Dobbs is not the answer

I said last year Justin Worley was our best hope to get to a bowl...I said after Dobbs came in he was our best chance...now someone else will have to step up if we are going to win 8 games next year. We can't win with a QB that can't consistantly make throws 40 & 50 yards downfield...I still like the kid a great deal and thank him for his service.

40 and 50 consistently? What?

Reactions: 2 people
Just ignore the haters bro.

We never trailed and my faith in this team never wavered today - didn't check the time when you posted, but I can say I never thought we'd lose this game.

Thanks....I didn't share your optimism late in the 4th. Great win...and a good season. Hopefully a corner turned.

Maybe getting back to winning will unify the fan base somewhat, and allow differing opinions without all the hostility.

Prolly not though.

Reactions: 1 person
Starting C, RB, WR1, WR2 all out and Dobbs is getting worse every week?

Solid analysis.
Honestly, I'm not trying to be a jerk. But what difference does it make if its the WR1 or WR2 out when he misses the throw so bad that its not even in the same zip code? If it were drops it would make a big difference.

Its not that he had a bad game either. He has been consistently inaccurate since he came in during the Alabama game. Like I stated earlier, he's not getting any worse but he's not getting any better either.

You can't just say that "Dobbs will be fine". His Accuracy problem just didn't manifest itself over night. He struggled with it last year and he's still struggling with it. Most seem to be ready and willing to over look it because he has been so dynamic running the ball and it hasn't cost us a game yet.

And No I am not anti Dobbs or suggesting that he be replaced. I just don't think we should be so quick to dismiss it as a concern.

Reactions: 4 people
Sound a lot like Georgia fans to me...they go 9-3 and complaining...we get bowl eligible for the first time since 2010 and we still complain. Hell, no one could make throws behind that O-line. Dobbs will be fine....relax and enjoy the win

Reactions: 4 people
Without Josh Dobbs we would not be bowling nor would we have won this game! He is working with NO help from receivers or offensive line, better to ask what he could do with some playmakers on the field.

Reactions: 6 people
Without Josh Dobbs we would not be bowling nor would we have won this game! He is working with NO help from receivers or offensive line, better to ask what he could do with some playmakers on the field.

My only concern is arm strength. Those under throws weren't the fault of the line. Hopefully it was the wind.

Dobbs has struggled with accuracy. The extra time will help. Now you see why he wasn't clear cut starter at the beginning of the year. I haven't given up on him as I think the extra time will help. That is the reason it would have been nice to redshirt him. But having said that, Worley would not have gotten us 6 wins this year since he couldn't avoid the sack. I appreciate his toughness and willingness, but just couldn't avoid rush from an inexperienced line. I think we will see a huge improvement in the whole team for the bowl game especially since we will have some guys back. Speaking of missing where was Malone today?

His throws have been horrible. He doesn't process the defense fast enough either.

Watch for 1 of the early enrolling freshman, to make a big push for PT next year.

How many games has he started? Give the kid a chance. He needs a healthy O-line and for them to block better. Give the kid a running game and some more recievers he will be just fine.

My only concern is arm strength. Those under throws weren't the fault of the line. Hopefully it was the wind.

It's not an arm strength issue....he has plenty. It's an accuracy issue, and a vision issue.

Bad Oline and no North.....makes passing hard for any QB to drop back and pass for routes past 10 yards...don't care who you are.

Dobbs can be the answer if he can develop a decent level of accuracy and we can develop a modicum of an Oline.

Dobbs can be the answer if he can develop a decent level of accuracy and we can develop a modicum of an Oline.

Yep, but the concern is that Dobbs wild throws and inaccuracy have been persistent. Dobbs was plagued by inaccuracy last year, throughout summer camp and practices. His decent accuracy in a couple games this year was the exception, not the norm.

There is a reason Dobbs was demoted to #3 behind Peterman after the preseason - and it's NOT because of some overwhelming priority to save his talent for next year by RS. That popular myth is simply false. Dobbs inaccuracy was severe in preseason, while Peterman and Worley were much more accurate. Dobbs lost the #2 due to poor throwing. It cannot be ignored.

Imagine being a QB that understands that your protection can collapse at any moment(2-3 seconds) and see how well you deliver the ball, without your receivers getting sufficient time to make/develop a play. The year(like recent ones)have taken its tole on players and fans alike, but we have to be thankful for the fight we have been shown with team 118.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
It's not an arm strength issue....he has plenty. It's an accuracy issue, and a vision issue.

On the long balls, it really looks to me like he's trying to be too fine. There were two that he underthrew where I would have called the same play and told him to let 'er fly. I might have waited a play and then run it again, but I'd definitely have run it again.

Imagine being a QB that understands that your protection can collapse at any moment(2-3 seconds) and see how well you deliver the ball, without your receivers getting sufficient time to make/develop a play. The year(like recent ones)have taken its tole on players and fans alike, but we have to be thankful for the fight we have been shown with team 118.

Dobbs had a bad game throwing, but I'm also in the "poor play calling" camp. Or, maybe I should say "atrocious play calling". Butch has a conservative streak that makes Fulmer look like a riverboat gambler. Dobbs has shown he can be deadly on the quick hitters, but we panic when he throws an int and go exclusively to passes behind the line and straight ahead runs.

Meanwhile, Jameis throws 4 ints and FSU continues to play their game; Bo Wallace has a terribly inaccurate game and Hugh Freeze continues to attack with him.
You don't become an elite team playing scared.

edited to spell coach Freeze's name correctly. Sorry, Hugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I just dislike our offensive scheme. I miss having a pro style offense with the I formation and a pocket passer. Dobbs can run but I want a QB who can throw the ball.

Might as well accept it. THis is the style of offensive this staff is going to run. Hopefully once it starts truly clicking you will learn to like it. Otherwise, you will remain unhappy.

VN Store

Back