Don't get hyped!

Lol. Vol fans and their ridiculous expectations.
To go 8-4, we’d have to lose @ UF, UGA, @ Bama, and SC.

What are the toss ups? Miss St is going to drop off big time next season. Mizz will be without Drew Lock. BYU? KY couldn’t do it this year, I highly doubt they’ll be able to when we’re actually a decent football team.

8-4 would be losing to everyone that mattered. What am I missing?

ok Op.

I tend to keep my expectations low and have for a bit now but I do kind of want to lean towards 10 wins after a bowl game next season.

But I can just as easily see 6-8 wins and I’ll still be ok with it. For now. It will tell me a lot either way.

Honestly, I thought we'd be better than we've been. At least record wise. I thought this team had more talent than what showed last season and I thought better coaching would result in about a two game swing. 8-4 is what I thought this team was capable of but we're going to come up just short of that.
WVU being a top 10 team didn't help, nearly all of our opponents this year have been trending upwards (with the exception of maybe Auburn).

If we win out then there will be tons of hype in the off season. Don't believe in it!! We are still 2 to 4 years away from recuriting the players we need to actually be in the same state much less the same zip code as the likes of Bama or Clemson. It's gonna take several years just be patient and let CJP recruit his players for a few more seasons before we hype up this team.

We are a bad team winning games we shouldnt. Big departure from last few years.

Phil's got this. relax.

If we win out then there will be tons of hype in the off season. Don't believe in it!! We are still 2 to 4 years away from recuriting the players we need to actually be in the same state much less the same zip code as the likes of Bama or Clemson. It's gonna take several years just be patient and let CJP recruit his players for a few more seasons before we hype up this team.
Come on man... this is VN, we are level headed, even keeled, and never let our imaginations get the better of us.

8-5 this year = 13-0 next year... its only logical.

Wtf is the point of this? Your life must suck.

Let grown people be grown people. We’re not 6 year olds

Honestly, I am absolutely giddy with how this team has improved over the course of the first 10 games. I am also extrapolating that out over the next few years as well. Player development and improvement makes me think we have a real coach who learned well under Saban and is bringing that mentality to the good guys.

Dude if we're not in the SECC game next year it's time for another Gruden thread.

I'm hyped because I'm taking tonight off, watching ant man and the wasp, and eating Captain crunch. Add to this, we beat Kentucky!

Reactions: CardiacKid

You make an excellent point. Its what VolNation, and frankly what UT does best. They hype and market this team up so much in the offseason. This especially occurs when we read the daily Spring Practice and Fall Camp updates. We get too carried away with expectations of these guys who are only practicing against themselves. I tempered my expectations this season with the goal of, not a set amount of wins, but progress from Game 1 to Game 12. After Game 10, I can say that I see progress. I can also say that there is still a long way to go to restore the glory. Its interesting to see that Nebraska is going through a similar process. They looked like hot garbage up until a few weeks ago. No doubt Scott Frost doesn't have the talent he needs to run his offense, but they have made similar progress. I cannot say the same about Chip Kelly at UCLA. It must be worse that he thought going into that job.

Reactions: MAUSERWERKE
It is amazing what ONE WEEK makes!😂 After last week there was talk about Helton, Friend, Pruitt and about half the team being gone next year!

I must admit I was really doubting our offensive line and never dreamed we would tame the cats but about 80% of the posters on here were ready for a total revolution! I see our team as improving but still not consistent!

I am not predicting the next two games, who knows! The only thing I am predicting is I will be a Vol fan for life! GO VOLS!

Reactions: ATHiker and VolinMC
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back