Eric McKnight appeal denied

Too bad McKnight was denied by the SEC. UT could have definitely use his experience and presence in the post. McGhee, Carmichael, Owens and Armani will be the frontcourt. Although small and inexperienced, this is what we got. Great opportunity for the new bigs......more playing time!

Too bad McKnight was denied by the SEC. UT could have definitely use his experience and presence in the post. McGhee, Carmichael, Owens and Armani will be the frontcourt. Although small and inexperienced, this is what we got. Great opportunity for the new bigs......more playing time!

Great opportunity for Reese to get the playing time he has been wanting too. Hopefully he embraces the role and can get the mean-on he needs to play the 5.

If he truly didn't then he didn't do his due diligence on the kid that's for sure, but I'm guessing he knew.

But it seems like if Tyndall was going to lie, it would only make sense to say he knew when he didn't. Saying he didn't know, regardless of the truth, just makes him look like he didn't do his homework on the guy.

Didn't Pearl have a 6'10" 250lb big man named Major Wingate his first year?

And Andre Patterson as a senior PF. However, Ryan Childress was the non-ideal backup for both as a true freshman. In Pearl's second year, though, Major got kicked out of school, so Chism and Duke Crews were our only post players as undersized true freshman (other than Childress, whose PT dwindled). Dane Bradshaw played a lot of post that year.

Great opportunity for Reese to get the playing time he has been wanting too. Hopefully he embraces the role and can get the mean-on he needs to play the 5.

You're right. Forgot about Reese. Such a quiet dude.....even on the court. Of course I've just seen him in a couple of pick-up games.

Ouch that's rough. We're gonna throw some freshmen in the fire this season. May as well be now in this rebuilding year.

I'm not 100% on what's out there because I had kinda quit looking, but if there's a solid transfer who has to sit out a year we may give a look. As you said this years likely pretty much lost, wouldn't be a bad idea to bring in an impact guy who would have to sit out a year but could at least practice and workout.

Jmo

I'm not 100% on what's out there because I had kinda quit looking, but if there's a solid transfer who has to sit out a year we may give a look. As you said this years likely pretty much lost, wouldn't be a bad idea to bring in an impact guy who would have to sit out a year but could at least practice and workout.

Jmo

Sure. Not a bad a idea at all.

And Andre Patterson as a senior PF. However, Ryan Childress was the non-ideal backup for both as a true freshman. In Pearl's second year, though, Major got kicked out of school, so Chism and Duke Crews were our only post players as undersized true freshman (other than Childress, whose PT dwindled). Dane Bradshaw played a lot of post that year.

Right, but I see a lot of "Pearl played small ball and was successful at it", insinuating that Tyndall could do the same.

Year 1 he had Patterson and Wingate down low, Wingate listed at 6'10" 250lbs, and Patterson at 6'7" 217lbs.

Year 2 he had Chism and Crews, big Wayne was listed at 6'8" 230lbs, Crews at 6'7" 230lbs and even Childress who was 6'9" 235lbs.

We have Tariq Owens who's 6'10" 175lbs, Willie Carmichael who's listed at 6'8" 210lbs and Jabari McGhee who's listed at 6'8" 210lbs. Both of the guys have admitted to those numbers being a bit embellished and actually being closer to 200lbs or less.

Sounds like CDT didn't vet this prospect. Obviously SEC had issues they couldn't get past.

Jmo
And my opinion is the big lumbering center is a liability in Tennessee's new system and must be quick enough to get out of the way of those attacking the basket. You seldom see a basketball team go more than 9 or 10 deep so saying the basketball season is lost is totally ludicrous IMO when we have 12.

And my opinion is the big lumbering center is a liability in Tennessee's new system and must be quick enough to get out of the way of those attacking the basket. You seldom see a basketball team go more than 9 or 10 deep so saying the basketball season is lost is totally ludicrous IMO when we have 12.

McKnight isn't a big lumbering center, This is a big blow to our team. Because now besides Reese all our post players are freshmen who probably aren't physically ready to play in the sec yet. I'm not saying they're not talented or won't be good players but they will go through a lot of growing pains this year and we will probably get destroyed on the inside several times this year.

remember we pick up full court then drop to a zone. It's not as if teams will be able to walk it up, clear it out and post up a dominant 6'11 player in a one on one matchup against Reese.
How many SEC teams slow it down and have dominant halfcourt big men? Honest question.
We are going to play more above the rim than we did the last couple of years from the 4 and 5 anyway, with or without McNight. Would've been nice for a couple of those pick and roll toss it up oop's, but he's not coming so no sense in worrying about it.

Reactions: 2 people

Jmo
This guy was available late in the game, until snatched up by a school out west today. Had UT ties :
Cornell University Athletics - Dwight Tarwater - 2013-14 Men's Basketball

Reactions: 1 person

Who's our bigs?

Tobe okafor would be one I'd be interested in has offers from auburn and cincy 6"11" 225

remember we pick up full court then drop to a zone. It's not as if teams will be able to walk it up, clear it out and post up a dominant 6'11 player in a one on one matchup against Reese.
How many SEC teams slow it down and have dominant halfcourt big men? Honest question.
We are going to play more above the rim than we did the last couple of years from the 4 and 5 anyway, with or without McNight. Would've been nice for a couple of those pick and roll toss it up oop's, but he's not coming so no sense in worrying about it.

Can you name a successful high major to run with bigs sub 200lbs, I can't.

Someone will be able to slow you down, take care of the ball, and just play volleyball against you off the boards...much like Stokes did last year.

VN Store

Back