Electric Vehicles

I've seen plenty of cars more expensive than mine at the local high schools' parking lots. Used Bolts or Model 3's are in the low to mid 20's, won't be long before they are in the appropriate price range for smaller budgets as well.

And the Bolt was voted the worst car in America.

Your career as an attorney is to utilize the English language to get people to agree with your view of a situation (and you seem to be pretty y good at it) my ISA an engineer is to asses facts and come to the truth so that people don’t die, I have to disagree with some of your conclusions

As a representative for a car manufacturer, I can assure you that you’re the one in the right.

I don’t know of anyone who has a Tesla who doesn’t love it. Only problem is lack of charging stations in the U.S. infrastructure. Solution is a high powered outlet in your garage and if you want the power to be “green”, connect it to a solar roof. If you can’t afford it (like me) stick with a hybrid.

I don’t know of anyone who has a Tesla who doesn’t love it. Only problem is lack of charging stations in the U.S. infrastructure. Solution is a high powered outlet in your garage and if you want the power to be “green”, connect it to a solar roof. If you can’t afford it (like me) stick with a hybrid.
I don't belive in global warming, think cows should fart more, believe windmills are nothing but bird guillotines, and firmly accept that my T is the best car purchase I've ever made.

I don't belive in global warming, think cows should fart more, believe windmills are nothing but bird guillotines, and firmly accept that my T is the best car purchase I've ever made.
If I could have any vehicle it would be a cyber truck and it’s not because I’m an environmentalist. I just think they’re cool

The only problem is there are large areas where the grid is already stressed and you can’t get a permit for the rapid charger

Reactions: AM64
I would like to correct you in that you’re not stupid. I believe you believe climates change. You just don’t buy into humans are causing it on a massive scale

I believe we should be good stewards of the environment, and we can certainly improve. Tax incentives for lower emissions makes sense to me, however the government has taken a more aggressive approach and is propping up a whole market sector. That part I don't agree with.

I believe we should be good stewards of the environment, and we can certainly improve. Tax incentives for lower emissions makes sense to me, however the government has taken a more aggressive approach and is propping up a whole market sector. That part I don't agree with.
Would you do me a favor and look into what battery production does for the environment and the slave labor requirements for mining the raw materials that go into it?

These are a couple of the reasons I call BS on people who claim they are concerned about the environment while at the same time pushing EVs

The emissions controls on diesel vehicles retards fuel economy to the point that they burn almost twice the fuel they would burn without the emissions systems.

Now before anyone brings up their pre-emissions pickup and how bad the fuel economy is I'm talking with today's engine technology.

Would you do me a favor and look into what battery production does for the environment and the slave labor requirements for mining the raw materials that go into it?

These are a couple of the reasons I call BS on people who claim they are concerned about the environment while at the same time pushing EVs

For sure, I've done lots of reading on this. And for the record, I'm not pushing EV's. It makes sense for us to have one as my wife uses it to commute to work every day, and we save a lot on gas.

There is plenty of slave labor involved in other industries, and these metals are still extracted for other industries as well. Do EV's drive up the demand for the raw materials? Sure, but they aren't the culprit. I myself call BS on people who point to child and slave labor issues as an EV problem.

For sure, I've done lots of reading on this. And for the record, I'm not pushing EV's. It makes sense for us to have one as my wife uses it to commute to work every day, and we save a lot on gas.

There is plenty of slave labor involved in other industries, and these metals are still extracted for other industries as well. Do EV's drive up the demand for the raw materials? Sure, but they aren't the culprit. I myself call BS on people who point to child and slave labor issues as an EV problem.
Well I put my money where my mouth is. I assume you know what the ❌ is for image.jpg

VN Store

Back