Disrespecting Missouri

Mizzou has been anywhere from great to embarrassing for the past 15 years but either way the vast majority of the time they have been extremely tough physically and almost never quit.

Except for when the team decided to quit and boycott in support of the fraud, Jonathan Butler. You forgot that time.

Except for when the team decided to quit and boycott in support of the fraud, Jonathan Butler. You forgot that time.

Boom!

I lost all respect for Missouri then, they bowed down to a relentless mob that cared nothing for the facts and just wanted power by screaming and throwing tantrums.

Mizzou has been anywhere from great to embarrassing for the past 15 years but either way the vast majority of the time they have been extremely tough physically and almost never quit.

How does a Mizzou fan define “great”?

My alma mater is a decade removed from what we consider greatness to be.

Reactions: DWright39
As soon as that head heals, they'll be getting ready for that long trek to Knoxville this fall:
por-missouri-grim-vintage-snapshot-photo.jpg

I would say a great team at least wins the division of a major conference.

I would hardly consider our 2015 and 2016 teams that won the East as “great”.

Hell, looking back, our 2006 national title team didn’t look all that great until we rolled Ohio State.

But at least you confirmed my suspicions.

Last edited:
Reactions: solivols
I would say a great team at least wins the division of a major conference.
Saying a team is great for winning a division is such a Mizzou response. Completely disagree that a team is great if they win a division. A great team at least wins a National Championship.

There is some serious disrespect for the state of Missouri on here. Do you guys have any idea who you're messing with?

Does the name Jesse James ring a bell?

How bout Black Jack Pershing, and Omar Bradley? Are they tough enough for you?

How bout the only human being in history who had the balls to use a nuke....TWICE!

Boys you better settle in and get used to war every time you play our boys from Mizzou :)
Pershing had a bottle rocket named after him, Bradley had an SUV named after him, General Robert Neyland won natties and had a stadium named after him now sit down , shut up, and let the adults talk.;)

Reactions: ptcarter
Speaking of the state of Missouri, why is it a good thing that your state can take credit for Jesse James? A known murderer and thief?

It’s akin to Wisconsin calling themselves the state of Jeffrey Daumer

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Speaking of the state of Missouri, why is it a good thing that your state can take credit for Jesse James? A known murderer and thief?

It’s akin to Wisconsin calling themselves the state of Jeffrey Daumer

There are some Tennessee folks propping up Andrew Jackson, and he commissioned a genocide.

Pershing had a bottle rocket named after him, Bradley had an SUV named after him, General Robert Neyland won natties and had a stadium named after him now sit down , shut up, and let the adults talk.;)
How dare you disrepect Gen Pershing like this. Same with Bradley. You're disrespecting some significant military achievements and leadership over some silly football games.

How dare you disrepect Gen Pershing like this. Same with Bradley. You're disrespecting some significant military achievements and leadership over some silly football games.
Wow over react much? Is Pershing a relative of yours?? I am fully aware what Pershing and Bradley did in the military, have studied mistakes and triumphs of their wartime strategies and have visited both gravesites where their remains are interred in ANC. No disrespect for their military achievements at all, Washington had a cesspool swamp and an obelisk named after him you gonna take issue with those too?

Wow over react much? Is Pershing a relative of yours?? I am fully aware what Pershing and Bradley did in the military, have studied mistakes and triumphs of their wartime strategies and have visited both gravesites where their remains are interred in ANC. No disrespect for their military achievements at all, Washington had a cesspool swamp and an obelisk named after him you gonna take issue with those too?
No, but I have respect for them. You clearly don’t. I respect those that served before me. You sir, have extremely poor taste.

No, but I have respect for them. You clearly don’t. I respect those that served before me. You sir, have extremely poor taste.
Look I’m gonna take the high road here and You don’t know me or my taste but here’s what I did because you got me thinking. It’s really not clear from others perspective why you want to judge me based on a bit of levity that you very apparently took issue with. I am sorry it offended you and it really wasn’t my intention to disparage either of the two.
I called my college roommate lt col usarmy (ret) 82 airborne 4x combat vet, and a us army full bird col and a guy I have helped some with some veterans initiatives he spearheads. Both of them said almost the same thing they did not find in the least disrespectful or “ in poor taste” in the context I said it and not real sure why you would respond that way. I read one what I wrote and I showed my old roommate the thread and my response. These men have known me, one for 30+ years and will be at my house next week, and the other for 10 years so I’ll take their view that you are entitled to be offended but again dont asssume you know me.
A less important but also consistent opinion was a newly minted 2 Lt son of my roommate that you are taking issue with something that wasn’t MEANT to be disrespectful. My roommate said all three were great Americans and Gen neyland probably made more contribution towards molding of young men because of his breath of experiences in military and the university of tenn. He is currently the CO for a jrrotc program in N.C. with 200 cadets because of desiring to want to make a similar impact.
Sorry you took my post as offensive and I hope you have a good weekend.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Lol @bag12day, thanks for being so “descriptive” in your friends. Glad your friends are so big, bad, and awesome. Glad your “longtime” friends have your back. What a joke of a response. The “high road”, uh huh.

There is some serious disrespect for the state of Missouri on here. Do you guys have any idea who you're messing with?

Does the name Jesse James ring a bell?

How bout Black Jack Pershing, and Omar Bradley? Are they tough enough for you?

How bout the only human being in history who had the balls to use a nuke....TWICE!

Boys you better settle in and get used to war every time you play our boys from Mizzou :)
You forgot Rush Limbaugh.

Do you think that is always true? Alabama has won the National Championship twice (2011 and 2017) without winning the SEC West Division.
UF won the SEC East in '15-'16 and I don't know of a single UF fan that holds those 2 teams in high regard.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
UF won the SEC East in '15-'16 and I don't know of a single UF fan that holds those 2 teams in high regard.

Easily UF’s two worst squads to represent the East in the SECCG.

All those UT teams that finished behind UF in the 90s could name their score against either our ‘15 or ‘16 teams.

When I think of University of Missouri I think of one thing and always will. Not Bradley or Pershing or Jesse James, and not even my favorite POTUS.

I think of that left wing liberal communications professor screaming "I need some muscle over here!" in an effort to block a simple demonstration on campus that should have been protected by freedom of speech.

I believe her name was Melissa Click. She single handedly defined the University of Missouri as a liberal institution, fairly or not.

VN Store

Back