Enough Cooper Mays please

Fine, I was probably a little harsh in my OP about Cooper. Like I said, I like Coop and I appreciate all that he has done, but I was honestly just really triggered after hearing VQ and AP talk about Cooper being the most important player for the 500th time and seeing other posters parroting those comments. I just have very little tolerance for stupidity and it honestly just made me really mad. The point still stands, when does the center do anything but block. From the way that posters here talk, it seems like Cooper is out there calling the protections, and I'm sure sooooo many of you have played football :/, so how you would even know? I actually did play in a competitive flag football league. And since all of you internet bullies have been dumping on my flag football league, the league had two ex D1 players and an ex CFL player in the league. And we even had an LFL player (it was coed). So the competition was legit and we had plays, practices, etc. So not, it's not some YMCA league like some other posted noted.

Like I said, I love Coop, but Joe is my man. He wasn't good at the start of the year and I had given up on him, but he has proved me and everyone else here wrong. I don't know why the VQ guys like AP aren't willing to give credit where credit is due. To say that Coop was the critical piece? It makes my blood boil, I honestly get so mad every time I hear it.
I got it, you are Joes’ mom. All makes sense now.

@Freak why can’t we get a down vote or dislike button?

No it's not. Just because our fans say this doesn't mean it's not dumb. It's just like when people say that Brock Bowers might be the most important player for UGA, that's a dumb take too. He's a tight end. It's impossible for a tight end to be the most important player. Don't believe me? Look at the rankings of positional value The pyramid: A visual of John Dorsey's production

I am just sick and tired of Joe not getting his due credit. He was bad at the beginning of the season but he's balling now.
You are showing how ignorant you are about football. He’s just a center? He’s the freaking QB of the offensive line and it’s compounded by the fact we don’t have a backup and Ollie can’t snap and block and was either getting us behind the chains with the misses or holding penalties.

OP definitely showed their ignorance on this one.

Some people open their mouth and remove all doubt………. SMDH!

Cooper Mays, Cooper Mays, for some weird reason people cannot stop talking about Cooper Mays. Was listing to a VQ pod and they were talking about Cooper being a main reason that the offense has looked better. I see so many unintelligent posts claiming that Cooper is the most important player on the team. I like Coop and appreciate all he has done, but he's a center and trying to give him all the credit is shortchanging the guys who deserve the credit. Let me repeat, HE IS A CENTER!. Milton and Wright have been playing terrific lately and they are the reason that we look different the last few weeks. Again, I like Cooper, but he's just a center, his job is to snap and block. I even played center on two teams just because no one else on the team wanted to. The QB would make all the calls and all I had to do was snap the ball and run my route (it was a league where the center is an eligible receiver). My role was nowhere near the role of the QB, and that would be even more magnified in the SEC. So please give credit where credit is due and stop with the dumb statements about a center being the savior for our team, I don't want to hear it from anyone else.
Dude, just stop.

Are you really comparing your "assignment" in intramural football or whatever to Cooper's assignment at Tennessee?

SEC OL's run incredibly sophisticated schemes, and the center is responsible for directing all of it.

Your little comparison could not be more silly.

Edit: Just noticed this thread was 10 pages long. I assume all of this has been covered.... Just couldn't help myself when I saw this post.

Cooper Mays, Cooper Mays, for some weird reason people cannot stop talking about Cooper Mays. Was listing to a VQ pod and they were talking about Cooper being a main reason that the offense has looked better. I see so many unintelligent posts claiming that Cooper is the most important player on the team. I like Coop and appreciate all he has done, but he's a center and trying to give him all the credit is shortchanging the guys who deserve the credit. Let me repeat, HE IS A CENTER!. Milton and Wright have been playing terrific lately and they are the reason that we look different the last few weeks. Again, I like Cooper, but he's just a center, his job is to snap and block. I even played center on two teams just because no one else on the team wanted to. The QB would make all the calls and all I had to do was snap the ball and run my route (it was a league where the center is an eligible receiver). My role was nowhere near the role of the QB, and that would be even more magnified in the SEC. So please give credit where credit is due and stop with the dumb statements about a center being the savior for our team, I don't want to hear it from anyone else.
Sorry you don't understand football.

VN Store

Back