Early line set for Tennessee-Florida

Its TN vs UF. It really doesnt matter how good our team is. We just dont beat UF. We may squeak by with a last second win but it's statistically unlikely. I dont see us being able to compete with UF for maybe another 2 years. And even then it may be a stretch.

I’m just saying it’s not going to be close to 26. It took 5 turnovers for that to occur with what should be a worse team. 14 is probably pretty close.

I’m just saying it’s not going to be close to 26. It took 5 turnovers for that to occur with what should be a worse team. 14 is probably pretty close.
Florida can be the one to have 6 turnovers next year and it won’t matter, they’ll still win. Don’t know if it’ll be by 26 again or not, but they’ll win, book it.

Reactions: Titan05
To bring something new to the thread here, I did some research.

In the last 11 contests in Gainesville (dating back to 1997), Florida has covered a 14.5 spread once (2007).

They have actually had larger margins of victory in Knoxville during that time frame than in Gainesville.

So, based on the past several meetings, it would be a much safer bet to have Florida winning, but not covering.

Of course, as soon as you put money down, look for Florida to cover.

Don't gamble kids

Its TN vs UF. It really doesnt matter how good our team is. We just dont beat UF. We may squeak by with a last second win but it's statistically unlikely. I dont see us being able to compete with UF for maybe another 2 years. And even then it may be a stretch.
Why don't you just go ahead and dump out the rest of your 'glass half empty?' Screw the fu**in Gators.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
To bring something new to the thread here, I did some research.

In the last 11 contests in Gainesville (dating back to 1997), Florida has covered a 14.5 spread once (2007).

They have actually had larger margins of victory in Knoxville during that time frame than in Gainesville.

So, based on the past several meetings, it would be a much safer bet to have Florida winning, but not covering.

Of course, as soon as you put money down, look for Florida to cover.

Don't gamble kids
Makes sense but how many times was Florida favored by 14.5? I’m guessing not often. That is very interesting that the margin of victory is higher here than down there though. That certainly feeds the narrative that it’s a mental hang up as we put more pressure on ourselves being a home and play tighter. That’s one way to spin it anyway. I’m sure anyone can spin it to whatever narrative they like. Right now today I’d lean towards UT and the points.

They’ll probably kill us in Gainesville this year. However if we keep recruiting at a high level things will change

Well we never block Florida and get no pressure on their QB, until that changes i'd take Florida and that spread. Line of scrimmage league and Butch had us a bunch of Big least linemen. That didn't work out so well.

I think you're right. It's pretty clear they think more highly of UF's roster than ours at the moment, and to be honest, I've seen little on the field that would give me a reason to disagree. It's been the same thing for such a long time....UT is returning player x, y, z and we add all these "beasts" from the recruiting class so THIS is the year we make noise in the SECE race. And the same story unfolds. We get key injuries in spots we can least afford them. We have no depth at several key spots. We play some lackluster football against some lesser programs to start the season then get our annual beating vs UF. After that, reality sets in and we hope to survive the UGA, Bama games with our health, grab some wins against Missouri, KY, Vandy and usc in order to make a bowl. It's big orange groundhog day.

this has the look and feel of the UK and Vandy boards over the years.

it's sad how far the mighty have fallen...

Literally doesn’t matter. It’s Florida, it hasn’t changed in 40+ years and never will.

Hyperbole. Youre as bad as D4H in reverse. Lol. We beat them 2 games ago. 38-28 after Tabor ran his mouth about some stupid duck pulling truck bull crap. With Butch Jones. I bet I can look and find you saying the same thing then.

I know, "once in blah blah centuries". "They're awesome and so are their fans that post here". " When we grow up I want to be just like them".

Screw the gators.

Tough to take UT when you can be fairly confident that UF will play their best game of the year and UT will play their worst.

Why don't you just go ahead and dump out the rest of your 'glass half empty?' Screw the fu**in Gators.

Sometimes the truth is hard to accept. The record against UF speaks for itself. If we were to beat UF this year, I will be happier than a fat kid at Willy Wonkas Chocolate factory. But the chances, statistically speaking, of us winning are extremely slim. Even in 2016 and 1998 it took miracles to win. Maybe we see another miracle this year. I sure hope so but I am not counting on it.

Sometimes the truth is hard to accept. The record against UF speaks for itself. If we were to beat UF this year, I will be happier than a fat kid at Willy Wonkas Chocolate factory. But the chances, statistically speaking, of us winning are extremely slim. Even in 2016 and 1998 it took miracles to win. Maybe we see another miracle this year. I sure hope so but I am not counting on it.

I'd love to hear you explain the "Miracles" for each.

I'd love to hear you explain the "Miracles" for each.

No miracles were needed in 2016 or 1998.

For the fans here who were vocal in saying UT would have won this past year if they didn’t have six turnovers, I wonder if the same logic applies to UF winning in 1998 if we didn’t have five turnovers.

