Electric Vehicles

That's true. A lot of the nuclear power development was a direct spin off from government funded Naval nuclear propulsion work, and there were probably some other incentives early on with respect to the processing of uranium to fuel. Certainly the national labs were instrumental in the development of nuclear power. The other side is that government has placed a lot of regulatory restrictions in the path of energy producers, and most notably coal and nuclear generation. Just getting the permits to build and to own/develop a site for a nuclear plant can take a decade or more. On the other hand even after a career in the nuclear power industry, I would not say that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission should go away ... and I have had plenty negative to say about those people over the years.

I guess I'd have to say with respect to a lot of the power generation world that the government both give and takes, and I'd be hard pressed to say that what is given equals what is taken by legislation and regulation. Another aspect of that is unions are a big part of the power generation - construction, transportation, fuel mining and processing, operations and maintenance, etc; and government almost exclusively backs unions in their war against corporations. Just one small change - applying antitrust regulations to unions the same way they are applied to corporations would make a huge difference.
once unions catch on to the renewable sectors the same issues will crop up there.

Reactions: AM64
Epochtimes.

Top notch source, no agenda.

That's why I said the math doesn't work for me. It's the same chart that's in the other study posted.

Trying to calculate the additional burden that is placed on utility payers is ridiculous. You also can't blame EV's on MPG-driven credits and rebates.

That's why I said the math doesn't work for me. It's the same chart that's in the other study posted.

Trying to calculate the additional burden that is placed on utility payers is ridiculous. You also can't blame EV's on MPG-driven credits and rebates.

Fact is, the entire auto industry is moving in the EV direction. It has stopped being a gimmick and is the future.

A lot of people are unhappy about that for their own reasons. A lot of oxen are gored by the reduced demand for fossil fuels for them. And so, since we know that the EVs themselves are more fuel-efficient than gas-powered vehicles, they have to try to justify attacks on them by imagineering a cost higher up the energy food chain to try to persuade people that they are a net negative on fuel and climate.

Fact is, the entire auto industry is moving in the EV direction. It has stopped being a gimmick and is the future.

A lot of people are unhappy about that for their own reasons. A lot of oxen are gored by the reduced demand for fossil fuels for them. And so, since we know that the EVs themselves are more fuel-efficient than gas-powered vehicles, they have to try to justify attacks on them by imagineering a cost higher up the energy food chain to try to persuade people that they are a net negative on fuel and climate.
So you need to go read up on the latest trend info. EV efforts are scaling back across the board and one upper tier EV only supplier has already folded. I’d say the newness has worn off and the EV market is reaching saturation for those interested in owning them.

So you need to go read up on the latest trend info. EV efforts are scaling back across the board and one upper tier EV only supplier has already folded. I’d say the newness has worn off and the EV market is reaching saturation for those interested in owning them.

It makes me shake my head that people think the ramp up will always trend with the same intensity it has recently and that, if that does not occur, it is suddenly doomed.

It makes me shake my head that people think the ramp up will always trend with the same intensity it has recently and that, if that does not occur, it is suddenly doomed.
I shake my head at people ignoring clear data showing the market that wants to be served by the current EV technology offerings is largely fulfilled. 🤷‍♂️

It will be interesting to see the numbers in the next few years. We don't know how many first-time EV owners will stay loyal to the powertrain on their next purchase, and also how many new EV adopters there will be. I would also wager that with every year of first-time vehicle purchasers (Kids' first cars, either parent-purchased or on their own) that we will see a steady percentage increase in how many young adults lean toward EV.

It will be interesting to see the numbers in the next few years. We don't know how many first-time EV owners will stay loyal to the powertrain on their next purchase, and also how many new EV adopters there will be. I would also wager that with every year of first-time vehicle purchasers (Kids' first cars, either parent-purchased or on their own) that we will see a steady percentage increase in how many young adults lean toward EV.

Prices will have to come way down before young adult 1st time buyers can afford them.

Prices will have to come way down before young adult 1st time buyers can afford them.
I've seen plenty of cars more expensive than mine at the local high schools' parking lots. Used Bolts or Model 3's are in the low to mid 20's, won't be long before they are in the appropriate price range for smaller budgets as well.

They are already losing money on each purchase, union wages have gone up, subsidies can’t last forever..wait until the sugar ends.
Do EV manufacturers lose money on the cost of goods for every unit? I highly doubt it. I think all the numbers you read on the news includes their costs for investment in EV manufacturing. Apples and Oranges.

I've seen plenty of cars more expensive than mine at the local high schools' parking lots. Used Bolts or Model 3's are in the low to mid 20's, won't be long before they are in the appropriate price range for smaller budgets as well.

Buying a used EV is a terrible financial decision.

Yeah those care you see in the HS parking lot were purchased by daddy. I’m talking about young adults making their first vehicle purchase.

Do EV manufacturers lose money on the cost of goods for every unit? I highly doubt it. I think all the numbers you read on the news includes their costs for investment in EV manufacturing. Apples and Oranges.
They get a lot of support when building new facilities, and every vehicle manufactured at some point had the start up costs baked into it. The Inflation Re-Increase Act includes a lot of help for electrical vehicle manufacturers. So its not like this profitability issue is a new thing for the market, and not without help already.

Tesla is about the only one that makes money.

Your career as an attorney is to utilize the English language to get people to agree with your view of a situation (and you seem to be pretty y good at it) my ISA an engineer is to asses facts and come to the truth so that people don’t die, I have to disagree with some of your conclusions

Reactions: sonofUT62 and AM64

Ford To Scale Back Planned $3.5 Billion Electric Vehicle Battery Plant In Michigan​

Ford said Tuesday it is scaling back a planned $3.5 billion investment in an electric vehicle battery plant in Michigan. The news comes as U.S. automakers look to scale down their aggressive production targets for the vehicles amid slower-than-expected consumer demand.

Ford officials said they still plan to move forward with the construction of the Marshall, Michigan, EV battery factory and its planned opening in 2026, but the company noted they are “re-timing and resizing some investments.”

That includes reducing the number of jobs at the plant from 2,500 to around 1,700, officials announced Tuesday.

Ford also said it will cut the facility’s planned battery production from 30 gigawatt hours per year down to 20 gigawatt hours.

VN Store

Back