Embarrassing

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Peeked into the Black and Gold Purdue forum, and came across the thread, "Playing Tennessee." It was super embarrassing to see, as usual, one or more Vols fans just shaming our fanbase.

You don't barge into someone else's home and presume to tell them their furniture is the wrong brand, how to raise their kids, and their dog is a mutt instead of a pedigree breed. We have a board here, likely the finest fan board in the country, no need to register on someone else's board. Nor post stuff that give a semblance of credibility that Tennessee fans are buck-toothed, dimwitted, classless, and worse. It was embarrassing to see Vols fans who feel the need to go to other college forums just to post arrogant statements. Or provoke arguments, which often end up in their access being removed. I visit opponent forums from time to time, but only lurk, just to see their perceptions of themselves and us. I never register, nor post. It's their home, they can say and believe whatever they want. I don't live there and don't want to, a shame some of our fans feel, think, and act differently about that.

Last edited:
Peeked into the Black and Gold Purdue forum, and came across the thread, "Playing Tennessee." It was super embarrassing to see, as usual, one or more Vols fans just shaming our fanbase.
You don't barge into someone else's home and presume to tell them their furniture is the wrong brand, how to raise their kids, and their dog is a mutt instead of a pedigree breed. We have a board here, likely the finest fan board in the country, no need to register on someone else's board. Nor post stuff that give a semblance of credibility that Tennessee fans are buck-toothed, dimwitted, classless, and worse. It was embarrassing to see Vols fan who feel the need to go to other college forums just to post arrogant statements. Or provoke arguments, which often end up in their access being removed. I visit opponent forums from time to time, but only lurk, just to see their perceptions of themselves and us. I never register, nor post. It's their home, they can say and believe whatever they want. I don't live there and don't want to, a shame some of our fans feel, think, and act differently about that.
I've often wondered if those yokels that post arrogant, argumentative, and classless statements are that way in real life or does the anonymity of the internet bring out their idiocy.

You don't barge into someone else's home and presume to tell them their furniture is the wrong brand, how to raise their kids, and their dog is a mutt instead of a pedigree breed. We have a board here, likely the finest fan board in the country, no need to register on someone else's board. Nor post stuff that give a semblance of credibility that Tennessee fans are buck-toothed, dimwitted, classless, and worse. It was embarrassing to see Vols fan who feel the need to go to other college forums just to post arrogant statements. Or provoke arguments, which often end up in their access being removed. I visit opponent forums from time to time, but only lurk, just to see their perceptions of themselves and us. I never register, nor post. It's their home, they can say and believe whatever they want. I don't live there and don't want to, a shame some of our fans feel, think, and act differently about that.

Totally agree. And it's why I point out that most of the uga fans on this board do the exact things you describe.

I dont post on opposing boards. I rarely ever even lurk. I will never understand the need to go to an opponent's board make an @%% of yourself.

Not to suggest two wrongs make a right, or excusing any boorish behavior, because we should all agree that it's embarrassing to see.... but I do remember a Purdue jackwagon talking trash before and after our 2019 Sweet 16 game thread in the basketball forum. You don't see many posters banned on here, but that clown was.

Basically, everybody has an a$$hole (or two!).

Glad I don't know where Purdue's web forums are, or where Purdue is for that matter. Its one of those flyover I states that no one can really point out on a map unless they are from there right?

Reactions: volnut1
I've often wondered if those yokels that post arrogant, argumentative, and classless statements are that way in real life or does the anonymity of the internet bring out their idiocy.

Having literally encountered a few, I'm inclined to think along the lines of Maggie Banning, they're just mean old people who don't have a mommy.

I used to go on opposing boards for OOC games because I enjoy talking college football in general. Obviously, I’d like to talk our game with Georgia Tech or whoever the game was with, but mostly it was fun to discuss football. Of course there would be a few back and forths, but mostly it was pretty civil. However, without fail there was always some Vols jack wagon that would show up and talk the most ignorant Tennessee fan smack. It does get embarrassing, but it occurs with every fan base.

