East Tennessee Weather II

The forecast has been saying the valley should get some snow this evening, probably an inch or so, and it seems to be looking more favorable as the forecast has increased the amount from basically nothing to up to 2 inches. Will we see any accumulation in the valley or will it be yet another barely above freezing rain? I’m betting on the latter. We’ve seen that all Winter so I doubt it changes now.

I wish we could get that but I’ll take 2 at this point. You all got hit twice with good snows 2 days apart. That’s rare in the South.

Plus we had a little ice last week too not whole lot but some and its been bitterly cold with real temps and wind chills at or below zero. We're going to tie record of 9 straight days of below freezing temps by this weekend which hasn't been done since 1899 and 1940.

Reactions: hUTch2002
The forecast has been saying the valley should get some snow this evening, probably an inch or so, and it seems to be looking more favorable as the forecast has increased the amount from basically nothing to up to 2 inches. Will we see any accumulation in the valley or will it be yet another barely above freezing rain? I’m betting on the latter. We’ve seen that all Winter so I doubt it changes now.
Based on the latest models, I’m predicting bust. I think it’ll be rain that is several degrees above freezing.

Based on the latest models, I’m predicting bust. I think it’ll be rain that is several degrees above freezing.
Yeah, it’s been that way this whole Winter. Northern Alabama just had a change to their area. My dad lives in Madison (Huntsville area) and they just issued a WWA and now are calling for 3-5 inches of snow. They were literally at nothing this morning.

Reactions: Matt2496
5th-8th Social Studies
I'm doing 5th grade social studies homeschool...gonna hit the history of US to 13 colonies, separation of federal government, different climates and weather systems...think thats close to public? I do science and history wife gets the unfun subjects

I'm doing 5th grade social studies homeschool...gonna hit the history of US to 13 colonies, separation of federal government, different climates and weather systems...think thats close to public? I do science and history wife gets the unfun subjects

That’s always great to do. You homeschool your children? In public, 4th grade gets Early US - Civil War. 5th grade picks up at Reconstruction - Civil Rights Movement & TN History. I’m way behind right now in 5th grade. I’m still in WWII.

Reactions: VolnJC
That’s always great to do. You homeschool your children? In public, 4th grade gets Early US - Civil War. 5th grade picks up at Reconstruction - Civil Rights Movement & TN History. I’m way behind right now in 5th grade. I’m still in WWII.
Yeah just our 12 year old..he's autistic and didn't do well in public school..he's high functioning but the sounds and food got to him

VN Store

Back