Enough Cooper Mays please

Fine, I was probably a little harsh in my OP about Cooper. Like I said, I like Coop and I appreciate all that he has done, but I was honestly just really triggered after hearing VQ and AP talk about Cooper being the most important player for the 500th time and seeing other posters parroting those comments. I just have very little tolerance for stupidity and it honestly just made me really mad. The point still stands, when does the center do anything but block. From the way that posters here talk, it seems like Cooper is out there calling the protections, and I'm sure sooooo many of you have played football :/, so how you would even know? I actually did play in a competitive flag football league. And since all of you internet bullies have been dumping on my flag football league, the league had two ex D1 players and an ex CFL player in the league. And we even had an LFL player (it was coed). So the competition was legit and we had plays, practices, etc. So not, it's not some YMCA league like some other posted noted.

Like I said, I love Coop, but Joe is my man. He wasn't good at the start of the year and I had given up on him, but he has proved me and everyone else here wrong. I don't know why the VQ guys like AP aren't willing to give credit where credit is due. To say that Coop was the critical piece? It makes my blood boil, I honestly get so mad every time I hear it.

Remember how stalled out the O was when Lane was center and screwing up that job? You don't see Milton's uptick coinciding with Cooper's return ?? Do you also realize that a center also scans the line for defensive scheming and the line audibles to itself as they are getting set. What do you think all that pointing is for before they set for the snap?? You really think Cooper isn't the integral part in the smoothness of the O since returning.

Competitive flag football is two ribbons away from touch football. Lot's of similarities to full-on Merican pad football.

Prob should have just ate your lunch in the corner rather than coming back with that last post trying for redemption.

Fine, I was probably a little harsh in my OP about Cooper. Like I said, I like Coop and I appreciate all that he has done, but I was honestly just really triggered after hearing VQ and AP talk about Cooper being the most important player for the 500th time and seeing other posters parroting those comments. I just have very little tolerance for stupidity and it honestly just made me really mad. The point still stands, when does the center do anything but block. From the way that posters here talk, it seems like Cooper is out there calling the protections, and I'm sure sooooo many of you have played football :/, so how you would even know? I actually did play in a competitive flag football league. And since all of you internet bullies have been dumping on my flag football league, the league had two ex D1 players and an ex CFL player in the league. And we even had an LFL player (it was coed). So the competition was legit and we had plays, practices, etc. So not, it's not some YMCA league like some other posted noted.

Like I said, I love Coop, but Joe is my man. He wasn't good at the start of the year and I had given up on him, but he has proved me and everyone else here wrong. I don't know why the VQ guys like AP aren't willing to give credit where credit is due. To say that Coop was the critical piece? It makes my blood boil, I honestly get so mad every time I hear it.
It’s interesting that you were complaining about Milton early in the year and campaigning for Gaston to replace him. Also were wanting Jancek to get more snaps at wr after Bru went down. You’re a pretty obvious troll.

Oh and Coop was the critical piece behind the success of this team.

Coop is/was the critical piece.
Coop really is the best. Critical piece of the Oline and offense in general. A distinguished gentleman to boot. I’ve heard he’s even quite the snazzy dresser and Milton routinely hits him up for fashion advice.

Reactions: GordonC
unbelievably stupid take
not much else to be said but that.

Nah F it im gonna say more. It makes me super annoyed seeing all these people constantly chiming in trashing players without understanding the game. Trashing a Nose Tackle for not having a lot of stats (his job is to eat blocks so the guy behind him makes plays), Complaining about how a cover corner is not a good tackler, blaming a QB for drops or bad routes run or calling a pick when a 400lb guy is falling on you was a bad throw, or how they don't understand the guy that calls protections has a huge effect on how the offense runs.

Plays go bad and they just blame whoever was closest to the ball because they don't understand there is a lot more that goes into a play than that final second it does not go your way. How is it people that who have watched the game for years know nothing about it? Or is that the answer itself? Most of these people complaining are not actually really watching games.

This may be the ice coldest take in history of Vol Nation.🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

I wonder if you would feel this way if remembered the 2002 snap exchanges snafus between Center and Casey Clausen. And the year of James Stone to Tyler Bray. Center is handles the ball more than the QB and has someone ready to bull doze him and he typically calls out protection based off what the defense shows.

