuri and Yuri playing some two when they are on the court together. Vescovi gets a lot of minutes at the 3 where I thought he was vey good last year and JJJ gets a lot of minutes at the 4. This gets our best players on the court imo.

If we get Collins and Key, Edwards might not play anything other than mop up duty.

If Edwards makes free throws he could be important to have on the court late in games with a couple of possessions lead. KC struggling with his free throws for a long stretch sure was a head scratcher.

Zakai started one game, at Alabama, I believe, which Chandler missed with Covid.

VN Store

Back