Emmanuel has Been Officially Released from His Letter of Intent

simply amazing to me that this is actually happening at Tennessee

4 commits from the top 70 prospects

only other school that did that was UNC

Wanna know the scary part about that? Maze may be as good as Hopson and isn't one of those Top 70 players!

Very, Very nice pick up. He's physical, explosive, and he is a beast on defense. We were missing a presence like this last year. His rebounding ability gives Chism more freedom to shoot that jumper he likes so much. He also gives us the ability to go small against bigger/slower lineups and not loose much inside. I'm having dreams of Maze, Hopson, Tyler, EN, and Chism running teams off the court when they are in the game together.

Maze doesn't have anything close to Hopson's potential. Scotty might be a one or two years and done type of player.

Just passing along what I've heard and from some people who went and watched him play last night at the Rocky Top League. I didn't say anything about Hopson vs Maze potential.

What I meant is Maze is better than the 3 star ranking he gets from Rivals.

Great news!

What do ya'll think this does to our '09 recruiting class? Do you think it affects Kenny Hall at all? Or do you think we back off of any prospects now that we have another scholarship occupied? If so, who?

Great news!

What do ya'll think this does to our '09 recruiting class? Do you think it affects Kenny Hall at all? Or do you think we back off of any prospects now that we have another scholarship occupied? If so, who?

well we had Duke Crews when Kenny Hall committed, so don't see how that would affect him. Negedu is essentially Duke's replacement

still have Tyler Smith's scholly for next year... time to go after a top guard for the 09 class!

Off topic but have Crews and Ramar found new homes? I would rather have Negedu/West/Maze than Ramar and Duke.

It would be nice if Rivals would update their team rankings again this summer. I'm sure we would go up again.

yep

ROOM FOR CHANGE

With players like Emmanuel Negedu and Rashanti Harris still uncommitted, there will be some slight changes to the team rankings if and when the players make their decisions.

Negedu will consider Georgia Tech, Indiana, Memphis and Tennessee. Harris could potentially qualify, but it is not expected to make it. It has been reported that Memphis could be a player for the Mississippi big man.

Rivals.com will also update the rankings after the prospects enroll in college to reflect any academic causality that may occur.

Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting - UCLA tops team recruiting rankings

WEre gonna have a strong big man lineup.. we could possible go 5 deep at the four and five spots with T. SMith, Chism, Negedu, B. Williams, and Wooldridge.. maybe 6 if Childress steps up

im guessing Jurik is gonna redshirt.. he just doesnt seem ready quite yet

VN Store

Back