Dont be surprised if Hooker enters portal ?

Hooker was a grad transfer
According to the language LWS shared, that counts. If he had transferred last season it would’ve needed to be lower division to be immediately eligible unless there was a waiver.

With Caleb Willams testing the portal waters it wouldn't shock me to see just about every P5 starter & star players use this tactic from now on. Hooker would force UT to find him a deal for big money. It's crazy & wild but hey they earn it so more power to them. I don't pay it so why care?
He is not going to leave a place that took him from backup to NFL potential and learn a completely new offense around a completely new team for one year of NIL. He should get plenty at UT with his new found star power. This is the last of my concerns.

That all said, his scenario along with Tillman's should offer the highest possible NIL deal, and what that = will say a lot about what is out there. Still hate Evans left. That would have been a 3 headed beast.

Last edited:
NCAA could stop that tactic simple by changing the rule. Instead of you can only transfer freely one time, change the rule to say you can only enter the portal freely one time. Second time you enter portal, you must sit out a year.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Money will and already has started to ruin college football. Stop calling it the transfer portal and start calling it free agency. Label it what it is.

Hooker will not leave but I do believe a new trend is starting to where the most money will win out on QB’s and it already has with new signees out of high school. It’s just a matter of time before transfers play the same game.

Agree....NFL lost me with free agency....It's just a matter of time like the NFL you'll be wondering who the hell all those players on your team are and where did they come from.

Last edited:
0.000000% chance hooker enters the portal. He literally came back over the nfl draft due to the soecial relationships he’s cultivated with individuals around the program

With Caleb Willams testing the portal waters it wouldn't shock me to see just about every P5 starter & star players use this tactic from now on. Hooker would force UT to find him a deal for big money. It's crazy & wild but hey they earn it so more power to them. I don't pay it so why care?
He can't; since he has already transferred once before.

Reactions: butchna
I'm trying my best to put something together for Hendon at Dick's House of Sport, but he's not very responsive...even for the guys at Spyre.

OP I see what you’re. It’s why coaches and their agents leak that they’re interested in a job opening. They end up getting a contract extension most of the time if their stock is up at the time.

Players of all positions will start to do this. But I don’t see Hooker being one of them. If he has a similar year in 2022 he’ll be drafted round 3 or 4. If he improves he could become a first rounder. He would risk more money going to a new school than he stands to make by improving.

Hooker already used his transfer to come here. Stop

I have to ask ... why do you feel the need to start this thread?

Okay, so...
1. Hooker has one year of eligibility left and has already transferred once. So, he isnt transferring again.

2. The kid literally wrote a book about Scripture and is giving part of the proceeds to charity. He is not that attention seeking, all about me person.

3. Stop doing drugs and stop making stupid threads.

This had to be written under the influence

VN Store

Back