Doug Mathews on Returning Players

If we knew who is and who isn’t staying we could figure out how many more we can take in this 2022 class. I know that’s what’s on everyone’s mind. Someone should have that info.

counting transfers and new signees, number is likely to be 26 or 27 comin in. They are going to impose scholarship reductions with this class. Hearing the number is likely 5.

My all time favorite player, along with Darryl Strawberry.
GBO!!

Edit: no one told me when I was a young boy and cutting my baseball teeth, that it was a sin to be a Braves AND Mets fan.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!x2

Well IDK how old you are but up until about 26 years ago they werent in the same division. And thanks to Chipper it’s been a pretty one sided rivalry. 😀

Mitchell should come back and get a healthy successful season under his belt. He can make a big difference if healthy. Mays likewise could do the same - particularly at offensive guard.
Vols seem settled at guard with Carvin and Spraggins. Mays has announced he’s playing in a senior bowl. He gone.

I think he knows more about what is going on than any of us posters on this board, except maybe Atlanta Vol and I do not know how tight AV is with our new staff

Doug knows WAY more than AV did. AV was FOS. It finally caught up with him and people caught on. He lasted longer than most fake insiders do though, due to him buying people tickets. He was committed to the schtick, I'll give him that. He bilked it as long as he could.

Check your facts.

I like Doug, and I've listened to Big Orange Sunday alot over the years but Doug learned alot of his info from Fulmer. With Fulmer out of the picture his info has been more spotty. For example, he reported that our internal investigation was over about 6 months before we now know it actually concluded.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad
Wasn't super impressed with Mitchell in the limited time we saw him. Not saying he was bad or anything, just thought he'd be a lot better than he was. But hopefully he comes back.

Still, I can name that whole roster and I can name one from the current team.
I went to my first Braves game in 1979. Our Little League coach told us if we won the championship he would take us to Atlanta. I remember getting Dale Murphy's autograph after the game. He was such a class act. So nice and humble. Gene Garber was a complete ass. Back in the day, the Cubs, Braves, and TWIB were the only games on TV. Then some high school buddies and me went from 1985 to 1989. I don't know why we quit going when they started winning. Good memories. This year was so special. Watched the World Series with my son. He appreciated it. He said, "Dad, UT and the Braves haven't won any championships in my lifetime. I needed this." He's nineteen.

This one did good,
Riley Lovingood gave you 4 solid years and not 1 bad snap, ever

Well he only snapped on punts. Didn’t even snap on kicks.

If you’re gonna waste an initial counter on a long snapper who doesn’t even snap on kicks, he damn well better not make a bad snap.

Reactions: livefaith

VN Store

Back