Early line set for Tennessee-Florida

Mullen is a good coach. He came into a decent roster as well. Just look at what he did at State.

In the other hand, we have an inexperienced coach with a bad roster. 14.5 isn’t high enuff.

Yes, all six turnovers were unforced. :)

That's a good point.

Last year the mismatch between our two teams at the line of scrimmage was pretty significant. The table below is base on the national rankings for offensive and defensive lines as provided by football outsiders.

I've looked at the rosters (expected rosters for this fall) and you guys at present are expecting 46 blue chip players vs our 39 expected. I'm not sure if our offensive line could be any worse than last year and I figure odds are probably pretty good that your offensive line won't be as good given how many guys you lost. Mullen could do with some grad transfers to help out there. Also at this point I'd give you guys a pretty good edge on the defensive line comparisons. This is still a big question mark for us and we probably won't have even a clue to an answer until fall camp.

Last year, based on talent and returning starts you guys had the best offensive line in the conference. We had one of the worse. You guys were able to exploit our weakness pretty much the same way we did against Auburn and Kentucky. We forced 3 turnovers in each of those games and came out on top. Both of those teams had vulnerable offensive lines statistically speaking. You guys got 24 points off of turnovers against us last year plus a safety, collectively and coincidentally, the margin of victory.

It could be a different game between us this year but even so I'd give the edge this year to the team with the better defense, and specifically, the one with the better front 7.

ScreenHunter 49.png

Your avatar says all I need to know. Get out of here

You form opinions based on limited information, and your turnover take was beyond weak.

So since I’m not going anywhere, perhaps you should put my profile on ignore so I don’t offend your limited sensibilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBVol
Solid post Chatta.

UF’s OL had been an underachieving unit dating back to Muschamp. They had a bit of a breakthrough year last season, but we lose four starters. It will be interesting to see how the new kids pan out.

I get what another poster meant by luck.

First let me say, I don’t think 2016 was luck. That was a tale of two halves and a butt kicking.

1998 wasn’t luck, but Tennessee shouldn’t have won either. You don’t generally win games when you are outgained in that manner. I don’t think Tennessee had 10 first downs in the game.

By the same token, Gaffney or no Gaffney, Tennessee kicked Florida’s butt up and down the field in 2000 and Florida had no business winning that game.

But generally speaking, teams that win make plays when they have to be made, make fewer mistakes, overcome mistakes when made, etc.

And winning and losing is not a matter of luck the vast majority of the time.

JMO

Reactions: KBVol
Luck is part of the game, so whatever Gums.

I can't remember which part of the chicken I used in 2016, but I must've done something different with my mojo stew that year. Maybe it was the monkey penis, I don't know, but if I ever figure it out, y'all done.

You better figure it out quick so you can get some sustained enjoyment out of the series before we all die.

You better figure it out quick so you can get some sustained enjoyment out of the series before we all die.

You know, I've already guaranteed the game won't be anywhere near similar to last year, but I still think you win. BUT, everybody gets so hung up on the past..... IF we were to pull out a win this year, it would tie the series since we last won.

So all y'all gators and VolGators can suckit.

I'd love to hear you explain the "Miracles" for each.

Easily done. In 1998 the UF defense had us on our heels before Martin took off picking up a big chunk of yards to get back into FG range. UF missed a chip shot FG. Miracle win.

In 2016, Dobbs played the game of his life. They were dominating us in the first half. Then the miracle happened. The team woke up. But even then the game never felt like a true dominating win for us. JJ made a spectacular catch on a not so great pass. Again, a miracle that we were able to comeback. At least that’s my opinion.

Easily done. In 1998 the UF defense had us on our heels before Martin took off picking up a big chunk of yards to get back into FG range. UF missed a chip shot FG. Miracle win.

In 2016, Dobbs played the game of his life. They were dominating us in the first half. Then the miracle happened. The team woke up. But even then the game never felt like a true dominating win for us. JJ made a spectacular catch on a not so great pass. Again, a miracle that we were able to comeback. At least that’s my opinion.

Big gains in yardage, missed field goals, QB having great games, halftime adjustments, motivation, spectacular catches...that stuff happens every Saturday by multiple teams. That's part of football.

If that kinda stuff is considered Miracles by you, what was the hail Mary in 16 against Georgia?

Big gains in yardage, missed field goals, QB having great games, halftime adjustments, motivation, spectacular catches...that stuff happens every Saturday by multiple teams. That's part of football.

If that kinda stuff is considered Miracles by you, what was the hail Mary in 16 against Georgia?

Another miracle

I would like to stick to tradition and have us up by 30 at halftime and the UF scores about 50 unanswered.

You know, I've already guaranteed the game won't be anywhere near similar to last year, but I still think you win. BUT, everybody gets so hung up on the past..... IF we were to pull out a win this year, it would tie the series since we last won.

So all y'all gators and VolGators can suckit.

A like given for new nickname, VolGators.

You form opinions based on limited information, and your turnover take was beyond weak.

So since I’m not going anywhere, perhaps you should put my profile on ignore so I don’t offend your limited sensibilities.
You don’t see me on a Florida forum.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back