East Tennessee Weather II

To get snow in east TN this early in the season is just about unheard of. Not even half way through November if we got snow it might be a sign of a truly awesome winter to come.

There is about a 25% chance of seeing accumulating snow Tuesday. I do think we will see Flakes fly but it’ll be light and sparse. It’s all about timing with this clipper and the location of the L as it drags up the coast.

I don’t wanna at my hopes up but model trends are showing the system coming in a little later which will help with colder temps. Possibly could see 1-2 Tuesday morning 😬😬

Reactions: headhunter15
I don’t wanna at my hopes up but model trends are showing the system coming in a little later which will help with colder temps. Possibly could see 1-2 Tuesday morning 😬😬

That’s what the Weather Channel was showing this morning. Had much of East TN, including the Valley at 1-3 inches.

It's interesting to see the models for the most part in lockstep with 1-3 inches of snow in East TN, while Morristown and the local news meteorologists are only predicting that for the highest elevations. The former side is saying that the cold air will get here when there is still heavy precipitation, while the local mets are pretty much going off of what we usually see with these systems in the area, which is the cold air coming in once the moisture tapers off.

Reactions: headhunter15
It's interesting to see the models for the most part in lockstep with 1-3 inches of snow in East TN, while Morristown and the local news meteorologists are only predicting that for the highest elevations. The former side is saying that the cold air will get here when there is still heavy precipitation, while the local mets are pretty much going off of what we usually see with these systems in the area, which is the cold air coming in once the moisture tapers off.
What I haven’t seen much talk of is icy conditions. If the temps drop pretty rapidly, what are our chances for that?

Correct. Even the European has been consistent with a good snow for the valley. Odd NWS and the TV meteorologists are showing nothing.

Correct. Even the European has been consistent with a good snow for the valley. Odd NWS and the TV meteorologists are showing nothing.
Been burnt too many times

Lookin at wind speed and temp maps the cold air is right there with the front Alon with 20-25 mph wind gust

The reason they are leaning towards not much snow is because history says that moisture is limited behind a front the vast majority of the time. The models have also been known to struggle with this setup in terms of how much moisture is available once the cold air comes in.

Just checked the Weather Channel and some of the models are updating and are all still showing anywhere between 1-3 inches on snow for much of the valley.

The reason they are leaning towards not much snow is because history says that moisture is limited behind a front the vast majority of the time. The models have also been known to struggle with this setup in terms of how much moisture is available once the cold air comes in.

What are you thinking, VK?

We would need a heavy band of snow to see a decent accumulation. If it's light snow showers or flurries, then there won't be any substantial accumulation.

We would need a heavy band of snow to see a decent accumulation. If it's light snow showers or flurries, then there won't be any substantial accumulation.

Interesting to see what’s happening out west rn. Thunder snow and snow already reported in north Arkansas

Currently in Memphis 52

25 miles northwest it’s 43 add another 10 miles and it’s 31. Tha HP is strong!

VN Store

Back