Dump Bama

It wouldn't hurt us if our goal is 2nd place in the east behind Bama . . .

That could be, probably would be right for a time, but not necessarily. We or another of the East teams might beat bammer, giving the East leaders an opportunity.

Neyland is one of the best of all time, and is frequently overlooked/underrated on lists of the all-time great coaches. But he isn't #1 or #2.

He was better than the drunkard Bryant. If he hadn't been called back into the Army twice his record would have eclipsed Bryant's plus Bryant never beat the General.

He was better than the drunkard Bryant. If he hadn't been called back into the Army twice his record would have eclipsed Bryant's plus Bryant never beat the General.
If if if...Besides, if you don't consider Bryant to be #1, then #1 is probably Woody Hayes.

It would have been interesting to see Neyland coach against Bryant when Bryant was at Alabama. Neyland never lost to Bryant as you said but it was also when Bryant was at Kentucky, which was already caring more about basketball even back in the day.

If if if...

It would have been interesting to see Neyland coach against Bryant when Bryant was at Alabama. Neyland never lost to Bryant as you said but it was also when Bryant was at Kentucky, which was already caring more about basketball even back in the day.

Facts are facts. Bryant couldn't hold the Generals jock.

If the conference is expanding, we need to dump Alabama as an annual opponent. I know you traditionalist will give all kinds of reasons not to do this, but it’s a new world. I’m not talking about running away I’m talking about being smart. They would rotate on the schedule anyway, so make this about Tennessee, not about tradition.
It's pronounced Buck Fama. But yes if Bama and Aubie gets moved to the EAST we should rival Texas.

That could be, probably would be right for a time, but not necessarily. We or another of the East teams might beat bammer, giving the East leaders an opportunity.

I'm all in favor of having Bama in our division, and I'm all in favor of beating them again on a regular basis. What I wrote was in response to the idea that losing to Bama when they are in our division won't hurt us, if they beat our division opponents as well. If they beat both us and them, they'll be champions, not us. That's not something we should be satisfied with in the long term.

Reactions: Vol Main and hog88
If the conference is expanding, we need to dump Alabama as an annual opponent. I know you traditionalist will give all kinds of reasons not to do this, but it’s a new world. I’m not talking about running away I’m talking about being smart. They would rotate on the schedule anyway, so make this about Tennessee, not about tradition.
Get ready for all the “we ain’t skeered of nobody” comments from couch potatoes that don’t have to get punished bu Bammer’s death squad in 3….2….1…..

Same here (except for worrying that the Third Saturday in October would lose its mystique -- I thought we'd just have a faster track to evening the series). We had been SEC Champions two of the previous three years. I attributed the Florida loss the year before to the Kinko's incident, as we had embarrassed them in Knoxville the year before that (and would beat them again soundly in '92). One wonders what might have been had we just beaten Arkansas or South Carolina . . .
That was such a letdown. The end of Majors.

True but "a" denotes singular as in one and done and got the hell out of Tuscaloosa while the getting was good.

He got out because he had lingering allegations which eventually lead to numerous years of probation. He was playing guys He knew had no business being eligible and would eventually catch up with them..which it did..

Bro that record reflects after the fact. The Bama game ended the race for us. It was a 3 way tie going into that game. If we beat bama i cant see us losing to SC and Vandy. Bama essentially ended the race.
If we were that mentally weak, that's it's own indictment of the idea that team could have ever been a champion. The mathematical fact is the loss to Bama, did not in 2016 and has not cost us the division title anytime in recent memory.

Reactions: bamawriter
Bama was gifted Nick Saban he practically fell into their laps at a time when he wanted out of the nfl let’s not act like their administration did something miraculous in hiring him at that time…
Actually their AD begged and pleaded him and refused to take no for an answer. Convincing his wife is what sealed the deal. Drew Brees not signing helped

I strongly doubt it. They’ve turned into a full blown dynasty they’ll spend whatever it takes to get a worthy successor, and they’ll continue to buy the best players money can get.
At least now, everyone will be allowed to buy players without getting in trouble, not just Bama

I assure you college football tradition means little or nothing to a 14-18 year old kid. Not even to the legacies.

VN Store

Back