ESPN the lost Network

I'm not going to try to convince you. You can believe night is day as far as I'm concerned.

For you to post Kaepernick started a protest by taking a knee during the national anthem and wearing pig socks to represent the police. Then turn around and say it bothered the right and they added politics is rich.

Dude was fighting to be the lead face of an NFL franchise. It's possible that he knew he was on the outs so he just decided to become a distraction instead and didn't give a damn.

I'm not even sure the guy was even motivated to play. Now that he has capitalized on his SJW movement he definitely is not motivated.

My question is exactly what is the guy doing with his platform? Please tell us all.

He wore pig socks? Okay, doesn't matter. You're reaching a bit on the "he knew he was out so he made a distraction."

The guy used his platform perfectly because here we are years later discussing it. Owners and fans saying shut up and play...but if I remember correctly, it's those saying they are disrespecting freedom (the fight for) but yet want these athletes to not voice their opinions sounds a little hypocritical.

Well, you did get "Marxists" and "wrong" in the same sentence so maybe some partial credit. Apparently you've never visited a Marxist paradise like Cuba, or you forget that eventually every Marxist paradise collapses because it doesn't work, but there sure was plenty of Marxist misery while they tried. Marxist governments are always totalitarian - right in line with the best of the fascist world - if the left didn't hold claim to definitions, you could actually claim that Marxist governments are fascist.

You can make that claim because they're not true Marxist but rather totalitarian. They are indeed not fascists

29 of the 32 NFL teams sold out every game last season and TV ratings, after a slight dip in 2018, went back to near record levels last year.

Really? Last year, in a pre-covid world, every Monday morning like clockwork drudgereport had pics of virtually empty stadiums all around the NFL asking what the heck. I find it strange there have been all these photos and stories about nearly empty stadiums in the NFL for several years now and you're saying 29 of 32 teams sold out every game last season??? It must be the biggest fake news story ever lol.

Weak Seven: Empty Seats Outnumber Fans in Several NFL Stadiums

NFL Attendance: The Truth - Whole Nine Sports

Really? Last year, in a pre-covid world, every Monday morning like clockwork drudgereport had pics of virtually empty stadiums all around the NFL asking what the heck. I find it strange there have been all these photos and stories about nearly empty stadiums in the NFL for several years now and you're saying 29 of 32 teams sold out every game last season??? It must be the biggest fake news story ever lol.

Weak Seven: Empty Seats Outnumber Fans in Several NFL Stadiums

NFL Attendance: The Truth - Whole Nine Sports

It's that funny math. You know where in many cases you feel forced to buy the tickets or brokers buy them. Then at game time they can't even almost give them away for $5 and $10 so they become unused collectors items.

They had also gotten further away from the SJW stuff after Kaepernick had caused division in the league several years earlier.

Reactions: CR-vol
o_O

Seriously? What the hell has been going on at ESPN?
They have been hijacked by far left antifa/BLM types. They are pretty much CNN with a sprinkle of sports mixed in. I have made this comparison before, when MTV only played music they were great then they wanted to get into producing stupid 30 minute shows, when ESPN talked or showed only sports around the clock they were great but then they wanted to be woke social justice warriors.

Or it's proof you're just kinda butthurt that they are having and promoting opinions you don't agree with. I don't believe for a second those of you bellyaching about this would be saying a damn word if they were pushing opinions you agreed with, you'd be the ones talking about how it's their right to say what they are saying.

All this is about what it's always been about, the perspective you're looking at it from.
This is similar to the Kaep thing to me. I don’t agree with Kaep kneeling during the anthem. I do agree he had every right to do so. I also agree that the NFL owners had every right to say they want no part of Kaep. In this instance, I don’t agree with some of the messages being stated on ESPN and other shows. They can say them all they like though and I get to choose whether or not it bothers me enough to stop watching.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Many of those “unimportant bits” you refer to are the same areas of the country that were furious about the abolition of slavery, the Civil Rights Movement, educational integration and so on. I remember the contempt for the sanitation workers strike in Memphis, and the march at Selma. “How dare they leave trash in the streets.”, “How dare they block a public bridge”. I remember how many people refused to watch Walter Kronkite and CBS based on their coverage, and editorial opinions regarding civil rights. “If he’s going to interrupt the news with this nonsense, I just won’t watch it”. That seems absurd in retrospect. Saban and Pruitt marched with their players. Coaches support protest. It’s cynical to say the sole reason is economic. They do so because they know the kids and their families and see their suffering. I don’t think Herbstreit was putting on a show. I think he sits beside black friends and colleagues and athletes all day every day. He’s sick of seeing them suffer too. The whole concept of a protest is that it has to be an imposition, or it won’t work. It’s not new to athletics either. Jim Brown, Muhammad Ali, Tommie Smith and John Carlos all took much stronger and controversial stands than Kaepernick, or Herbstreit. I’m sorry it makes you shift around in your recliner, and think about things you don’t want to think about, but that is exactly what it’s designed to do.
Of course protests are designed to upset the order but what’s going on in cities like Portland is beyond that with crimes ranging from vandalism to assault and even murder. That’s not protesting. That’s rioting.

Of course protests are designed to upset the order but what’s going on in cities like Portland is beyond that with crimes ranging from vandalism to assault and even murder. That’s not protesting. That’s rioting.
I don’t think you’re going to find anyone defending the rioting, but I don’t know how that’s related to what I said.

You guys really overestimate how much people care if you don’t continue to watch sports. For example, sports video games manufacturers have been alienating their group of fans for over a decade now, simply aiming to attract the younger generations into a world dedicated to ultimate team and micro transactions, leading the old generation who enjoyed career mode to lose interest completely. People have been boycotting madden, fifa, etc for years now, but these companies are still doing more than fine. People can boycott sports as long as they want, but espn or any other network isn’t stupid for choosing to focus on retaining their younger liberal demographic than an older conservative audience.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I don’t think you’re going to find anyone defending the rioting, but I don’t know how that’s related to what I said.
Not to mention that Dems and MSM have been defending it for months. The fact they’ve changed over to finally speaking out against some of it now doesn’t change the past few months.

You guys really overestimate how much people care if you don’t continue to watch sports. For example, sports video games manufacturers have been alienating their group of fans for over a decade now, simply aiming to attract the younger generations into a world dedicated to ultimate team and micro transactions, leading the old generation who enjoyed career mode to lose interest completely. People have been boycotting madden, fifa, etc for years now, but these companies are still doing more than fine. People can boycott sports as long as they want, but espn or any other network isn’t stupid for choosing to focus on retaining their younger liberal demographic than an older conservative audience.

So they're courting a broke generation who doesn't attend the events and is known for cord cutting versus one has money to spend amd does go to events? Part of the get woke and go broke business plan?

Aww look at all the snowflakes melting. For a bunch who complain about others crying you all sure are whining like little kids over ESPN and what they choose to produce. Don't like it don't watch.

VN Store

Back