Emmanuel has Been Officially Released from His Letter of Intent

That's big news.

Looks like those rumors of Tennessee rounding out this class with a big man were true.

Emmanuel Negedu= Duke Crews Version 2.0

Quicker, more athleticism, more polished offensively, better high-low post passer, slightly better shot blocker and an absolute nuisance off the glass. Expect a signed commitment from Emmanuel in the coming week.

I'd say Duke's little baby hook is better than Negedu's.

Other than that, Negedu should step in and do more than fill the void left by Crews. This will be a major impact commitment for the Vols.

The University of Arizona has granted men's basketball signee Emmanuel Negedu a release from his letter of intent.
UA issued a statement of the release Tuesday morning.
On Sunday, Negedu said he wanted out of it, after visiting with UA head coach Lute Olson in the Boston area. He had been thinking about the decision for some time, perhaps the last three months after visiting UA during the latter part of the regular season.
Negedu, who signed in November and was recruited by former UA assistant Josh Pastner and Lute Olson, said the number of coaching changes and Olson's unexplained absence gave him doubts about the program. Olson has a completely new assistant coaching staff.
In the latest rankings, Negedu was rated No. 71 by Scout.com; he's rated No. 40 by Rivals.com.
Negedu, who was very outspoken over the weekend in an interview with the Citizen, did not return a message this morning.
Negedu, a 6-foot-7, 230-pound forward, is now free to be recruited by any college who wants him next fall.
He played last season at Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H.

There you go New Coach

Dylan, lol at your avatar. I went to their concert in K-town when Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, and Puddle of Mud were all preforming.

Emmanuel Negedu= Duke Crews Version 2.0

Quicker, more athleticism, more polished offensively, better high-low post passer, slightly better shot blocker and an absolute nuisance off the glass. Expect a signed commitment from Emmanuel in the coming week.

I hope that is true. What do you base this off of? Does Rob Lewis think this or was it something you have heard?

He will be a terrific player for us and will jump into the rotation for next year easily.

I've seen him play several times, and thought he was just what UA needed. Not an instant impact type guy, but a tough, physical, aggressive player that would be around 4 years

from another board

485630.jpg

great.

VIA, are we the front-runners for him?

If he does make it here how much will he help us next year?

He's good from anything inside the arc. He's fast, strong, etc - but not polished.

I actually think Memphis lands him.

VN Store

Back