ESPN Gameday . . . what a joke

SCSmokey

Looks like they are going to the 3rd Ohio State game next wknd when they go to the OSU/Iowa game. I know Herby's an OSU guy, but this lovefest with OSU is getting ridiculous. I'm not sure how many other good games are next wknd, but there's Bama at UF. Surely ESPN can at least feign an interest in the SEC at some point this season . . . :moon2:

I looked at the schedule that is like the only game between ranked teams next week.

Are we going to have a thread bashing ESPN every single week over their apparent disregard for the SEC? SEC teams have hosted Gameday as much or more than any other teams since Gameday started going on the road...Florida vs. Alabama is not a big game! Bama just lost to Arkansas. They are not ranked. Iowa is the 14th ranked team in the country. They are Ohio States last road block to an undefeated season until they face Michigan at year end. That is probably the rationale behind choosing Ohio State.

Get over it!

I wonder if they will visit one of our future games like GA or LSU. Those are big games. Of course one of those weekends I think OSU plays the Ohio School for the Deaf and Blind so it might be a toss up.

I wonder if they will visit one of our future games like GA or LSU. Those are big games. Of course one of those weekends I think OSU plays the Ohio School for the Deaf and Blind so it might be a toss up.
Apparently you have failed to even look at the national schedule this week. This is the only top 15 matchup of the week. The only other top 25 matchup is Oregon vs. Arizona St. What game would you rather Gameday work this saturday?
#15 UT-Memphis?
#2 Auburn-SC?
#9 UGA-Ole Miss?

At least do a little bit of investigating before posting something like this. #1 Ohio State vs. #14 Iowa, is not exactly Tosu playing the school for the deaf and blind.

How soon I forget that their is a little truth to any insult that actually stings...Chris Fowler might have been more right than he could have imagined.

There won't be any other top 25 matchup, as Arizona State will drop from the Top 25.

The original poster who complained should really do some research before complaining. The Ohio State @ Iowa game is the ONLY choice.

I don't think a post about ESPN requires "research." No question OSU/Iowa will be the two highest ranked teams this week, but since when is that the criteria they use? Otherwise, would've been at LSU/Auburn last wknd. My post was not intended to be a specific complaint about about OSU/Iowa selection as it was a general observation about the overall selections they make. Why were they at OSU this wknd may be a better question? There were certainly some alternatives; they will have covered OSU now 3 times in 4 weeks. Seems like they ESPN hones in on a few teams, and have a love fest on them. I was actually surprised they didn't go to ND/Mich St. this wknd.

Apparently you have failed to even look at the national schedule this week. This is the only top 15 matchup of the week. The only other top 25 matchup is Oregon vs. Arizona St. What game would you rather Gameday work this saturday?
#15 UT-Memphis?
#2 Auburn-SC?
#9 UGA-Ole Miss?

At least do a little bit of investigating before posting something like this. #1 Ohio State vs. #14 Iowa, is not exactly Tosu playing the school for the deaf and blind.

How soon I forget that their is a little truth to any insult that actually stings...Chris Fowler might have been more right than he could have imagined.

Please pay attention. If you will notice, I said that there will be some good games down the road like our game against GA or LSU. Those will be big games. Nowhere did I say that those games were this coming weekend. So before you run your mouth and make a fool of yourself you might want to read a post twice so you can figure out what it is actually saying.:glare:

Yesterday at least showed that Herbstreit can do the Gameday show then go to his Saturday Night ABC game location... granted East Lansing and Columbus aren't that far apart.

Don't remind me of that game... This is how I see the next week unfoldig: Starting off with Notre Dame barely getting by a mediocre Michigan State team, ESPN dubs it as what will be easily the best regular season game this year, and Brady Quinn undeservedly jumps right back to the top of the Heisman race. Navy, Stanford, UCLA, whoever else, if you're out there... PLEASE BEAT NOTRE DAME.

It goes one step farther than that... I read on another board where Lou Holtz was saying Notre Dame is now on its way to the national championship... :wacko:

It goes one step farther than that... I read on another board where Lou Holtz was saying Notre Dame is now on its way to the national championship... :wacko:

. . . .now, the only question is who will win the BCS title game: Notre Dame or Cal?

Can we please stop crying about ESPN's perceived unfair treatment of the SEC.

It gets old...

Did you people not learn fromthe Florida week? They don't choose the location until Sunday night/Monday morning and then announce it on Tuesday. You're assuming it will be OSU vs Iowa because it makes the most sense, but it actually hasn't even been decided yet.

Corso proclaimed last night that Cal is also right back in the NC race... But, the Cal game raises an interesting point, because we got passed up on opening weekend with the only top 25 matchup other than ND GT (which got MAJOR overhype by ESPN) and our game was even on ESPN!

Corso proclaimed last night that Cal is also right back in the NC race... But, the Cal game raises an interesting point, because we got passed up on opening weekend with the only top 25 matchup other than ND GT (which got MAJOR overhype by ESPN) and our game was even on ESPN!
Our points exactly. If we point out the inconsistency, some posters say they have to go to the highest ranked games, but look at our Week 1 and also Week 3 where AU/LSU were passed up (as well as UT/Fla). There's certainly some legitimacy to the criticisms.

Corso's just sticking to his guns, picking Cal vs. West Virginia. He kind of had a smirk on his face when saying Cal was still in the national title hunt, all it will take is a game even half as bad as what they played in Knoxville, and they lose.

In two weeks they @#$%*** better being in the SEC for Tennessee Georgia or Florida Auburn. Those may be the only 2 games between ranked teams, and if they pass it up, I will be furious, barring losses by a team in each game this coming week.

No, but I will still be angry, and will laugh when they skipped two close games for some sleeper that no one will care about a week later.

VN Store

Back