Cooper Mays, Cooper Mays, for some weird reason people cannot stop talking about Cooper Mays. Was listing to a VQ pod and they were talking about Cooper being a main reason that the offense has looked better. I see so many unintelligent posts claiming that Cooper is the most important player on the team. I like Coop and appreciate all he has done, but he's a center and trying to give him all the credit is shortchanging the guys who deserve the credit. Let me repeat, HE IS A CENTER!. Milton and Wright have been playing terrific lately and they are the reason that we look different the last few weeks. Again, I like Cooper, but he's just a center, his job is to snap and block. I even played center on two teams just because no one else on the team wanted to. The QB would make all the calls and all I had to do was snap the ball and run my route (it was a league where the center is an eligible receiver). My role was nowhere near the role of the QB, and that would be even more magnified in the SEC. So please give credit where credit is due and stop with the dumb statements about a center being the savior for our team, I don't want to hear it from anyone else.
Wow. Back to RF, no intelligent life in here.

I hate that I’m so late to this thread…7 pages in. All the good insults are taken, and I don’t want to be redundant.

Seriously though. Horrible take. Like, the worst one ever. Nothing the OP says should be taken seriously until there is a complete retraction and a blood sacrifice.

Cooper Mays, Cooper Mays, for some weird reason people cannot stop talking about Cooper Mays. Was listing to a VQ pod and they were talking about Cooper being a main reason that the offense has looked better. I see so many unintelligent posts claiming that Cooper is the most important player on the team. I like Coop and appreciate all he has done, but he's a center and trying to give him all the credit is shortchanging the guys who deserve the credit. Let me repeat, HE IS A CENTER!. Milton and Wright have been playing terrific lately and they are the reason that we look different the last few weeks. Again, I like Cooper, but he's just a center, his job is to snap and block. I even played center on two teams just because no one else on the team wanted to. The QB would make all the calls and all I had to do was snap the ball and run my route (it was a league where the center is an eligible receiver). My role was nowhere near the role of the QB, and that would be even more magnified in the SEC. So please give credit where credit is due and stop with the dumb statements about a center being the savior for our team, I don't want to hear it from anyone else.
Snap the ball and block is NOT all Cooper Mays does. If you think that you got no ideal about football.

Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017
Coop might not be the most important player on the team but he’s the straw that stirs the drink. Like you said Milton is playing better now. Do you think just maybe that might have something to do with the return of Cooper Mayes.

I remember my first game.

#youwinstupidpostofthedayaward

Troll. New poster. Clearly never played a down of football before. Probably thinks football is a low iq sport. Probably drinks battery acid mixed with Mountain Dew for pleasure.

Remember how stalled out the O was when Lane was center and screwing up that job? You don't see Milton's uptick coinciding with Cooper's return ?? Do you also realize that a center also scans the line for defensive scheming and the line audibles to itself as they are getting set. What do you think all that pointing is for before they set for the snap?? You really think Cooper isn't the integral part in the smoothness of the O since returning.

Competitive flag football is two ribbons away from touch football. Lot's of similarities to full-on Merican pad football.

Prob should have just ate your lunch in the corner rather than coming back with that last post trying for redemption.
When did I say that Cooper wasn't playing well or that he wasn't important? He's doing a good job at doing what he's supposed to do. If this is such a bad take, then why does the NFL not value the C position that much? And how would I know what Coop is pointing at before the snap? He's probably pointing at who he is going to block?

Again, I never said that he wasn't playing well. But dumb opinions make me mad and what VQ has been saying is similar to what people say about Brock Bowers being the most important player for UGA. It's the stupid takes that people who just parrot the talking heads have. They have no idea how football actually works. Why was Denver so good after Peyton went there? How did TB win a super bowl with Brady? It's the QBs job to run the team.

And for the millionth time, I like Cooper and I think he has done a good job. I have nothing against Cooper, I just get mad at the uninformed takes make it seem like he's the one that makes the engine go.

I know everyone thinks this thread is stupid including myself. However, this is why I love Volnation! It allows a space for everyone, no matter how dumb they are, to publish the stupid thoughts in their head for the entertainment of others!
Ah yes, the silver lining.

Reactions: Adam2014
When did I say that Cooper wasn't playing well or that he wasn't important? He's doing a good job at doing what he's supposed to do. If this is such a bad take, then why does the NFL not value the C position that much? And how would I know what Coop is pointing at before the snap? He's probably pointing at who he is going to block?

Again, I never said that he wasn't playing well. But dumb opinions make me mad and what VQ has been saying is similar to what people say about Brock Bowers being the most important player for UGA. It's the stupid takes that people who just parrot the talking heads have. They have no idea how football actually works. Why was Denver so good after Peyton went there? How did TB win a super bowl with Brady? It's the QBs job to run the team.

And for the millionth time, I like Cooper and I think he has done a good job. I have nothing against Cooper, I just get mad at the uninformed takes make it seem like he's the one that makes the engine go.

1699475383670.png

Does your mom know you’re on the computer?

Sorta means a lot to get blocking assignments called correctly.

VN Store

Back