DT Jonathan Hollins

Thought i might post it in here too for the folks that don't check out the recruiting form.
Jonathan Hollins - Football Recruiting

If there's any interest in playing time, I'm wondering if anyone playing HS football this year would be willing to help our offense out? There's really only one position with anyone in the cue... that would be G Jones. Otherwise, give it a go.

Thought i might post it in here too for the folks that don't check out the recruiting form.
Jonathan Hollins - Football Recruiting

I have learned from the past when following recruiting, it doesnt matter one iota unless you can coach em when they get here. We have had an enormous amount of busts fro one reason or another and I wont be excited about recruiting until we have a new coach and staff.

Texas Tech, Kansas St., UCLA are the offers on scout. doesnt show any on rivals. He originally committed to Texas Tech outta HS.

This is good news. Any big body to throw in there and get ready on the defensive side is good.

yeah, he is only a 3 star,
but he's pretty much as high a 3 star as u can get

he's ranked 45th in JUCO.. and the 43rd spot is where the 4 stars start..
so he's pretty much a low 4 star..

so dont trip guys.. hahah

plus he comes in for the spring which is huge...hopefully him n herbert can do damage next season

At this point any highschool DT that started their senior year and made all district should get a serious look.

yeah, he is only a 3 star,
but he's pretty much as high a 3 star as u can get

he's ranked 45th in JUCO.. and the 43rd spot is where the 4 stars start..
so he's pretty much a low 4 star..

so dont trip guys.. hahah

I'm slowly learning not to put too much emphasis on the star rating...but...if that is our criteria and we look at our current recruits per Rivals...we have four 3* guys that are 0.1 away from 4* and in my experience most guys who are that close at the beginning of their senior years will be bumped to 4* by the end...we've already seen Herbert get bumped...

So, by that rationale, what we have right now will end up being ten 4* and eight 3* by signing day...

Thats enough to get us into the top 15 last year....and that doesn't include the three 5*'s (Campbell, Thomas, Moses...I know, I know...but I can think big can't I?) and the five 4*'s (Oku, Brown, White, Askew, and Gordon) that we're going to land by the time its all said and done...

That'll be three top 5 classes in the last five years...so the cupboard will be more than full for whoever takes over for Fulmer :)

Texas Tech, Kansas St., UCLA are the offers on scout. doesnt show any on rivals. He originally committed to Texas Tech outta HS.

Rivals has an article on him today. They say he's a 4*. Also says he's being recruited by LSU. That's enough for me.:rock:

JONATHANHOLLINS4_30200A.JPG
spacer1.gif
"Well, like I've been a Tennessee fan as long as I can remember," said the confident Hollins, who answered every question with "Yes, sir" and "No, sir" greetings. "I love the tradition the program has. When they offered me, it was like an honor and dream come true. It's SEC football, Tennessee, I couldn't pass up on that one."

article says he is still being recruited by Texas Tech and LSU

"To be honest, our team is stacked. We've got the No. 1 receiver in junior college (Hayo Carpenter, No. 11 on top 100 JuCo players, No. 3 WR), our O-line has big guys, the d-line, everyone is just going to be crazy. It's quite interesting. We've got good guys everywhere. I don't think anyone has declared.

"We have some big guys, good guys, good character. Whatever comes (in recruiting), I'm pretty sure they will be willing to take it on."

I wonder if we are going to hit the juco for more that dt's

VN Store

Back