Expectations for BJ Edwards?

I hope he has some of Chandler's skills at driving to the basket. Going to need that skill next season. KC bailed the O out many times when they were in their infamous slumps with his penetrating skills.

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
His ability to play Defense and decent jump shot could get him good minutes as back up pg or 2 guard. Depends who else is added and their experience level.

A lot of y’all are severely underrating this kid. Balled out in the playoffs with a fractured foot. Had 44 pts, 22 rebounds in 2 games. Won the AAU matchup vs Mikey. Won a state championship against Kennedy Chandler’s squad and had a better game numbers wise.

By no means am I saying he’s a shoe in for the NBA but I’d be surprised if he had 0 impact year 1. He’s a competitor.

I'm just hoping Coach Barnes allows the kid to play through his mistakes during the season. Gets a bit old watching him yank a kid over a turnover or a failed defensive assignment.
Yeah! Enough of that coaching BS

With the current roster, I would project at least 15 minutes per game. With transfer portal, remains to be seen what our roster looks like come fall 2022. He can play both guard spots so there are minutes to be had even with possible incoming transfers.

Bring in a Collins and he probably gets less than 12 minutes a game unless he just shows up in practice and is elite. You don't know for sure until they get on campus.

Reactions: walkenvol
Even if Bj contributes a lot or not next season, he will have a pretty good 3-4 year career at Tennessee. He will be a joy to watch for many years to come.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
Uhh, if BJE ends up a 1AD player, no one...and I mean, literally, no one...saw it coming. He'd have to have a Ja Morant level impact immediately to even consider it.
He’s playing with us, Chris. Clearly trying to fan the flames and laughing all the while.

Reactions: cncchris33
Nah. Unless your definition of a ton is about what Powell or Mashack played this year.

But yes he will spend most of his time at the 2.
No ton as in a major portion. You did get the memo that Chandler declared and hired an agent? Who else are you giving minutes handling the ball?

No ton as in a major portion. You did get the memo that Chandler declared and hired an agent? Who else are you giving minutes handling the ball?
Bud. We are getting Yuri Collins for a reason. BJ Edwards will primarily be a 2 guard here.

Bud. We are getting Yuri Collins for a reason. BJ Edwards will primarily be a 2 guard here.
We reportedly lead for Yuri, BUD…long way from “will”. How much time did you guarantee for Ziegler before last season?

We reportedly lead for Yuri, BUD…long way from “will”. How much time did you guarantee for Ziegler before last season?
Zeigler is a true PG. BJ Edwards is a CG. What aren't you understanding about that?

If we whiff on Collins (not likely) I promise you we will sign another PG. They aren't going to rely on ZZ as the start and BJ as the backup.

VN Store

Back