Do we have the only delusional fans that make ridiculous hilarious predictions? 1-2 team is going to blast a Top 10 on the road

Could be! If your boss told you just make sure you beat Florida and your job is safe until you have long enough to recruit how would you go about business? You beat Florida on the scoreboard and in recruiting then you have something
Stupid.

By no means am I confident that we can pull the upset, but -- for once -- we have the advantage on the injury front, and we should come in rested and healthy. IF we can get pressure on Trask, and IF JG plays up to his ability, and IF we can win the turnover battle, it just might be a close ballgame.

Excuse me Smarty Pants...…………….are we undefeated in the SEC...……...Get With The Program22.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigun
We usually loose to FL because of our bad play, not because of their good play. Last year it was the turnovers (at least 3 inside the 25) that did us in, but granted many of those were due to poor offensive line play. While the line still has a way to go to be excellent, the are clearly improved this year. I don't think the talent level is much different, although FL probably has some better depth, but we will only win if we don't beat ourselves. Clean up the mistakes and we will win. At any rate, I believe we will be within 10 points unless we have a lot of turnovers like last year. GBO.
Regarding the improvement of the offensive line, you may be right, but when we get to the Swamp, we'll be playing an SEC team, and we'll find out if there has been an improvement or not---in short order.

Reactions: Bigun
Florida looked like hot garbage tonight. They looked bad against Miami and were lucky to win. Kentucky should have won the game. Kentucky looked slow to me. Especially in the backfield and they should have won the game. Yes I think we have a chance and I don’t think it depends on Florida playing bad. They are just not that good. That’s simply an opinion of someone who watches football.

Where are we exactly slow?

The problem isn't whether or not Florida is a top 10 team, it's whether we are a top 100 team. So far, we haven't shown anything to suggest we are. Jacksonville State's QB was nearly pefect, going 20-26-344-2 tds vs UTC, whom they beat down last week. UTC is one of the worst teams to play in Neyland in the modern era of football alongside the ETSU team we beat 59-3 last that showed 0 reality about the team. We scored 45 points, and 35 of them were from short fields set up with 2 blocked punts, a bad punt snap, a long kick return, and an interception. Those special teams plays are the rarest in football and rarely happen against competent opponents. I don't see any reason to think we will cover the spread vs UF, let alone win.

Reactions: BreatheUT and Bigun
Good point. I see some absolute dumb posts about us beating Florida. Not happening. We are terrible. Even when we are good we can’t beat Florida.

Vols COULD upset Florida, but it would be a big surprise.

I agree with the rest of you though. Only the delusional fans claim it as a certainty.

Florida is not a top 10 team this year.....right now they are not even top 20....
But we aren't playing like a top 50 team.

We need to run the ball for over 150 yards to have a prayer at winning.

Florida is not a top 10 team this year.....right now they are not even top 20....

Actually Florida is rated (week 4) in the top 10:
Week 4 College Football Rankings
AP Top 25

1. Clemson (3-0)
2. Alabama (3-0)
3. Georgia (3-0)
4. LSU (3-0)
5. Oklahoma (3-0)
6, Ohio State (3-0)
7. Notre Dame (2-0)
8. Auburn (3-0)
9. Florida (3-0)
10. Utah (3-0)
I don't know what else to say, except your info doesn't stand up to fact checking.

Last edited:
Actually Florida is rated (week 4) in the top 10:
Week 4 College Football Rankings
AP Top 25

1. Clemson (3-0)
2. Alabama (3-0)
3. Georgia (3-0)
4. LSU (3-0)
5. Oklahoma (3-0)
6, Ohio State (3-0)
7. Notre Dame (2-0)
8. Auburn (3-0)
9. Florida (3-0)
10. Utah (3-0)
I don't know what else to say, except your info doesn't stand up to fact checking.

Well, thank you Mr. Helper.

But anybody and everybody who knows ANYTHING about FB knows that they are ranked way, way too high right now.
In other words--their game performances are certainly not worthy of a top 10 or even a top 20 ranking.

Even the Fla guys on this site know this.
Their ranking is worthless.

Well, thank you Mr. Helper.

But anybody and everybody who knows ANYTHING about FB knows that they are ranked way, way too high.
In other words--their game performances are certainly not worthy of a top 10 or even a top 20 ranking.

Even the Fla guys on this site know this.
Their ranking is worthless.
I was responding to your informative post, you know the one you where you stated, "Florida is not a top 10 team this year." You did not indicate your expertise, vast knowledge of NCAA Football, but rather referred to the top ten. Anybody and everybody who knows anything about FB knows when you discuss top ten, you are discussing the Teams Ranking, not your opinion. Evidently, anybody and everybody that has a vote (one that counts) in the AP Poll, disagree with your keen assessment. God Bless your heart.

Reactions: tbh
I was responding to your informative post, you know the one you where you stated, "Florida is not a top 10 team this year." You did not indicate your expertise, vast knowledge of NCAA Football, but rather referred to the top ten. Anybody and everybody who knows anything about FB knows when you discuss top ten, you are discussing the Teams Ranking, not your opinion. Evidently, anybody and everybody that has a vote (one that counts) in the AP Poll, disagree with your keen assessment. God Bless your heart.
LOL are you serious? He was simply saying that they do not look like a top ten team. I'm sure he knows that they are in fact ranked no 9 in the poll. He was, in essence, stating that they are way overrated. As do a lot of people.

LOL are you serious? He was simply saying that they do not look like a top ten team. I'm sure he knows that they are in fact ranked no 9 in the poll. He was, in essence, stating that they are way overrated. As do a lot of people.
"He was simply saying that they do not look like a top ten team". No, please read the string, he never said that at all. Are you implying that he is stupid? He can't state what he really wants to say, and in fact needs you to clarify his thoughts and words for him? I hope not, he seemed pretty clear to me. And remember, I'm Mr. Helper!! We do what we can.

"He was simply saying that they do not look like a top ten team". No, please read the string, he never said that at all. Are you implying that he is stupid? He can't state what he really wants to say, and in fact needs you to clarify his thoughts and words for him? I hope not, he seemed pretty clear to me. And remember, I'm Mr. Helper!! We do what we can.
No, I'm implying that you in fact may be stupid or lack common sense (just wanted to be nice about it). Anyone with common sense about football understood what he was implying. You should probably keep on flying down I40 until it ends.

This is the correct thought process. People keep trotting out the line that UF isnt a top 10 team to apparently mean we have a good shot at winning....when we are 1-2 and havent defeated a D1 team this year BUT we looked great against a lower tier Southern Conference team.

No, I'm implying that you in fact may be stupid or lack common sense (just wanted to be nice about it). Anyone with common sense about football understood what he was implying. You should probably keep on flying down I40 until it ends.
The implications of your post are profound! No, I've read the posts, it is quite clear, FL is in fact a top 10 team/AP, they may not be a top 20 team as per the real expert, you know the guy that doesn't have a vote on the AP poll, nor does anyone from the AP call him for his sage advice. I'd say FL is in fact a top 10 team, and will demonstrate this to almost everyone's satisfaction this Saturday. And the AP will again announce the top 25 teams a week from now, without the advice or consent of the expert poster-you know the guy that knows more than those that actually vote on the AP poll. For those that need another poster to "clarify" what they actually meant to say, God Bless your heart. For those that feel they have been anointed to jump in and clarify what others have posted,...I'm sure you mean well.....

VN Store

Back