Elden Ring (PS4/PS5, Xbox One/Xbox Series S/X, PC) Coming February 25th, 2022

I am in stormville, and I am so sub par I know it. I am going to have to back track out of this. View attachment 459091
Don’t be upset if you have to go farm for ruins. I lost to that guy for about 45 min straight before I decided I couldn’t beat him until I was stronger. Went south and explored for some time. I have no idea what’s going on in the story but enjoying the hell out of this game and it’s difficulty.

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
I rage quit twice before I started to get it. I still have no idea what half the game is about, or what's going on, but it's pretty amazebomb on a 70 inch 4k.

Reactions: Gzearl11
I rage quit twice before I started to get it. I still have no idea what half the game is about, or what's going on, but it's pretty amazebomb on a 70 inch 4k.
Same, I can only play for an hour or two at a time before I quit. I ran into a dragon out of no where are got melted within seconds

So I have a pretty dumb question that I can’t figure out. I’m leveling up but can’t really figure out what to spend my ruins on. I’ve kinda just been using the same sword and shield/armor the whole time. How to do you know what to spend on? I have a lot of weapons that require increased strength, dexterity etc. how do you guys pick?

So I have a pretty dumb question that I can’t figure out. I’m leveling up but can’t really figure out what to spend my ruins on. I’ve kinda just been using the same sword and shield/armor the whole time. How to do you know what to spend on? I have a lot of weapons that require increased strength, dexterity etc. how do you guys pick?

Just my two cents: a very good way to level early if you are weapon based is to focus on strength AND dexterity, i.e. what is known as a quality build. This allows you to use a lot of different weapons and experiment to find your play style. When you find a favorite, level accordingly to make that weapon better whenever you need more damage. Always good to keep an eye towards other needs and maintaining flexibility, though.

Later you can change your points around entirely using larval tears gained from seed beasts. I ended up with over 20 of those so while they are rare, they aren't precious.

Last edited:
Are you also upgrading the weapon with smithing stones and adjusting its ash of war to fit your stats?

Also my favorite thing is hearing from people who have never played a Fromsoftware game before.

Fear not. I was there once.

Are you also upgrading the weapon with smithing stones and adjusting its ash of war to fit your stats?
Just found out you can do that! So I made it past the storm veil castle where should I go next? I want to go to the big city with the large tree but don’t think I’m ready yet

Also my favorite thing is hearing from people who have never played a Fromsoftware game before.

Fear not. I was there once.
Side note I’m have a blast playing this game. I haven’t felt like this towards a video game since honestly mass effect trilogy

Reactions: Rifleman
Just found out you can do that! So I made it past the storm veil castle where should I go next? I want to go to the big city with the large tree but don’t think I’m ready yet

Go south to the weeping peninsula. Just follow the road east from the gatefront ruins.

If you see the color red in the sky or on the ground, turn back.

No you don’t lol but there are badder places than that city. Definitely go south to the Weeping Peninsula. Hit every cave, castle, etc. and build your character.

No you don’t lol but there are badder places than that city. Definitely go south to the Weeping Peninsula. Hit every cave, castle, etc. and build your character.
I’m level 50 now and figured out finally how to use the great ruin dropped by godrik. Currently trying to help blaidth the half wolf guy in finding some city. It’s very difficult in keeping up with quests in this game. I need like a list

I’m level 50 now and figured out finally how to use the great ruin dropped by godrik. Currently trying to help blaidth the half wolf guy in finding some city. It’s very difficult in keeping up with quests in this game. I need like a list

That’s pretty normal for FromSoftware games to have quests that keep out in the dark on what to do. If you are okay with using a walkthrough to keep things together then May I suggest FextraLife. They even have character class builds for you to follow and build your character alongside. Really good resource.

That’s pretty normal for FromSoftware games to have quests that keep out in the dark on what to do. If you are okay with using a walkthrough to keep things together then May I suggest FextraLife. They even have character class builds for you to follow and build your character alongside. Really good resource.
Dude thank you! That website has helped so much already! Have you beat the game?

Dude thank you! That website has helped so much already! Have you beat the game?

Yessir! And yeah that website was my saving grace for a lot of stuff. Mainly the map because I would find all of the places to go. Also helps with quest lines.

Yessir! And yeah that website was my saving grace for a lot of stuff. Mainly the map because I would find all of the places to go. Also helps with quest lines.
What was your favorite weapon? I’m running with bloodhounds fang. It’s so good that I can’t switch with anything plus it has blood loss as a passive perk

What was your favorite weapon? I’m running with bloodhounds fang. It’s so good that I can’t switch with anything plus it has blood loss as a passive perk

I played as a samurai. My favorite weapon was Moonveil, but once I hit a certain boss I changed to a blood build with Rivers of Blood. Blood loss is a good perk to have.

Fextralife is ok, just so many incomplete pages. And there are also too many general directions when screenshots would be better.

I will say if you ever can’t beat a boss, just find Tyrannicon on YouTube. He always knows the exact strategy for some delicious cheese for almost any boss.

Fextralife is ok, just so many incomplete pages. And there are also too many general directions when screenshots would be better.

I will say if you ever can’t beat a boss, just find Tyrannicon on YouTube. He always knows the exact strategy for some delicious cheese for almost any boss.

Although I agree, FextraLife is probably the most complete help website I’ve found for FromSoft games. Definitely helped me with Elden Ring.

And Tyrannicon is gold. Used his videos for Sekiro a few times.

Although I agree, FextraLife is probably the most complete help website I’ve found for FromSoft games. Definitely helped me with Elden Ring.

And Tyrannicon is gold. Used his videos for Sekiro a few times.

I gave up on Sekiro at the final boss my first play though, tried for like 2 weeks and just moved on. Played it again about a year later and Tyrannicon was the reason I finally beat him, and did it on like my second try. He’s the best there is.

Reactions: zhangliao04
I gave up on Sekiro at the final boss my first play though, tried for like 2 weeks and just moved on. Played it again about a year later and Tyrannicon was the reason I finally beat him, and did it on like my second try. He’s the best there is.

He’s also like listening to Merlin ply video games with his accent. It’s great lol

Reactions: KnoxRealtorVOL

VN Store

Back