DJ Hunter

I'll start with...what's happening? I'm new to the VolNation message boards. Good to be here.

I just read that article earlier. This guy sounds pretty good...great speed too. He could be a great addition to EB and company. I hope we can pull him away from OSU territory. I'm sure he wouldn't mind coming to play with one of the best secondarys in the country. That's got to be attractive to some of these guys looking at us.

Scout Profile
Rivals Profile

486546.jpg

Middletown (OH) Middletown High School

Ht: 6-foot-0
Wt: 186 lbs.
Forty: 4.4 secs
Class: 2009 (High School)
Rivals $ (Tennessee)

6/30

D.J. says he will visit Tennessee, Wisconsin, WVU, and Louisville in July.

From the OSU site...now says that he is backing off of having Ohio State & Indiana at the top of his list and is now saying that everyone is even. Plans on making some visits this summer and says Ohio State will definitely get a visit.

By BK...OSU coaches were at Middletown again...as well as coaches from Tennessee, Illinois, Louisville, Wisconsin and Purdue.

D.J. says he will look at everyone who is interested in him.

Says that he wants to decide before his senior season and wants come visit for the Florida game.

and people wonder why these guys take all their visits. :p A 4-5* recruit has the ability to see some of the best CFB games for free.

and people wonder why these guys take all their visits. :p A 4-5* recruit has the ability to see some of the best CFB games for free.

Yeah, he wants to visit us for the FL game, OSU for the Michigan game, and Indiana for the....well.....:ermm:

Hey LD1, dig your avatar. Are you a Falcon? My boy plays for the varsity and I have another one who will play for the freshmen this year.

Monday, July 07, 2008

MIDDLETOWN - Middletown senior Deejay Hunter has several college visits left this summer, but has narrowed his choices to five Division I programs according to his father.

Dwayne Hunter said in a phone interview from Gatlinburg, Tenn., that his son is considering Ohio State, Indiana, Tennessee, West Virginia and Louisville. Hunter has been to Ohio State, Indiana and Tennessee and has visits scheduled later this month at West Virginia and Louisville. He will also visit Wisconsin this weekend.

Looks like we got his commit! This guy will be great to replace some of the depth we'll lose later. Keep our secondary one of the best in the nation!

Here is ESPN's take on DJ:
"Hunter possesses all the physical and mental skills you look for in a defensive back prospect, and should see his recruiting heat up when more coaches view his abilities as both a run and pass supporter. Does not look like your prototypical lean, tight waist corner back prospect, actually possesses a thicker frame and lower-body, but is real smooth in all of his movements. Good pedal and footwork and transitions fluidly in and out. Shows flexible hips and fluid turns mirroring receivers in off-man. Loses little in transition when opening to turn and run in man-to-man and shows proper technique retaining inside leverage and playing the ball. Can press with his strong upper-body and good recovery speed. Displays a great burst and extra gear breaking under the deep throw in zone coverage and closes quickly on the perimeter pass with good force. What separates this kid from other good cover corners is his aggressiveness and skills on run support. Locates the ball quickly and flashes great range with sharp pursuit angles. Closes quickly with good explosiveness in space you can't coach. Excellent tackler who wraps up solidly and drives through from his powerful hips. Sound and reliable in the openfield; puts on a clinic covering kicks and could find that role early on in college. Great blitzer off the edge with his burst and relentless motor to the football. However, his recovery speed could be tested as a college corner as well as his transitional quickness and ability to shadow top receivers in and out of their breaks with his thicker lower-body. Hunter may be more reliable at safety with his physical skills and it would put him in position to make more plays around the football with his excellent instincts. Great competitor and his unselfish, non-flashy style of play could be hiding this potential sleeper."

Good Job coaches for getting this kid:eek:k:

Here is ESPN's take on DJ:
"Hunter possesses all the physical and mental skills you look for in a defensive back prospect, and should see his recruiting heat up when more coaches view his abilities as both a run and pass supporter. Does not look like your prototypical lean, tight waist corner back prospect, actually possesses a thicker frame and lower-body, but is real smooth in all of his movements. Good pedal and footwork and transitions fluidly in and out. Shows flexible hips and fluid turns mirroring receivers in off-man. Loses little in transition when opening to turn and run in man-to-man and shows proper technique retaining inside leverage and playing the ball. Can press with his strong upper-body and good recovery speed. Displays a great burst and extra gear breaking under the deep throw in zone coverage and closes quickly on the perimeter pass with good force. What separates this kid from other good cover corners is his aggressiveness and skills on run support. Locates the ball quickly and flashes great range with sharp pursuit angles. Closes quickly with good explosiveness in space you can't coach. Excellent tackler who wraps up solidly and drives through from his powerful hips. Sound and reliable in the openfield; puts on a clinic covering kicks and could find that role early on in college. Great blitzer off the edge with his burst and relentless motor to the football. However, his recovery speed could be tested as a college corner as well as his transitional quickness and ability to shadow top receivers in and out of their breaks with his thicker lower-body. Hunter may be more reliable at safety with his physical skills and it would put him in position to make more plays around the football with his excellent instincts. Great competitor and his unselfish, non-flashy style of play could be hiding this potential sleeper."

Good Job coaches for getting this kid:eek:k:

I personally like ESPN better then Rivals and Scout

This guy is the 151st best recruit in the nation, 3rd fastest CB, 5th most physical CB, and 14th overall CB, per Rivals...Damn!

that is slades area if im not mistaken and if he was the primary he is hot this year

I just heard this from a friend of mine, Matt Kavanaugh. (3 star basketball commit to the University of Dayton).

While at AAU nationals this week, he was with 3 of his teammates that attend Middletown High School. They began talking and asking if they had heard about DJ. Apparently, DJ and his girlfriend had gotten in a fight. She began pushing him and slapping him... DJ then shoved her into a wall and gave her a black eye. Her Dad then walked in the room and began to get into a verbal exchange with DJ telling him to get out of his house. It almost got to the point where DJ and his former girlfriends' dad got into a fist fight before Hunter finally left the house.

As of now, it is being said that DJ Hunter is being charged with assault and is no longer going to be able to attend Tennessee.

I just heard this from a friend of mine, Matt Kavanaugh. (3 star basketball commit to the University of Dayton).

While at AAU nationals this week, he was with 3 of his teammates that attend Middletown High School. They began talking and asking if they had heard about DJ. Apparently, DJ and his girlfriend had gotten in a fight. She began pushing him and slapping him... DJ then shoved her into a wall and gave her a black eye. Her Dad then walked in the room and began to get into a verbal exchange with DJ telling him to get out of his house. It almost got to the point where DJ and his former girlfriends' dad got into a fist fight before Hunter finally left the house.

As of now, it is being said that DJ Hunter is being charged with assault and is no longer going to be able to attend Tennessee.

Well, hope this is a rumor.

Anyone heard anything about this? HV, rex, or ViA?

It basically isn't a rumor but I didn't know a better word for it.

He committed the crime and that is a fact. The only part of it that is not 100% known is if he will be able to attend Tennessee still, which is looking doubtful.

VN Store

Back