Doug Mathews says Pruitt has made OC Choice

Did you just categorize me alongside LG and Luther? Banned!

Oh Lord, I poked the bear again. Last time I did that, Freak booted me so far it took a week and a sincere apology to LittleCat to get back in good graces.

Let's just cut to the chase...what color carpet you want for that yacht, Freak?

Go Vols.

Reactions: TAF and VolNExile
Just for snicks and giggles, do some of you think Pruitt and Chaney only put this together the last few days or week? Why do you suppose Pruitt had to wait to negotiate seriously and ethically once bowl season was done? Who do you think reached out to who, Pruitt>Chaney or Chaney>Pruitt?

Just for snicks and giggles, do some of you think Pruitt and Chaney only put this together the last few days or week? Why do you suppose Pruitt had to wait to negotiate seriously and ethically once bowl season was done? Who do you think reached out to who, Pruitt>Chaney or Chaney>Pruitt?
This happened after Pruitt lost Yurich to osu imo.

Chaney could have been the one all along. Or maybe it happened over the past week or so. Guess we will really never know.

Yes.

Nothing unethical about looking for a job, offering someone a job or leaving for a job during bowl season.

Yes.

Nothing unethical about looking for a job, offering someone a job or leaving for a job during bowl season.

Ethically you're supposed to notify the AD of the donating institution if you plan on talking with someone on his staff. Chaney was under contract during the bowl game, UGA AD was fat, dumb, and happy thinking Chaney would renew from all reports. Formal contact between UT and Chaney probably happened AFTER Texas put the beatdown on them and contract pretty much done. But you seriously think Chaney had not reached out backdoor and let Pruitt/Fulmer know he had an interest in moving over?

Last edited:
Ethically you're supposed to notify the AD of the donating institution if you plan on talking with someone on his staff. Chaney was under contract during the bowl game, UGA AD was fat, dumb, and happy thinking Chaney would renew from all reports. Formal contact between UT and Chaney probably happened AFTER Texas put the beatdown on them and contract pretty much done. But you seriously think Chaney had not reached out backdoor and let Pruitt/Fulmer know he had an interest in moving over?

True, you're supposed to ask permission to talk to someone under contract and I'm sure Fulmer did, but my guess is that it was after the Sugar Bowl. I don't think Cheney was a target until recently.

Sure, it woudn't surprise me in the least if Cheney had his agent put the word out that he might be interested.

Yes.

Nothing wrong with waiting either. I have no idea how it all played out. I give Pruitt and Fulmer the benefit of doubt though.

They may be new (first time AD & HC) to their current positions and have made some mistakes, but they've both been around and are pretty accomplished in college football. I know some want to think they couldn't rub two sticks together without instructions and someone else's help, but that ain't me.

I have a feeling Chaney might not have been too receptive to changing jobs until after the bowl game, when he was staring down another year with Coley as his co-offensive coordinator, and bearing all of the blame for their lackluster offensive performance.

Agents do all the talking. I imagine this has been in the works for longer than a dang week. I also imagine CJP will not spill the beans on his process. How many coaching searches do we have to go through on VN to figure out it's not our area of expertise?

Go Vols!

Agents do all the talking. I imagine this has been in the works for longer than a dang week. I also imagine CJP will not spill the beans on his process. How many coaching searches do we have to go through on VN to figure out it's not our area of expertise?

Go Vols!
Nor do we have any right to know the inner workings.

We get to be curious and even impatient because we’re curious, but the level of entitlement that has been displayed on VN over the last month has been astounding.

Heh. Some folks are just a cancer on their own families.

I'm not saying MWA and Bearded and like-minded Eeyores aren't Vols fans. They say they are, so I believe they are. But they're just such horribly awful Vols fans, that you'd almost rather have another few gator fans hanging around. :)

I'm not saying MWA and Bearded and like-minded Eeyores aren't Vols fans. They say they are, so I believe they are. But they're just such horribly awful Vols fans, that you'd almost rather have another few gator fans hanging around. :)

1bf1ff9e52d42ee99d679afdf7baf202.jpg

You can add that devo182 guy/gal to the list also.

How quaint, another 'you're not a TrueFan™' post.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back