Not to suggest two wrongs make a right, or excusing any boorish behavior, because we should all agree that it's embarrassing to see.... but I do remember a Purdue jackwagon talking trash before and after our 2019 Sweet 16 game thread in the basketball forum. You don't see many posters banned on here, but that clown was.
Basically, everybody has an a$$hole (or two!).

The truth is the truth, you spoke the truth. However, it's just as embarrassing when a Vols fan stoops to the level of boorish fans from elsewhere, and on their website to boot. I. myself, am no saint. I can be and have been boorish, but here, not on another team's forum. That's lower than the world record limbo dance.

Reactions: murfvol1

You don't barge into someone else's home and presume to tell them their furniture is the wrong brand, how to raise their kids, and their dog is a mutt instead of a pedigree breed. We have a board here, likely the finest fan board in the country, no need to register on someone else's board. Nor post stuff that give a semblance of credibility that Tennessee fans are buck-toothed, dimwitted, classless, and worse. It was embarrassing to see Vols fans who feel the need to go to other college forums just to post arrogant statements. Or provoke arguments, which often end up in their access being removed. I visit opponent forums from time to time, but only lurk, just to see their perceptions of themselves and us. I never register, nor post. It's their home, they can say and believe whatever they want. I don't live there and don't want to, a shame some of our fans feel, think, and act differently about that.

None of this surprises me at all, based on some of the nonsense we post on here at times.

Classless ignorance is the bane of all boards, including ours. It gets in the way of honest conversation. Too many people, even on Volnation, confuse ignorant positions with being a fan.

We don't always have to agree, but you can't converse with stupidity. Unfortunately there is a lot of that.

UT fan base does have some things to be embarrassed about, but you don't toss your family's dirty laundry out for other to see.
Some fans are absolute idiots and need a switch taken to them out behind the barn.

Reactions: bigorangepoppa
The internet makes cowards brave. A lot of the chit said in forums would not be said standing face to face. I just wish there was a way to run stupid post through something like spell check. It might stop some of this crap.

Classless ignorance is the bane of all boards, including ours. It gets in the way of honest conversation. Too many people, even on Volnation, confuse ignorant positions with being a fan.
We don't always have to agree, but you can't converse with stupidity. Unfortunately there is a lot of that.

Not to disagree with you. In your own home, you can pretty much as you see fit, well, more or less. You can decide to have prime rib roast for breakfast, and buttermilk pancakes topped with powdered sugar and over easy eggs on top for dinner. But when you go to someone else's home, you don't presume to decide what they have for breakfast and dinner.

Reactions: Gandalf and Vol524

Idiocy breeds and matures Idiocy... The internet only gives it a public vehicle to be heard.

Anybody (be it from our fanbase or an opponent’s) who comes to a pre-game tailgate at G10, G5-30, lot 9, etc, will likely be treated with class, respect, and hospitality…shown the true essence of what it means to be “good people.” On a message board is a different matter altogether.

It’s the difference between having to be responsible for your own words/actions versus hiding behind a screen name.

Embarrassing and unacceptable, but let’s not bash ourselves as if the Tennessee fanbase is somehow the only one that contains some idiots. Purdue has their share - who have, as someone pointed out earlier, crashed this board to share his jacka$$ery a while back.

The self-righteous crap I see from virtually all fan bases regarding how obnoxious the fans of other teams are - they’re “the worst,” etc. - is utter nonsense. The recent righteous indignation from a lot of UGA fools after everyone roasted them for laying an egg in the SEC Championship was an extreme case study in that phenomena.

Now, I’m not opposed to disliking one opponent more than another, but all fan bases have good ones and bad ones. We are no different in that regard. Of course, I will put our loyalty up against anyone else’s after the way we’ve endured years and years of incompetence while remaining true to this program! GO VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back