Does anyone remember Leonard's losers?

tenor.gif

Reactions: Steelcurtain
Listened every chance I got!!
Good thing he wasn’t around the last 10-12 years or every one on here would hate him for picking UT almost every week!!!!

Honestly I never even got upset when he picked us to lose. It was just that good of a show. Of coarse I thought he was wrong but wasn't mad.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone else remembered this bit on the radio. Always enjoyed hearing it. Times seemed to be much simpler then.
Loved the way he had a way with words.

Get me outa here Percy!!

Go Vols!

Those were the days when you got almost all info about the team from the papers, magazines or sports talk shows, there was no social media.....sad, but I think I enjoyed it better back then, you?

Brings back great memories from late 70s and 80s hearing it with my dad on the way to the games. Bleachers seats in the end zone, walking horse every week, small coke of $.25 and large In The orange cup for $.50. Cigarettes at concessions. Good memories

Those were the days when you got almost all info about the team from the papers, magazines or sports talk shows, there was no social media.....sad, but I think I enjoyed it better back then, you?

I most definitely did. Call me crazy but there was just something about having to go out and get a paper or tune in to a radio program at a certain time to get info about the Vols or any team made it worth more. I miss those days.

Brings back great memories from late 70s and 80s hearing it with my dad on the way to the games. Bleachers seats in the end zone, walking horse every week, small coke of $.25 and large In The orange cup for $.50. Cigarettes at concessions. Good memories

The Future just ain't what it used to be is it?

The Future just ain't what it used to be is it?

Definitely not what it was cracked up to be. Imagine how we went from records to tapes of different varieties to CDs to thumb drives, etc for media in a span of fifty years or so. Now big innovation is whether the next iPhone will have one, two or, fifty cameras ... and vinyl (not a record) is back.

Reactions: Steelcurtain
I most definitely did. Call me crazy but there was just something about having to go out and get a paper or tune in to a radio program at a certain time to get info about the Vols or any team made it worth more. I miss those days.

Remember how you had to wait until, as I recall, Tuesday afternoon papers for the football rankings? And then saw how the top 10 was padded with big 10 teams and always ... Notre Dame because national "news" was written by people mostly in the northeast. I love this time of year when the wailing in the big 10 starts because the traditional powers skate all season long and finally play somebody with a pulse ... and some of them have to lose. Imagine your "big win" going into mid Nov as ... Cincinnati ... wow.

Too bad the younger generation doesn't understand how so many of us can despise big 10 and pac whatever teams, and harbor absolute hatred for ND.

Remember how you had to wait until, as I recall, Tuesday afternoon papers for the football rankings? And then saw how the top 10 was padded with big 10 teams and always ... Notre Dame because national "news" was written by people mostly in the northeast. I love this time of year when the wailing in the big 10 starts because the traditional powers skate all season long and finally play somebody with a pulse ... and some of them have to lose. Imagine your "big win" going into mid Nov as ... Cincinnati ... wow.

Too bad the younger generation doesn't understand how so many of us can despise big 10 and pac whatever teams, and harbor absolute hatred for ND.
Yes. I still think Notre Dame and big 10 teams are always overrated and this line of thought probably has a lot to do with it.

Reactions: DixieVol and AM64
Just wondering if anyone else remembered this bit on the radio. Always enjoyed hearing it. Times seemed to be much simpler then.

Get me outa here Percy!!

Go Vols!
This was absolutely a "must listen" radio broadcast for me. Called UT "The Riflemen" and Florida the "Giant Water Lizards" amongst other great calls. Yeah, I never missed that show on Saturday mornings. Thanks for the memories.

This was absolutely a "must listen" radio broadcast for me. Called UT "The Riflemen" and Florida the "Giant Water Lizards" amongst other great calls. Yeah, I never missed that show on Saturday mornings. Thanks for the memories.
I remember that I always listened to Leonard's Losers as I was driving up to see Tennessee games from Metro Atlanta:cool:

Get me outa here Percy!!

Go Vols!

Get me outa here Percy!!

Go Vols!

Yes. I still think Notre Dame and big 10 teams are always overrated and this line of thought probably has a lot to do with it.

When I see a big 10 team or ND in the top 10 - especially early in the season, my brain automatically goes to BS. Imagine TossU being ranked #1 at this point with the signature win being over a 6-2 WI ... and the next two games are MD and Rutgers. Maybe they are that good, but the record to date doesn't back it up.

It just hasn't been the same since John Ward retired, unfortunately

That's a FACT. I can still hear him. "NO SIR REEEE!!" "GIVE..HIM..SIX!!!" "Touchdown Big Orange!!" The best one though might be "The national champions are clad in orange"

Last edited:
Reactions: VolinMC and AM64

VN Store

Back