Emmanuel has Been Officially Released from His Letter of Intent

Memphis was his 4th and last visit. With Dozier announcing his return to Memphis today, that COULD help us. I hope we land him.

Memphis was his 4th and last visit. With Dozier announcing his return to Memphis today, that COULD help us. I hope we land him.

+1

I think thats the only reason Dozier even delayed this long. I think he was told to wait until the last minute to see if Memphis could get a LOI out of EN. He's not even a second rounder in next years draft IMO. The main reason I think this is because channel 3 had Robert Sallie on last night, and he commented on how Dozier had been calling him and trying to get him to come to Memphis. Yet, the coaches or none of the rest of the players knew if Dozier was coming back, yeah right.

Was today some kind of deadline for Dozier? Because if your theory is true, why wouldn't Dozier wait until after Negedu's decision to make his announcement?

Was today some kind of deadline for Dozier? Because if your theory is true, why wouldn't Dozier wait until after Negedu's decision to make his announcement?

today was the deadline for all prospects to get out of the draft and go back to school

IMO I don't think it was an accident that Negedu is waiting until after the NBA deadline to see what the Memphis player was going to do. If I'm not mistaken, he plays the same position as Negedu. Plus, Memphis signed two other Power Fowards who are ranked in the top 100 this year. Negedu may see that Memphis is going to be crowded, and he will want Playing Time. I hope he is coming here!

IMO I don't think it was an accident that Negedu is waiting until after the NBA deadline to see what the Memphis player was going to do. If I'm not mistaken, he plays the same position as Negedu. Plus, Memphis signed two other Power Fowards who are ranked in the top 100 this year. Negedu may see that Memphis is going to be crowded, and he will want Playing Time. I hope he is coming here!

Neither one of them have Negedu's ability. That probably wouldn't be a factor.

I agree with everything you have said here. I think he definitely will get more playing time here early on and that is going to be a huge factor. Although, I still think he is leaning towards Memphis (just a hunch based on interviews, etc.. I have seen). However, Never underestimate the power of CBP. The suspense is killing me.

i think this might have been discussed, but i dont remember. If Negedu commits to us, does he come for the RTL?

i think this might have been discussed, but i dont remember. If Negedu commits to us, does he come for the RTL?

Anyone wanting to play in the RTL has to get their name in before the RTL draft. There's no adding anyone on once the rosters are set, so no, it's too late for Negedu to participate.

welp, now with dozier staying, and witherspoon and garcia's signings, isn't it only sensible for "manny du" (my name for him regardless of where he decides to play) to come here? i mean yeah we have a plethora of big men too i guess with wayne, big baby, renaldo, and jurick. when you compare the situations between us and them, i would think he is at a disadvantage either way unless he really proves that he deserves more PT than the other guys. here he'd battle renaldo and jurick, and there he'd basically battle witherspoon and garcia (dozier is gonna get PT, thats just understood). I would think this just comes down to whichever program he and his family feel more comfortable and at home with, and being from memphis, i can't see him choosing memphis over knoxville for that. in reading dane bradshaw's book, you really get a sense that bruce pearl is an incredible father figure to the players. they go to him and he guides them like he would any of his own children. of course i have no evidence of whether cal is like that or not, but i would have to assume not considering the uhh "extracurricular" activities the players take part in at the plush and platinum facilities.......

ALL VOL baby! What an amazing job done by the staff to take him from Memphis and the coach who recruited him ever since he got to America. Nothing short of amazing!

simply amazing to me that this is actually happening at Tennessee

4 commits from the top 70 prospects

only other school that did that was UCLA

VN Store

Back