Expectations for BJ Edwards?

I’m liking the possibilities. I hope he’s a TN senior in 2025-26. No expectations in 2022-23. It would be a great role spelling one of the PGs in (or about to enter) the portal this coming season. Hopefully he’ll get a lot of quality minutes playing alongside ZZ in a similar lineup as with KC and ZZ. Actually I want to see the dual point guards on the court together becoming a TN tradition.

Long term he will be a good player. I doubt he makes much of an impact as a freshman, though.

Edwards has a lot of skills. Can play defense and a crafty scorer. I wouldn’t sleep on him this upcoming year. Also, he is a very hard worker.

Reactions: Golf freak
I'm really not sure what to expect. Do you guys think there's any shot he goes one and done by some miracle?
Uhh, if BJE ends up a 1AD player, no one...and I mean, literally, no one...saw it coming. He'd have to have a Ja Morant level impact immediately to even consider it.

One and done, damnit ! Nah, a solid 4 or 5 year dude, that improves every year. If he gets enough playing time his freshman year, I will give you updated expectations, probably good ones

I hope he can have a role similar to what ZZ did last year, maybe a slightly lesser role.

I'm really not sure what to expect. Do you guys think there's any shot he goes one and done by some miracle?
With KC leaving ZZ is going to need a back up pg. the rest of the guys on the team except vescovi can really be a consistent pg imo.
Problem is Vescovi is a much better 2 guard spot up shooter.. I think Edwards can get a lot of minutes this year unless Tn gets a pg in the portal.

Reactions: spyfish007
Expectation is that we get a vet PG and Edwards is brought along slowly. Hope is that he turns out to be our Mateen Cleaves....without the personal issues. Don't know why, but when I see his tape, it kinda reminds me of Cleaves.

BJ knew where he was going and did not do the maneuvering to be a 5*. He did not leave his HS to go to a BB academy. etc. Over his 4 years here in KTown and with Maze he has faced up some of the best talent going into college BB. A bunch of one and done players etc. The thing about it is he was always the best player on the court or one of the top2 on the court. Expect nothing less than what KC, Springer, Johnson brought to the court.

BJ knew where he was going and did not do the maneuvering to be a 5*. He did not leave his HS to go to a BB academy. etc. Over his 4 years here in KTown and with Maze he has faced up some of the best talent going into college BB. A bunch of one and done players etc. The thing about it is he was always the best player on the court or one of the top2 on the court. Expect nothing less than what KC, Springer, Johnson brought to the court.
For real? Although there is a pretty big gap between KC and the other 2, I’d take him being at the low end of that group in a heartbeat

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Either way this thread will be a fun bump this time next year. I expect him to contribute next season.

For real? Although there is a pretty big gap between KC and the other 2, I’d take him being at the low end of that group in a heartbeat
BJ on the court matched up well vs KC in HS ball and AAU. Most will say he was the best player on the court when he faced up KC's teams over the years. Same with Springer and Johnson. Are any of the three past players true one and done and ready for the NBA, NO! They did get drafted and paid and more power to them. We just endured Brandon Xavier Huntley-Hatfield and his quest for the NBA and even though nobody questions his potential many do question if if the process ruined the kid as far as playing college BB. Because he was a 5* everyone questioned did Barnes do right by him. HH has a chip on his shoulder and believes Barnes and TN cost him millions of $$. What a bunch of manure. In football Guarantano was the #1 Dual Threat QB so it was everybody's fault he did not preform at a higher level at UT? That kid was not a SEC or Power 5 level athlete anyway a dominant college player at any Div I level. But his recruiting service resume said he was. BJ will be alright

I see him being a steady contributor like Bone was. He won’t be as electrifying as Chandler but he will be a key player for us by season’s end imo

Bj has showed up against the best of the best all through his high school career. If i can recall, he out played KC in the state championship a few years ago & balled out against a loaded IMG team. He will contribute a lot before the season is over. Remember, nobody thought ZZ would even play.

VN Store

Back