Do yall truly believe Springer and Johnson are one and done?

During the season I'd have said Springer was gone and Johnson needed to come back, now I'd say the opposite is true. Johnson is a take off his athleticism and grit alone. If they both come back to play with Chandler, his addition makes all three likely first round picks next year. A true point guard would take so much pressure off them and allow them to grow exponentially.

Reactions: Volle
Springer has “Walt Frazier” like moves, the way he can hang a guy in the air, and shoot a mid-range jumper. However, he and KJ will make or break it in the League on their 3pt shooting ability. The line has changed things, you shoot the 3 or go home if you’re under 6’10”— even Grant is starting to shoot it with the Celts.

Reactions: Rando
Springer has “Walt Frazier” like moves, the way he can hang a guy in the air, and shoot a mid-range jumper. However, he and KJ will make or break it in the League on their 3pt shooting ability. The line has changed things, you shoot the 3 or go home if you’re under 6’10”— even Grant is starting to shoot it with the Celts.
He could be another Dale Ellis.

There is always the possibility that one (or both) of them might decide to stick around and enjoy college and playing with his teammates and Barnes. The risk of serious injury threatening a career is certainly a lot lower in basketball than in football.

I would love to see them in Orange another year.

Reactions: Border Vol
For their sakes I hope not. I don't think either of them is ready. To me they are just a little above average freshmen at this point. In another year they may be ready for the big time. Not know.

Keon is a guaranteed lottery pick so I would imagine he is gone.

Springer is different as I think he is going to be an interesting eval for the NBA. He is a tweener position wise, but the NBA values 3 point shooting so I think he will get a first round grade. Probably somewhere in the 20s. But I could see him falling to the 2nd round and 2nd rounders dont have guaranteed contracts. He really needs to get a couple promises from teams in the first that they are taking him before he decides to leave.

Keon is a guaranteed lottery pick so I would imagine he is gone.

Springer is different as I think he is going to be an interesting eval for the NBA. He is a tweener position wise, but the NBA values 3 point shooting so I think he will get a first round grade. Probably somewhere in the 20s. But I could see him falling to the 2nd round and 2nd rounders dont have guaranteed contracts. He really needs to get a couple promises from teams in the first that they are taking him before he decides to leave.
Springer is being projected Top 15 in most of the recent updates

Springer is being projected Top 15 in most of the recent updates

I'm aware of his jump, but I dont think he is a lock to go there at all. Ty Haliburton was top 6 projected by everyone and ended up landing outside the top 10 and he was a far superior prospect than Springer in terms of the NBA.

What is he at the NBA level? A PG? Well I'd rather draft Cooper as my PG (if you are comfortable with the off court red flags) despite Springer being put ahead of him in a lock of mocks. Overall upside? Well Greg Brown at TX has a much higher ceiling. Are you taking him as an undersized combo guard? I think he is going to get a wide range or evals and they will be very team specific.

Tweeners at the guard position rarely go in the lottery.

Reactions: Volle
I'm aware of his jump, but I dont think he is a lock to go there at all. Ty Haliburton was top 6 projected by everyone and ended up landing outside the top 10 and he was a far superior prospect than Springer in terms of the NBA.

What is he at the NBA level? A PG? Well I'd rather draft Cooper as my PG (if you are comfortable with the off court red flags) despite Springer being put ahead of him in a lock of mocks. Overall upside? Well Greg Brown at TX has a much higher ceiling. Are you taking him as an undersized combo guard? I think he is going to get a wide range or evals and they will be very team specific.

Tweeners at the guard position rarely go in the lottery.
He was projected 10 and went 12, not really a big drop lol.

Reactions: 08Vol
Both need to be a lot better shooters from the perimeter but expect they will get drafted early and will be gone. I like the two we have coming in and our real need for next season a top talent post player or two.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Multiple mocks had him at 6. More had him at 6 than 10, but yes you can always something to contradict.

Nothing on the rest of the post? Lol
Not really because I largely agreed for awhile/still do on what you were saying about his position and being a tweener, but the fact that he continues to get projected Top 15 by multiple professional scouts tell me that they probably know more about his stock than I do, or you do either.

If you're a 1st rounder you go. Period. Lottery is nice but 1st is guaranteed money. Instant, life setting guaranteed money. Plus it starts your clock to the 2nd monster contract a year sooner. That one is generational money. Your descendents are set for life at that point.

Reactions: 08Vol
The offensive system Barnes runs makes it hard for our 5 star guards to look the part. Springer spent a lot of time this season standing around waiting for fulkerson to cut to the basket instead of playing like he did today when Fulk went out injured. Our 2 five stars averaged about 8 to 9 shots a game in the system. contrast that to Pippen at Vandy who averaged close to 15 shots a game and looks like he could play in the NBA tomorrow. And poor SV who looked like he was going to be a scoring beast last season only averages about 6 to 7 shots a game in this same system.
How many games is that vandy system winning?

NBA franchise owners pay experts to determine the best available player in the Lottery and don't deal in "feel"
Interesting statement. there is nothing truly objective about anything dealing with human beings. Otherwise how do you explain Sam Bowie, Darco MIlicic, Greg Oden, Anthony Bennett, etc etc etc

VN Store

Back