Don't get hyped!

So you want us to curb our enthusiasm?
Larry David would have something to say about that.

If we win out, something very few around here thought would happen before the sound whipping of Ky, including the Bowl, alongside of the fact that we will be large favorites the 1st 3 next season that would be 8 wins in a row going into the Florida game. It'll be hyped and rightly so as should the Vols beat Mizz Saturday then it's very likely that is exactly what happens! A 10 win season is not out of the question next year, definitely something to be hyped about. Top recruits would not be interested in programs looking 2-3 years down the way.

If we win out then there will be tons of hype in the off season. Don't believe in it!! We are still 2 to 4 years away from recuriting the players we need to actually be in the same state much less the same zip code as the likes of Bama or Clemson. It's gonna take several years just be patient and let CJP recruit his players for a few more seasons before we hype up this team.

STFU

To go 8-4, we’d have to lose @ UF, UGA, @ Bama, and SC.

What are the toss ups? Miss St is going to drop off big time next season. Mizz will be without Drew Lock. BYU? KY couldn’t do it this year, I highly doubt they’ll be able to when we’re actually a decent football team.

8-4 would be losing to everyone that mattered. What am I missing?
8-4 would be a good season next year for us.

Reactions: ATHiker
Honestly, I thought we'd be better than we've been. At least record wise. I thought this team had more talent than what showed last season and I thought better coaching would result in about a two game swing. 8-4 is what I thought this team was capable of but we're going to come up just short of that.
So , OP was talking to you!
You thought 4-8 would turn into 8-4 even though our schedule was brutal, and as of now you’re probably thinking 10-2 or maybe 11-1 next year?

I'm hyped because I'm taking tonight off, watching ant man and the wasp, and eating Captain crunch. Add to this, we beat Kentucky!

I’m not sure about ant man and the wasp but ain’t nothing wrong with taking some time off and enjoying some captain crunch. It’s always good to beat the cats. Aren’t you originally from KY country?

Reactions: joevol33
I’m not sure about ant man and the wasp but ain’t nothing wrong with taking some time off and enjoying some captain crunch. It’s always good to beat the cats. Aren’t you originally from KY country?
yep, born and raised on the KY side of Cumberland gap

Honestly, I thought we'd be better than we've been. At least record wise. I thought this team had more talent than what showed last season and I thought better coaching would result in about a two game swing. 8-4 is what I thought this team was capable of but we're going to come up just short of that.
you serious clark?

if we were that talented, we would have won atleast 1 sec game last year just on talent alone regardless of coaching.

If we end up going 8-5 then there's no way I can stop myself from thinking 15-0 next season.

/blue
You sure missed OP's objective point. I think we have a way to go yet and 8-5 is wishful thinking but it could happen. I'm fine with 6-6 after such a grueling schedule and our injuries thus far aren't anywhere near as bad as recent years. This team needs to get in the weight room and our linemen need to bulk up this off-season. We may get some good recruits in CJP 1st full year on the recruiting trail.

No, not 2 to 4 years. 2 more, tops. In 4 years he will have turned the roster completely over and none of the young players that he’s developing on this year’s roster will even be here. Two more classes, 50 new players to go along with last year’s 25, should do it.
Disagree. Not enough time to build quality depth up front especially on defensive side with 3 starting seniors leaving that unit this year. No way to get competitive enough to contend in 2 years based on where we are now and current recruits coming in. We need to get big and nasty up front on the defensive side.

Reactions: MAUSERWERKE
you serious clark?

if we were that talented, we would have won atleast 1 sec game last year just on talent alone regardless of coaching.

Yeah, I'm completely serious. Based on our recruiting rankings under Jones, I thought we were way more talented than what we showed. I thought due to things like injuries and overall lack of physical development because of an inept S&C program, locker room drama, a first year O-coordinator who had no business being one at this level, and a head coach who had lost his team mentally and emotionally, these were the reasons why we finished at 4-8. Not because of a lack of overall talent. Now, did I think this team had 12-1 talent ? No. But 8-4 or maybe even 9-3 talent? Yes! Yes I did.

If we win out then there will be tons of hype in the off season. Don't believe in it!! We are still 2 to 4 years away from recuriting the players we need to actually be in the same state much less the same zip code as the likes of Bama or Clemson. It's gonna take several years just be patient and let CJP recruit his players for a few more seasons before we hype up this team.[/QUOTE

I was pumped after the KY win. Thanks to your post, im now depressed. You should become a Motivational Speaker. Good job. 👍

If its as far away as OP wants us to believe maybe we should give all the football recruiting budget to basketball and we football fans can mow grass on Sat an meet on Sunday afternoons at Neyland and drink beer and watch Nascar (which I hate). Please people stop the negs or be a Vandy fan

been around the block too many times to get hyped...leave that to the young'uns...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT TIGERS!

VN Store

Back