Enough with the "We are back" talk

We are not back until we beat someone. And we all know Iowa does not count.

Yeah! Why the hell is anybody thinking positively on this board after a bowl win for the first time since '07 and 2 straight top 5 recruiting classes?

Hit a nerve? :p

Did I say anything incorrect? There is an awful lot of telling people to go cheer for another team on here any time something that isn't 100% positive is mentioned.

Yeah... You have me figured out...you've strayed from the 100% positivity requirement us Big Brother Sunshine Pumpers have unfairly foisted...let's compromise and give me 20%... Once a month. :)

Reactions: 1 person
The same posters with these wild expectations will be the ones telling all of us that we're still a year away after the 1st loss.

If you say 7-5 in Feb you're a negavol. If you say the team is a 9-3 team in Sept., you don't understand the process. It's quite the roller-coaster ride on here.

You managed to split the middle...all I've heard is 8+ wins or start shopping for a new head coach...sounds practically tropical. :)

Yes. Yes you did.

Seems like somewhere over the last decade or so, people have forgotten that you can in fact have great hopes and dreams for the future without slicing your wrists if they don't pan out that way. I guess it's easier now days to not dream at all and tag it as I'm just being realistic.

Whatever group you just described is the one I want to join! Negavols have managed to call anyone not demanding 9 wins Negavols, while other Negavols say anyone predicting 8+ wins are also Negavols...helluva strategy!...kinda like The Battle of The Bulge. :loco:

Whatever group you just described is the one I want to join! Negavols have managed to call anyone not demanding 9 wins Negavols, while other Negavols say anyone predicting 8+ wins are also Negavols...helluva strategy!...kinda like The Battle of The Bulge. :loco:

That battle should have never been fought. It was unrealistic to expect those soldiers to hold out against the German divisions that were launched against them. :)

That battle should have never been fought. It was unrealistic to expect those soldiers to hold out against the German divisions that were launched against them. :)

They weren't realistic...that Anthony McAuliffe was a regular Butch Jones! :yess:

Yes. Yes you did.

Seems like somewhere over the last decade or so, people have forgotten that you can in fact have great hopes and dreams for the future without slicing your wrists if they don't pan out that way. I guess it's easier now days to not dream at all and tag it as I'm just being realistic.

Not enough likes in the world for this post. :clapping:

I think this team is back, or well on its way, and we're going to see the results this fall and in the future.

And yeah, there will be some head-banging screw-ups, but these are NOT the Vols that we've suffered with (and through) the last few years.

GO VOLS!!! By gum.

sunshinepump.gif

Last edited:
Did Butch get an Oscar nomination for recruiting?
Is getting a 3rd top 5 recruiting class enough to say the Vol's are back?
If the Vol's finish 9-3 this year are they back?
Questions and more Questions?

Recruiting is strong. On the field? Still A LOT to prove. Starts with the OL. That one group could make or break 2015.

Look, I don't fancy myself as a negavol, but the sunshine pumping on this side of the site is unbearable. To read some of your posts, you would think that the Vols will compete for the NC next year. All I'm saying is slow your roll and calm down your expectations. If you have been a Tennessee fan for as long as I have, and most of you have been, you know Tennessee football has the remarkable tendency to let us down. That's all I'm saying. So stop linking stupid CF articles from journalists just trying to rack up hits to show their editors. Like I said, we will only be back when we beat someone, and not a moment before.

OP is dishing out some, "don't step out into the unknown, don't be forward-thinking, don't believe anything but what you've already seen" kind of advice. Some people who ignored that kind of advice:

Jackie Robinson
Christopher Columbus
Buddy Holly
NASA, in the 1960s
Alexander the Great
Rosa Parks
Edmund Hillary & Tenzing Norgay
Nelson Mandela
Albert Einstein
Hannibal

Feel free to ignore the OP. You'll be in good company. There's more to the future than just looking in the past.

i-see-stupid-people.jpg

VN Store

Back