ESPN Gameday . . . what a joke

So, what is your point?

I'm not going to boycott the show, that isn't going to change anything. I will still watch them talk college football, I will just be upset they passed over some of the best games.

I would just like to see HIGHLIGHTS of the game. We got to see ND's crappy game over and over. a mention of vols win Ainge get 270 yards is all. I was hoping to see the run and the td pass, NOTHING. SEC football nation showed the swain td. Was all I got to see.
We know espn hates UT but not to show any highlights of UT. p!$$ on them.

I have already stopped watching Gameday. They are all morons. Maybe if the whole SEC quits watching them they will get new people, which have at least half as much brains of a fish

I have already stopped watching Gameday. They are all morons. Maybe if the whole SEC quits watching them they will get new people, which have at least half as much brains of a fish

I respectfully disagree with you, but if you want to get your message across, I think you definitely have the right idea.

i can't understand why someone gets upset about something that's NOT said, NOT broadcasted, etc. being thin-skinned about something being said about UT is one thing, but a deep desire for affirmative love from ESPN is just plain goofy.

You know as well as I do that they could care less if you're upset as long as you tune in and watch the Home Depot commercials.

They could care less if any Vols fan from Ohio is not watching their show. Enough other people watch it all around the country.

You don't think were aware Auburn LSU would be a better game than USC and Nebraska. I am sure they know they aren't making people happy, but will do it because they can.

No complaints here, just my guesses for the Gameday locations in the month of October:

10/7 Oregon vs. Cal Berkely, CA
10/14 Michigan vs. Penn State State College, PA
10/21 BC vs Fl. State Tallahassee, FL
10/28 UGA vs. UF Jacksonville, FL (but don't be surprised if they show up in Colorado Springs for USAFA vs. BYU).

Sadly, I just spent a minute of two trying to figure out what ASAFA was. :shakehead:

LOL!

It's kind of ironic that as much as many UT fans complain about ESPN they sure do get in a snit about where the gameday crew parks its bus. Obviously there is going to be a focus on games that are being shown on ESPN or ABC. To the extent that Gameday can help drive ratings up for the ABC Saturday night game that is where they will be. Also, I think people who are locked into the SEC have no appreciation for immensity of the fanbases that other schools have. There's hardly anwhere in America that you can go and not see an Ohio State sticker, a person in a Michigan hat, or some dude in a Penn State sweatshirt. On the other hand, the next person I see wearing an Auburn shirt in Santa Fe, NM or an Ole Miss hat in Seattle will be the first. We southerners love our CFB. We build huge stadiums, show up for games in droves, and tend to get really excited about it. But none of that changes the fact that there are a heck of a lot more people living in each of the Northeast, mid-West and west coast that there are in the South. They've just got us beat in the numbers game and that's what the advertisers are keyed into. So, if you want more SEC publicity/exposure on national television about the only thing I can imgaine you can do is start having babies like crazy so we can become the most populous region of the U.S.A.

There won't be any other top 25 matchup, as Arizona State will drop from the Top 25.

The original poster who complained should really do some research before complaining. The Ohio State @ Iowa game is the ONLY choice.

I don't think anyone questions the decision to go to the OSU-Iowa game next weekend. However, I do find it questionable that this is the third trip to an OSU game. ESPN could have looked ahead to see that next week was going to be a little bare in high-profile matchups and gone somewhere else in prior weeks.

And if you people don't think that ESPN/media coverage drives the polls to some degree, I've got some beachfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

One word about ESPN Game Day......BORING! I mean yesterday's show was 2 hours of crap! Yeah, I like to hear about college football but they kept re-hashing the same old stuff the 2 hours. The story they had about Chris Leak and his WRs....give me a break he is the most overrated QB in the Nation(ex. VS. Kentucky last night) But that was the only story about the SEC.

Please pay attention. If you will notice, I said that there will be some good games down the road like our game against GA or LSU. Those will be big games. Nowhere did I say that those games were this coming weekend. So before you run your mouth and make a fool of yourself you might want to read a post twice so you can figure out what it is actually saying.:glare:
And, when ESPN skips those games for Tosu vs. OUDBD, then you can say something. Until then, your comments are baseless.

Our points exactly. If we point out the inconsistency, some posters say they have to go to the highest ranked games, but look at our Week 1 and also Week 3 where AU/LSU were passed up (as well as UT/Fla). There's certainly some legitimacy to the criticisms.
Except that UT has the esteemed privilege of hosting the second most college gameday filmings in the nation...

College GameDay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

has a list of all the locations gameday has been at since 93. i tried to count how many times they have been to a game involving sec teams but i lost interest.
Okay lazybones. It looks like ESPN College Gameday has appeared at an SEC school 35 times, 7 of which were in Knoxville (the most recent being UT-AU 2004). Gameday has appeared at 6 bowl game locations where an SEC team was playing and they broacast from the 2004 SEC championship game.

Okay lazybones. It looks like ESPN College Gameday has appeared at an SEC school 35 times, 7 of which were in Knoxville (the most recent being UT-AU 2004). Gameday has appeared at 6 bowl game locations where an SEC team was playing and they broacast from the 2004 SEC championship game.

thanks for doing the work for me. all this typing is making me tired.:)

Who cares about gameday. Let them keep going to these crappy games and see who cares.

They are staying far away from SEC country though, anyone else noticed that???

VN Store

Back