Do yall truly believe Springer and Johnson are one and done?

Are they ready to help an NBA team win games consistently in Year 1? Of course not. I'd wager most top ten picks aren't positive contributing forces for at least the first two years. Theyre drafted for what they can be in 5 years, not what they will be as rookies. If either comes back it will be as a huge favor to the Vols because it will not be in their interest(s)

Yes. Johnson will probably be a lottery pick. I've seen varying projections on Springer, but most have him going in the first round too.
I think they could use some polishing for sure but both have a ton of upside. Keon is the prototypical NBA wing in today’s game. Hyper athleticism, can create shot at all levels, and guard multiple positions. JRich is a good comparison imho. I feel Springer is more ready IQ wise. His game reminds me of Deron Williams with his size and ability to finish off of 2 feet thru contact consistently. Maybe even some Chauncey Billups...

I’m guessing they will both leave but I hope that JJJ doesn’t leave as well. PLEASE don’t let him go because I think he’s our best player. Wouldn’t hurt my feelings if Pons and/or Fulky somehow decided to make one more run at a Final 4.
I expect both to start the next chapters of their lives tho.

Depends. If we don’t win the natty they might come back but if we do win they’ll probably come back to defend it. So we’ll see
They will be back then because this team will win no natty even with teams dropping out because of covid.

Reactions: 08Vol
Being “ready to go to the NBA” and “going to the NBA” are two different things. The G-League use to be filled with Kentucky one and dones.

What UK one and dones have “filled up” the G League? Most UK one and dones get drafted in the first round, which is a 3 year guaranteed contract. You can still play in the G League as a rookie. As long as you get a guaranteed promise for first round, you go. It’s a minimum of 3-4 million, and that’s late first round. Life changing money.

Reactions: vol94
They 100% are 1st round draft picks. I think preseason, Springer was a late 1st rounder and his play has elevated him into the lottery. His balance being his biggest skill, which is really hard to teach.

I watch a lot of NBA and Springer for sure looks like he has a ton of offensive potential. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The NBA is a better place to develop than college. It’s not even close. One has nearly unlimited resources. The other limits how many times you can even see your coach. If you can get drafted, you go.

The offensive system Barnes runs makes it hard for our 5 star guards to look the part. Springer spent a lot of time this season standing around waiting for fulkerson to cut to the basket instead of playing like he did today when Fulk went out injured. Our 2 five stars averaged about 8 to 9 shots a game in the system. contrast that to Pippen at Vandy who averaged close to 15 shots a game and looks like he could play in the NBA tomorrow. And poor SV who looked like he was going to be a scoring beast last season only averages about 6 to 7 shots a game in this same system.

The offensive system Barnes runs makes it hard for our 5 star guards to look the part. Springer spent a lot of time this season standing around waiting for fulkerson to cut to the basket instead of playing like he did today when Fulk went out injured. Our 2 five stars averaged about 8 to 9 shots a game in the system. contrast that to Pippen at Vandy who averaged close to 15 shots a game and looks like he could play in the NBA tomorrow. And poor SV who looked like he was going to be a scoring beast last season only averages about 6 to 7 shots a game in this same system.

Pippen shoots that much because he has to. It’s pretty easy to see why Johnson and Springer are projected lottery and Pippen is not.

Reactions: vol94
This isn't bias on my part. I've watched them all year and I don't feel like they are ready to make that jump to the NBA.

No offense, but unless you're an NBA scout your opinion doesn't really matter when it comes to this. And they'd be stupid to turn down first round money.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back