That said, we missed a FG in OT. That’s not a miracle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Behr
No miracles were needed in 2016 or 1998.

For the fans here who vocal in saying UT would have won this past year if they didn’t have six turnovers, I wonder if the same logic applies to UF winning in 1998 if we didn’t have five turnovers.

That said, we missed a FG in OT. That’s not a miracle.

I really wished you had let him answer. I was cocked and loaded for the turnover answer. Lol. And yea, the missed field goal is silly too.

What about the 2016 game could possibly be considered a miracle?

2016 wasn’t a miracle, it was a second half ass-kicking, propelled by the best home crowd I’ve seen at Tennessee in years.

I really wished you had let him answer. I was cocked and loaded for the turnover answer. Lol. And yea, the missed field goal is silly too.

What about the 2016 game could possibly be considered a miracle?

I’m interested to hear his response also.

My opinion shouldn’t keep him from responding.

2016 wasn’t a miracle, it was a second half ass-kicking, propelled by the best home crowd I’ve seen at Tennessee in years.

98 wasn't either, unless you consider All Wilson a miracle. Like Larry said, you wanna call those 4 turnovers by Florida a miracle for us, then stfu about last year and our turnovers.

A miracle to me was a Hail Mary against Georgia in 16. But, IMO opinion even with things like that, we had to play as good as they did the whole game to have been close enough for it to matter.

Reactions: Jaws
98 wasn't either, unless you consider All Wilson a miracle. Like Larry said, you wanna call those 4 turnovers by Florida a miracle for us, then stfu about last year and our turnovers.

A miracle to me was a Hail Mary against Georgia in 16. But, IMO opinion even with things like that, we had to play as good as they did the whole game to have been close enough for it to matter.

I don’t consider 98 a miracle either but it did involve a little “luck” with the missed chip-shot field goal, but it was still an earned victory, not a miracle. But 16 was the he opposite of a miracle or “luck,” it was a straight-up beating. A miracle was the “heave-to-Cleve” in 2017. Another miracle was Muschamp somehow going 4-0 in the series with a couple of horrible Florida teams.

Early line set for Tennessee-Florida

"It’s Tuesday, March 19th. I’m writing a post about a college football gambling line being released. College football is definitely king.
Sportsbetting.ag released several opening lines today, including the spread for Tennessee vs. Florida. The Gators and Vols will meeting on their traditional September date in 2019. Unsurprisingly, Florida is favored. However, the number is pretty large.
Florida has opened as 14.5 point favorites over Tennessee, which makes sense considering the differing directions the programs went last season. Dan Mullen was able to capitalize pretty quickly with the talent he inherited. As we know, it was a struggle for Jeremy Pruitt, who landed in a tougher spot.
The Gators returning production for 2019 ranks 27th in the nation, while Tennessee’s ranks 2nd.
Last year’s matchup in Knoxville was filled with Tennessee mistakes from the opening offensive possession. Tennessee’s offensive line got worked early and often, forcing mistakes from Jarrett Guarantano. Every time the Vols found an ounce of momentum, Florida squashed it by forcing another soul-crushing turnover.
This year’s game will be played in The Swamp, which is part of that big number from the oddsmakers. It will be the first road game for Tennessee’s 2019 recruiting class, which features plenty of key pieces that are going to have to play early on.
Would you feel comfortable taking Tennessee +14.5 right this second?"

Looking at the sentence in bold, you would think that would make a difference. The 2nd most returning players. Our players are that far from the Florida players as far as recruiting rankings overall? Man, unfortunately, I think it shows where the program has been. That being said, I would take Tennessee at +14.5. I believe we will see a better product on the field this year, barring injuries. Go Vols!!
Who really cares...I hate FL as much as the other guy does. While I think they should be favored in this game, I don’t think they are 14.5 points better than us. Last year was filled with giving them free opportunities. For once I want to see the fortune flip sides and stomp a mud hole in them.

Who really cares...I hate FL as much as the other guy does. While I think they should be favored in this game, I don’t think they are 14.5 points better than us. Last year was filled with giving them free opportunities. For once I want to see the fortune flip sides and stomp a mud hole in them.

Yes, all six turnovers were unforced. :)

I don’t consider 98 a miracle either but it did involve a little “luck” with the missed chip-shot field goal, but it was still an earned victory, not a miracle. But 16 was the he opposite of a miracle or “luck,” it was a straight-up beating. A miracle was the “heave-to-Cleve” in 2017. Another miracle was Muschamp somehow going 4-0 in the series with a couple of horrible Florida teams.

Luck is part of the game, so whatever Gums.

I can't remember which part of the chicken I used in 2016, but I must've done something different with my mojo stew that year. Maybe it was the monkey penis, I don't know, but if I ever figure it out, y'all done.

VN Store

Back