DJ Hunter

yeah...you're right. I was just curious at the time all I knew was he shot a kid in the head...I hadn't heard twice...yet, if he was fighting with the kid this is aggravated assault and the kid really eff'd up. We really need to lock down Edwards and Hurst now and keep our fingers crossed for Janzen Jackson.

I'd trade Hunter for Jackson any day of the week.

UA drinking, sure. Getting into a little fight, yeah. Maybe even speeding. Shooting a kid in the face, with any gun? No way in hell. Ship his ass to the U, he'll fit right in.

Hey now chill about the u just because they bad in the 80s. Early 90s. does not mean they are like that now. But I can say they at least were beating everybody then. But from what I can tell Shannon is getting rid of the bad apples. And let's not forget our vols haven't been model citizens.

Last edited:
there are rumors on VQ about previous incidents...

I understand boredom...
I understand bad decisions...
I don't understand shooting people for fun.

good luck, DJ, sayonara.

I just don't understand how kids think sometimes? You have a chance to play football at Tennessee!! Play in the SEC!! Go to College for free and have all the support you could ever hope to have. Every chance to have success for yourself wether football worked out or not.

And you throw it all away. I just don't understand. Unbelievable!

I just don't understand how kids think sometimes? You have a chance to play football at Tennessee!! Play in the SEC!! Go to College for free and have all the support you could ever hope to have. Every chance to have success for yourself wether football worked out or not.

And you throw it all away. I just don't understand. Unbelievable!

Agreed...You can lead a horse to water, BUT.....:hmm:

Hey 182, this was the article in our local paper this morning.

Middie football player charged in BB shooting

Here is an interesting quote that proves I was right when everyone jumped all over me when I originally reported it due to not having a link.

It is not the first time Hunter has been in trouble with police. He was arrested in July and charged as a juvenile with aggravated trespassing, assault and criminal damaging after kicking in the door at a residence and assaulting a girl, said Juvenile Detective Fred Shuemake.

The detective said Hunter entered a guilty plea to a lesser charge and was to told to stay away from the girl. Butler County Juvenile court would not release any information because Hunter was a juvenile at the time of the offense, according to Rob Clevenger, court administrator.

Hey 182, this was the article in our local paper this morning.

Middie football player charged in BB shooting

Here is an interesting quote that proves I was right when everyone jumped all over me when I originally reported it due to not having a link.

I'm glad we aren't pursuing him any more. He can play for Miami, FSU, or USCjr and fit in there just fine.

MIDDLETOWN — Middletown High School Athletic Director Gary Lebo expressed great pride in the emphasis he and the MHS coaching staff has when it comes to character development of the school's student-athletes.
That's why when incidents involving a Middie student, such as the ones that have recently been encountered by senior football player Dwayne "Deejay" Hunter, Lebo tends to look on the positive side of things.
Hunter, 18, will appear at 8:15 a.m. today, Jan. 21, in Middletown Municipal Court for a pretrial hearing on felonious assault charges for his alleged involvement in a BB gun shooting of a teen last week.
After his arrest last week, charges of criminal damaging, assault and aggravated trespassing from July also were discovered. The details of that offense were not released because Hunter was a juvenile at the time.
The incident in July, which occurred just a few weeks before the football season began, has left some people wondering why, when athletes can be kicked off teams for other offenses such as drinking alcohol, Hunter was allowed to play football for the Middies this past fall.
"It's important to keep students involved in athletics," Lebo said. "I feel as an athletic department we do emphasize character development, because our biggest asset is our students."
Lebo said the school was aware of an incident last July involving Hunter, but because he was a juvenile, the court records were sealed. Also, the outcome of the incident was not resolved until November, after the football season was completed, Lebo said.
"The thing we have to remember is these are 15-, 16-, 17-year-old kids. It's important for them to be involved in activities," Lebo said. "If we have a borderline kid, then we want to keep him involved because he's going to be around great coaches. If we can help them at that age and develop character, they'll be better people."
Hunter, one of the top defensive backs in the country, committed to the University of Tennessee in July. The Volunteers are no longer recruiting Hunter, who was planning on visiting several Big Ten schools.
The first day of the early signing period is Feb. 4.

Sometimes a kid's character is built from getting their backsides lit up when they need to be punished but their are to many parents these days that spare the rod and spoil the child.

I guess this young man didn't have any takers on NSD either, like Hood. His character issues seem to finally have caught up with him. Hopefully, he can turn himself around

VN Store

Back