Enough with the "We are back" talk

OP you have to have a season going to beat someone. lol

We are back and this upcoming season will prove it. just not a lot to prove in the off season except practice, time in the film room, and weight training.

You serious, Clark? I had no idea that gator nation despised anyone more than the Zooker! :whistling:

On the field, Muschamp had three teams with a worse record than any of Zook's teams. And they weren't just worse by record, the were worse from the eye test too. Zook never put a team on the field that inept as a unit on the offensive or defensive side of the ball as the offense was under Muschamp.

On the recruiting trail, Zook leaves Muschamp in the dust. It's not close.

People forget, but Zook beat some very good teams and he did it at least once each season.

Under Muschamp, we didn't beat anyone any good except one season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I'm mad at myself for opening this thread. Is there any originality out there?:banghead2:

And 99Gator, you are the only Gator that I have any respect for that I can think of at the moment.:good!:

Last edited:
On the field, Muschamp had three teams with a worse record than any of Zook's teams. And they weren't just worse by record, the were worse from the eye test too. Zook never put a team on the field that inept as a unit on the offensive or defensive side of the ball as the offense was under Muschamp.

On the recruiting trail, Zook leaves Muschamp in the dust. It's not close.

People forget, but Zook beat some very good teams and he did it at least once each season.

Under Muschamp, we didn't beat anyone any good except one season.

Well, 99, you have enlightened me. Now...do we UT fans hate Kiffin or Dooley more? Inquiring minds want to to know. :huh:

we are a much better team with Dobbs at QB.. No telling what our record would be if he had played at the beginning of the season. Would've def beaten uf.

Pumper: Hey, that cat is Orange

Nega: No, that cat is green

Pumper: Well, the cat is orange, you just refuse to see the cat as orange because all you see is a green cat

Nega: Thats because the cat is green.

Pumper: Well, the cat is orange and I don't care if you say the cat is green, its still orange to me. If you would just let the cat be orange, the better off the cat will be. The more you talk about the cat being green the more the cat will remain green and never ever will be orange because of you and the rest of the people trying to tell us the cat isn't orange

Nega: Its green... The lenses on your glasses are orange

Pumper:You're dumb

Reactions: 6 people
I don't think "back" is a particularly definitive term. Does one mean "back" in the sense that we should probably be taken seriously by any team on our schedule? That Tennessee is a name with some buzz around it again? Those arguments could probably be made. However, it is really hard to just drop "We're back." out there until we actually get around to winning some important games.

I've thought all along it was 2016 before we would really be back to where we wanted to be but I've got nothing against an accelerated schedule if the team's up for it.

Reactions: 2 people
Personnally, I think people should be excited.

I understand the sentiment from the original post. I don't think Tennessee is ready for the mountain top either.

However, it's the most reason Tennessee fans have had to feel good (real reason, not Kiffin bluster BS) in who knows how long.

So, people should be excited.

And then, after the Florida game, the board can go back to its regularly scheduled programming.

:)

I say the first of this in jest but you better believe all the rest.

Some of us welcome you here to our place, even if you have a giant lizzard face.

Even though your swamp smells like a sewer, know that soon your Wins over us will become fewer and fewer.

You've had your days of winning too many, but starting next season those days against us end, on that you can bet a bright new penny.

Next season we come to play in your place, when we leave, there will be tears running down your fans face.

Your days of winning against our Vols are coming to a end, on this my friend you can surely depend.

Your D will be good but ours will be BEAST, at the end the score will show your big lizzards will have the least.

We hope you'll come again and visit us soon, but after we drain your swamp your fans can howl at the moon.

You've had a nice streak and you've enjoyed your ride, our streak starts next season and we'll carry it with pride.

Now we'll leave you thinking of our song, because next season your swamp will hear "Rocky Top" all day long.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

PS...You may reply back to this on my thread where I list the reasons and explain the logic of why next season we WIN against your big lizzards. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Pumper: Well, the cat is orange, you just refuse to see the cat as orange because all you see is a green cat

Pumper: Well, the cat is orange and I don't care if you say the cat is green, its still orange to me. If you would just let the cat be orange, the better off the cat will be. The more you talk about the cat being green the more the cat will remain green and never ever will be orange because of you and the rest of the people trying to tell us the cat isn't orange

:lolabove::lolabove:

The only change I would consider making is the last line. When pumpers get backed into a corner they always say, "Go cheer for (Bama, UGA, or UF).

I'm not sure how you'd use that in your example...maybe, "Go get a dog."

I'm sure pumpers will laugh at you, but darn good post.

Been rough for you...huh lil champion? :sad:

:lolabove::lolabove:

The only change I would consider making is the last line. When pumpers get backed into a corner they always say, "Go cheer for (Bama, UGA, or UF).

I'm not sure how you'd use that in your example...maybe, "Go get a dog."

Feels like I've crashed a support group for people that want to be miserable. :crazy:

Feels like I've crashed a support group for people that want to be miserable. :crazy:

Yes. Yes you did.

Seems like somewhere over the last decade or so, people have forgotten that you can in fact have great hopes and dreams for the future without slicing your wrists if they don't pan out that way. I guess it's easier now days to not dream at all and tag it as I'm just being realistic.

Reactions: 4 people
Been rough for you...huh lil champion? :sad:

Hit a nerve? :p

Did I say anything incorrect? There is an awful lot of telling people to go cheer for another team on here any time something that isn't 100% positive is mentioned.

I suppose there are a few at the fringe that might meet that description but most people that I've seen that lean towards more moderate* expectations are a hell of a lot less miserable than those who have wild expectations that aren't met.

Merely an observation.

*By "moderate" I mean "Realistic under rational observation.". Those expectations can actually be pretty high if the situation genuinely warrants they be.

Reactions: 1 person
I suppose there are a few at the fringe that might meet that description but most people that I've seen that lean towards more moderate* expectations are a hell of a lot less miserable than those who have wild expectations that aren't met.

Merely an observation.

*By "moderate" I mean "Realistic under rational observation.". Those expectations can actually be pretty high if the situation genuinely warrants they be.

The same posters with these wild expectations will be the ones telling all of us that we're still a year away after the 1st loss.

If you say 7-5 in Feb you're a negavol. If you say the team is a 9-3 team in Sept., you don't understand the process. It's quite the roller-coaster ride on here.

VN Store

Back