Embarrassing

Peeked into the Black and Gold Purdue forum, and came across the thread, "Playing Tennessee." It was super embarrassing to see, as usual, one or more Vols fans just shaming our fanbase.

You don't barge into someone else's home and presume to tell them their furniture is the wrong brand, how to raise their kids, and their dog is a mutt instead of a pedigree breed. We have a board here, likely the finest fan board in the country, no need to register on someone else's board. Nor post stuff that give a semblance of credibility that Tennessee fans are buck-toothed, dimwitted, classless, and worse. It was embarrassing to see Vols fans who feel the need to go to other college forums just to post arrogant statements. Or provoke arguments, which often end up in their access being removed. I visit opponent forums from time to time, but only lurk, just to see their perceptions of themselves and us. I never register, nor post. It's their home, they can say and believe whatever they want. I don't live there and don't want to, a shame some of our fans feel, think, and act differently about that.
Evidence please?

Reactions: Iam4utalways
Who cares about the Purdue boards or any other boards? I don't know why the OP or anyone else cares what other boards think about Tennessee.

If you are truly embarrassed about unknown UT fans posting over there, then you take this stuff way too seriously.

Peeked into the Black and Gold Purdue forum, and came across the thread, "Playing Tennessee." It was super embarrassing to see, as usual, one or more Vols fans just shaming our fanbase.

You don't barge into someone else's home and presume to tell them their furniture is the wrong brand, how to raise their kids, and their dog is a mutt instead of a pedigree breed. We have a board here, likely the finest fan board in the country, no need to register on someone else's board. Nor post stuff that give a semblance of credibility that Tennessee fans are buck-toothed, dimwitted, classless, and worse. It was embarrassing to see Vols fans who feel the need to go to other college forums just to post arrogant statements. Or provoke arguments, which often end up in their access being removed. I visit opponent forums from time to time, but only lurk, just to see their perceptions of themselves and us. I never register, nor post. It's their home, they can say and believe whatever they want. I don't live there and don't want to, a shame some of our fans feel, think, and act differently about that.
It will be a long time before this sort of thing is no longer a thing. The privileged with the same mentality are just as bad. Some of them will chime in on here with cleaner asinine things to say. It isn't just our fan base, however. You get some pretty classless NFL fans too... but we certainly aren't any better.

Not to disagree with you. In your own home, you can pretty much as you see fit, well, more or less. You can decide to have prime rib roast for breakfast, and buttermilk pancakes topped with powdered sugar and over easy eggs on top for dinner. But when you go to someone else's home, you don't presume to decide what they have for breakfast and dinner.

I agree 100% with you and I may not have been clear. We have people on this board that presume to tell us what our fandom should look like as well.

Sometimes anonymity breeds a false bravery but is just as classless and ignorant here as it is on other boards.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
I've often wondered if those yokels that post arrogant, argumentative, and classless statements are that way in real life or does the anonymity of the internet bring out their idiocy.
Just as it is with texting and other social media they are most often just keyboard warriors whom when confronted in person don’t have the same tenacity or thoughts. The anonymity of social media gives courage to people whom in other instances wouldn’t say a thing

The world has turned into a cess pool. Yes, it's embarrassing. I went to my first game in years at Neyland for the Georgia game. Paid over $250 bucks for 2 tix, parking, concessions (FV for the tix). Sat in a non-visitor section. The 4 drunk Georgia punks that sat right next to us completely ruined the game. They never shut up trash talking the Vols program. I wasn't expecting a win but could have still enjoyed the experience. I'll save my money, time and enjoy the games in HD from now on. I'm not naive to think our fans are better than anybody else. It's always the bad ones that get noticed and talked about.

Reactions: rltw1974
Not to suggest two wrongs make a right, or excusing any boorish behavior, because we should all agree that it's embarrassing to see.... but I do remember a Purdue jackwagon talking trash before and after our 2019 Sweet 16 game thread in the basketball forum. You don't see many posters banned on here, but that clown was.

Basically, everybody has an a$$hole (or two!).
Exactly.Every fan base has it's fair share of idiots.

At a time of suffering, pain, and loss given the severe weather last night, you would think folks would be kind and supportive. But no, haters just hate. Agree, VOLS are a classy group and don’t need to be jerks on opponents websites. We will gain a lot more credibility by taking the high road. Go Vols! And prayers for all who are hurting this morning.

Is there a Make fun of Purdue thread yet?

I do all the time. I have a son that is a Purdue grad (another that is a IU grad; thank god I have a daughter that's a UT grad). There is a lot out of smack talk During basketball season. (IU v Purdue gets pretty nasty). They both like to remind me that the Stokely family are Hoosier's (Indianapolis)

Who cares about the Purdue boards or any other boards? I don't know why the OP or anyone else cares what other boards think about Tennessee.

If you are truly embarrassed about unknown UT fans posting over there, then you take this stuff way too seriously.
We recently threw trash at a game because of bad calls.
Opposing message boards is way down the list.

Reactions: vols 30
Before the 1979 Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl the Purdue student newspaper ran an article titled something like “Tennessee in OUR Bowl?”. They thought that they were special.

I'm of the opinion that there are two kinds of fans, those who share this poster's sentiments (mostly alumni), and the kind who trashed the field at the Ole Miss game (T-shirters and immature undergrads).

Its a free world. Its the internet. Who cares. For all you know, it could be imposters posing as UT fans. Jmo

Totally agree. And it's why I point out that most of the uga fans on this board do the exact things you describe.

I dont post on opposing boards. I rarely ever even lurk. I will never understand the need to go to an opponent's board make an @%% of yourself.
We do have a quality board though. Some fans from other teams may get more 8nteraction with our board than theirs.

I enjoy reading many of the Tennessee fans on this board. But Woody, they aren't all good people. There is nothing to stop the most stupid and mean people in the world from visiting message boards, until they are barred. That's just the way it is, but yeah, I agree with you and wish ugly fans would adopt some other team.

Glad I don't know where Purdue's web forums are, or where Purdue is for that matter. Its one of those flyover I states that no one can really point out on a map unless they are from there right?
Purdue University is in West Lafayette, Indiana. Lived in Frankfort Indiana for a little while, and took a drive up there. They have a very nice park there.

There are “dirty diaper babies” in every fan base. May not even be a Vol fan. Could be just a “**** stirrer” from another fan base.
OR, possibly a “**** stirring dirty diaper baby” Vols fan……… Hmmmmmm 🤔

I think the mentality it takes to go to opposing boards and talk trash (or even talk for that matter) stems from the same position some have here. Their identity or worth as a person is tied up in the Vols. That's why we see such sad, pathetic, woe is me, please feel sorry for me, most unattractive post on this site (especially after a loss) from time to time. I literally zoom past those post, so embarrassed for them when they clearly don't know enough to be embarrassed themselves. Maybe I'm over analyzing this thing but somethings wrong somewhere.

VN Store

Back