Eric McKnight appeal denied

They better hope Owens can step up. If he can't be a defensive presence with his weight issues we are in trouble.

So is it that he can't come here at all or that he can't enroll until the Spring?

Graduate transfers with disciplinary problems must seek a waiver from the SEC office. The ruling panel is made up of representatives from member institutions.

Undergraduate transfers DO NOT have to seek a waiver for disiplinary problems.

I don't know if there is precedent or not. And I would be interested to see who was on the panel that declined his waiver.

So if he'd only been to one previous school the disciplinary issues would not have been an issue?

Doesn't the fact that he overcame issues to get a degree mean anything?

Total horseshat.

Reactions: 1 person
Graduate transfers with disciplinary problems must seek a waiver from the SEC office. The ruling panel is made up of representatives from member institutions.

Undergraduate transfers DO NOT have to seek a waiver for disiplinary problems.

I don't know if there is precedent or not. And I would be interested to see who was on the panel that declined his waiver.

kevinstallings.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I smell some small ball coming to an arena near you. Pearl won with that style early in his Tennessee coaching tenure, so it's not completely unheard of, but I'm not sure we have near that shooting ability and talent at PG.

Exactly cncchris33. We won't beat UK and UF with small ball but we can have a shot at beating everybody else in the league next year at least at home or on a neutral court. Our 1-3 positions are pretty stacked if Mostella is eligible and those positions are still above average if he's not. Man, I wish we had P. Cofer right about now. Our 4/5 positions are incredibly weak. Worst since I've been a UT fan (2001) but that sometimes happens after a major coaching change and Tyndall will have to correct it via recruiting this year. Even Pearl had Major Wingate to work with.

McKnight is not a big loss at all. He averaged less than 7 points at Florida Gulf Coast. He was going to do squat here.

Exactly cncchris33. We won't beat UK and UF with small ball but we can have a shot at beating everybody else in the league next year at least at home or on a neutral court. Our 1-3 positions are pretty stacked if Mostella is eligible and those positions are still above average if he's not. Man, I wish we had P. Cofer right about now. Our 4/5 positions are incredibly weak. Worst since I've been a UT fan (2001) but that sometimes happens after a major coaching change and Tyndall will have to correct it via recruiting this year. Even Pearl had Major Wingate to work with.

McKnight is not a big loss at all. He averaged less than 7 points at Florida Gulf Coast. He was going to do squat here.

With our lack of depth and experience in the post, I don't think we can minimize even a pedestrian impact from McKnight. 7 pts, 7 rebs, & 5 fouls would have been huge for this team.

We have Owens, McGhee, Carmichael, Reese, and Armani Moore to man 80 minutes. That's three freshmen with no experience and two upperclassman playing out of position.

I agree that we can win playing small ball, but McKnight is a key loss too IMO.

Ouch that's rough. We're gonna throw some freshmen in the fire this season. May as well be now in this rebuilding year.

So now we have 2 scholarships available right?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

With our lack of depth and experience in the post, I don't think we can minimize even a pedestrian impact from McKnight. 7 pts, 7 rebs, & 5 fouls would have been huge for this team.

We have Owens, McGhee, Carmichael, Reese, and Armani Moore to man 80 minutes. That's three freshmen with no experience and two upperclassman playing out of position.

I agree that we can win playing small ball, but McKnight is a key loss too IMO.

I think you could now see Richardson playing some four depending on match ups. He is stronger than some of the freshmen.

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred
Eric McKnight on SEC denying his graduate transfer waiver: "I think it's pretty messed up and it put me a (little) behind." #Vols

VN Store

Back